Chi Kung without Chi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mblohm
    I've been practicing chi kung everyday for some months now and I often find that during chi kung practice I don't feel chi. Actually, I feel chi much more often when I perform lifting the sky, pushing mountains or carrying the moon than when I go into "chi flow". However, I generally feel good after practice.

Is this chi kung without chi still chi kung?

Mark
    Mark, I would say you are doing just fine and going through some of the "usual" doubts assosicated with practicing this Art. Be assured, you are not practicing Chi Kung without Chi -- you may or may not FEEL chi effects, but this is indeed secondary.

Andrew
    Sifu Andrew Barnett
    Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
    Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
    Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

good practice

Mark:
      "Feeling good " in some way shows that you are having a good practice. Nevertheless I suggest not to worry about "thinking" of your chi- flow rather than enjoying being with your own self during 15 minutes a day. Hope to hear from you very soon again. Meanwhile enjoy your good practice.
      Papalo

Comment

feeling fresh

Dear Andrew Siheng and Juan Siheng,

Thank you both for your continuing support. It means a lot to me.

I'm feeling quite fresh today despite getting five and a half hours of sleep and flying seven hours across the atlantic.

All the best!

Mark
        少林華南台灣 Shaolin Wahnam Taiwan

Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

mental breakthrough

Just thought I'd let you all know that I had a breakthrough in my practice recently. I realized that I had not been effectively focusing my mind. Now I am focused, and I feel chi flowing every time I practice.

Mark

Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

Comment

Great news, Mark. Thanks for sharing.
            Sifu Anthony Korahais
            www.FlowingZen.com
            (Click here to learn more about me.)

Comment

Congratulations Mark!

Andrew
              Sifu Andrew Barnett
              Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
              Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
              Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Enjoy!

Great news, Mark.
                Now, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
                Papalo

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Facebook

Comment

Chi Kung without Chi?

G'day everyone. I'm new to this board and this is my first post.

I've too been concerned about not physically feeling chi whilst practising but am still content that I'm having a good session. I did approach Sifu Wong about it at the most recent intensive Chi Kung course in Sungai Pet. (which was amazing, by the way) and he said not to worry about it. Since then, I'm learning to let go and am still finding myself moving about without actually feeling much. I too am the same, I feel the chi more when I'm actually doing the repetitions rather than in the flow itself. Still pretty awesome though! I was at the course and got a wicked case of pinkeye in my left eye while my right eye was fine then two days later it switched so there was massive clearing going on there. So I've got no doubt that the chi still does it's work even though you don't feel much going on.

And congrats Mark on that progression, maybe I'll get there not too long from now.

Catcha later.

Craig

Comment

Hi Craig. Welcome to the forum.

Not all beginners can feel their chi directly. Some only feel the results of their chi -- the movements, the cleansing, the joy, the increased energy, etc. But compare this to people doing chi kung dance. They don't feel the chi, nor the results.

Give it time, and I think you'll eventually be able to perceive energy directly. Until then, enjoy the ride.
                      Sifu Anthony Korahais
                      www.FlowingZen.com

Comment

Hi Sifu Anthony

Not all beginners can feel their chi directly. Some only feel the results of their chi -- the movements, the cleansing, the joy, the increased energy, etc.
                        Is this something like feeling chi even when you are not doing dymanic forms?

Alberto

Comment

G'day everyone

Thanks for that Anthony. That advice helped me to not expect everything to come at once.

A massive problem that I used to have before I went to see Sifu Wong was that I kept getting frustrated that I couldn't feel my chi. Now I don't even worry about it.

So it's good to know that even though I can't yet perceive chi directly, I can still have really good results, and I've been having them. But when I do pushing mountains, I can directly feel the force flowing throughout my hands and my wrists. It's interesting that I can feel it a lot more doing pushing mountains than say, carrying the moon or lifting the sky... Is this because pushing mountains is an exercise more strictly suited to building internal force?

Comment

It's interesting that I can feel it a lot more doing pushing mountains than say, carrying the moon or lifting the sky... Is this because pushing mountains is an exercise more strictly suited to building internal force?
                            I don't know. It's often difficult to figure out why one person feels one thing, and another person feels something different. Each of us is a unique mix of energy and blockages, so the sensations are often very personal. The sensations also change over time.

I will say this: if you want to feel (or perceive) energy, then you must be in a chi kung state of mind. If you are worried or frustrated about feeling energy, then you are not in a chi kung state of mind.

An interesting conundrum, eh?
                            Sifu Anthony Korahais
                            www.FlowingZen.com

Comment

Hi Anthony,

Yeah you're right it's a tough nut to crack. I suppose the "answers" are better left to be discovered through practice. Not to worry. All things in good time.

Must get practising, it's dead on midnight and I hear tell that's a great time for chi...I'm going to a MASSIVE day-long concert tomorrow so I'll need all the energy I can get. Can't wait!

Craig

Comment

Not to worry. All things in good time.
                                Bingo.
                                Sifu Anthony Korahais
                                www.FlowingZen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X