Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spiritual achievements

Dear Everyone,

I read recently a quote that put spirituality for me in a more achievable perspective.

The cornerstone of Spirituality is self discipline.

Many spiritual systems have their initial stages train alot of self discipline. As a skill, self discipline is a key to opening the door to any spiritual achievement, big or small.

If your definition of spirituality is as simple as Do good, self discipline makes the road to this achievement very clear. This perspective has helped me pin down my own spiritual aims and objectives.

All the best,
    Innes Maran
    Shaolin Wahnam Scotland

'Because of factors like tradition, comradeship and gratitude to learn a priceless Art, good Kung Fu students develope loyalty to their Master and fellow classmates.'
    The Art of Shaolin Kung Fu

Comment

Originally posted by cha muir View Post
      We are very lucky that our Sifu has enabled us to recognize and allow our spirits to grow.

You yourself are responsible for any growth or change in you - you yourself bring yourself forth, and put yourself in the way of any information. You interpret it, you act on it.

No one is responsible for the growth of your spirit but you.

X

Comment

Originally posted by Darryl View Post
        Joy and sorrow are both parts of being alive, as is anything that can happen either to you or to those around you while you are alive.
        That is wise. *Allowance* maybe is a better word - allow life to be what it is - maybe it is a learning experience, and everythign we experience, high or low, is essential to our course.

X

Comment

Filial piety , Sifu piety

"You yourself are responsible for any growth or change in you - you yourself bring yourself forth, and put yourself in the way of any information. You interpret it, you act on it.....No one is responsible for the growth of your spirit but you." Quoted by xia .

Who are you ? Who is xia ? Where was xia before xia's parents got married ? Who brought xia forth to the world : a forceps wielding midwife or caesarean section? Who changed xia's pooh-filled diapers or his urine-drenched nappy when xia was a gurgling bambino ? Wonder who bottle or spoon fed xia when xia was an unsteady toddler or wipe xia's runny nose ?

Don't forget your Sifus (aka your parents) xia . Even growing up physically we are so dependent on others .....what more the subtle art of spiritual cultivation .

Sure you alone are responsible for your first infancy steps or spirit growth but always with the veteran guidance of those who have been there and done that.....our parents , school teachers , our elders or CMA Sifus ( that include Grandmasters Wang and Wong ).

It is easier for a humble camel-riding xia( aka horse riding knight) to go through the eye of a needle then for an ego-bloated xia to enter the wide gates of heaven .
          Damian Kissey
          Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
          www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

Originally posted by Damian Kissey View Post
            "You yourself are responsible for any growth or change in you - you yourself bring yourself forth, and put yourself in the way of any information. You interpret it, you act on it.....No one is responsible for the growth of your spirit but you." Quoted by xia .

Who are you ? Who is xia ? Where was xia before xia's parents got married ? Who brought xia forth to the world : a forceps wielding midwife or caesarean section? Who changed xia's pooh-filled diapers or his urine-drenched nappy when xia was a gurgling bambino ? Wonder who bottle or spoon fed xia when xia was an unsteady toddler or wipe xia's runny nose ?
            And yet, who breathed meaning in to all of those acts? Forme, I take utter responsibility for my world - even placing myself in the arms of my parents.

Don't forget your Sifus (aka your parents) xia . Even growing up physically we are so dependent on others .....what more the subtle art of spiritual cultivation .
            Equating parents with sifus, all though I see your point, is symptomatic of the problems at Wahnam. Parent may be a little like Sifus, I guess, but Sifus are not your parents.

Spiritual cultivation means nothing to me. I am a human being, and all my spirit is here, with me... I don't by the New Age crap that seeks to cure me of being human. My spirit grows naturally, as a natural result of accepting full and total responsibility for myself, my words and my life. If some people call that spirituality, that is fine by me - but for all the help I have ever recieved, I myself brought myself forth to it. So you wonder if I am ungrateful? No. The debt is paid back by helping others in my turn.

Sure you alone are responsible for your first infancy steps or spirit growth but always with the veteran guidance of those who have been there and done that.....our parents , school teachers , our elders or CMA Sifus ( that include Grandmasters Wang and Wong ).
            The heart of Tao is to understand that all of our meanings and all of our reality, including the meaning we apply to our parents, even ourselves, comes from us - from tao, from the nameless, the no-thing. Regardless of how we view it, the help is there either way... but for some, we accept full responsibility for taking the help.

Part of what is wrong here is that the virtue of gratitude to others has been twisted in to a false sense of being *given*, as if you should scratch the dirt for your own work and understanding. A real teacher encourages you to take responsibility for everythign that you have learned - for every piece of understanding that you struggled with and came to - because they know that that is the only real way to progress.

It is easier for a humble camel-riding xia( aka horse riding knight) to go through the eye of a needle then for an ego-bloated xia to enter the wide gates of heaven .
            I am not ego bloated, I just take responsibility for my ego. There is a great difference, and when you see it, maybe you will not need a dream heaven any more.

X

Comment

And what of the parents who bring all these blessings to a child,but also abuse them,how then should one be filial to there parents?

best wishes,
              ".....Irrespective of race culture and religion." Sifu.

Love to All.

Comment

Cultivating the Spirit of Tao

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Damian Kissey

And yet, who breathed meaning in to all of those acts? Forme, I take utter responsibility for my world - even placing myself in the arms of my parents.

Yes , who breathed meaning into life ? Who’s nostrils ? Who’s air ? Who’s xia : a boy , a hermaphrodite , a composite of xia’s mother’s 46XX and father’s 46XY chromosomes , caucasian , mongoloid , inexperienced teenager , angry octagenerian , a physical object , a physical object with a non physical mind/spirit/soul , a discrete entity roaming around aimlessly in the formless Tao , an all knowing knight who wants to rehabilitate Sifu Wong , a fake , an internet troll , a manic-depressive or a regular girl looking for some appreciation ?
                With power comes responsibility and real power comes from unity of thought , words and deeds.Some of xia’s words show disunity with reality : eg xia imagined that all humans have seen a car when some people in my village haven’t even seen a bicycle ( does not mean they are less , the village priestesses can communicate with the spirit world while city folks are not even aware of their depressed spirit ) and xia theorizes about levitating into parents arms when doesn’t even remember what diaper size was on.A lot ( not all ) of new age crap comes from theorists who intellectualise about reality but are not even aware of the blood cells that course through their veins . We hope , for xia’s own good , that xia will be more utterly responsible for the world ( is xia’s world different from the World ?).

Quote:

Equating parents with sifus, all though I see your point, is symptomatic of the problems at Wahnam. Parent may be a little like Sifus, I guess, but Sifus are not your parents.

Sifu literally means father-teacher and I meant your biological father ( and mother who carried you for 9 months or were you postdate or premature ? did you ever respectfully sit down and talk to your parents who were also your teachers?).Non piety to biological parents and metaphorical parents are symptomatic of the dysfunctional individual of today’s confused citizens from dysfunctional family , very unlike the Wahnam International Family with members from all continents ( of course it will be too much for some to grasp that we also have members in the spirit world )

Spiritual cultivation means nothing to me. I am a human being, and all my spirit is here, with me... I don't by the New Age crap that seeks to cure me of being human. My spirit grows naturally, as a natural result of accepting full and total responsibility for myself, my words and my life. If some people call that spirituality, that is fine by me - but for all the help I have ever recieved, I myself brought myself forth to it. So you wonder if I am ungrateful? No. The debt is paid back by helping others in my turn.

What is spirit ? What is Tao? What is being/was/to be human? What is me /not me ? What is here /there /everywhere? What is new ? What is old ? What is space and time ? What is xia’s ? What is xia ?What is not xia’s ? Humans have this incurable disease called death not to mention prejudice , egomaniac , AIDS, SARS and presenile dementia .Perhaps , xia can try new age with an open mind and forthcoming cures are certainly welcome…...after all what is old today was new yesterday ( damn those senile hordes who call the Wright brothers crap and pitiful the narrow mindedness of officials who put Dr Pang He Min founder of Zhineng Qigong to jail ) To change the world , one has to start with one’s self .To help others responsibly , one has to help one’s self qualify .And help sometimes comes in the guise of misfortunes .And some debts have to be paid with one’s life.

Quote:

The heart of Tao is to understand that all of our meanings and all of our reality, including the meaning we apply to our parents, even ourselves, comes from us - from tao, from the nameless, the no-thing. Regardless of how we view it, the help is there either way... but for some, we accept full responsibility for taking the help.
                Part of what is wrong here is that the virtue of gratitude to others has been twisted in to a false sense of being *given*, as if you should scratch the dirt for your own work and understanding. A real teacher encourages you to take responsibility for everythign that you have learned - for every piece of understanding that you struggled with and came to - because they know that that is the only real way to progress.

Is xia a real teacher ( assuming xia teaches a dojo in Manchester or has xia ever been a real student) ? Is Sifu Wang a real teacher ? Is Sifu Wong a real teacher ( I know the answer to this is yes because it fulfills xia’s criteria above) is a redundant question to all who those who have learned and progressed on their own with real encouragement from Sifu .

Quote:

I am not ego bloated, I just take responsibility for my ego. There is a great difference, and when you see it, maybe you will not need a dream heaven any more.

When ego bloats to the extreme , it will eventually explode to become zero and discover no boundaries , the nameless , no-thing , the Tao , the heaven . Science classify ego consciousness into wake state , REM sleep ( where xia and all human beings may dream) and SWS ( slow wave sleep or deep sleep)…..to take full responsibility for one’s ego needs a thorough theoretical and practical knowledge of one’s being and not just internet talk/troll.
                Have gratitude xia , for God has given you another day , spent it in a useful way for yourself and others , for you don’t know when the Angel of death will come a knockin on your third eye !
                Damian Kissey

Comment

Courage Righteousness Compassion Wisdom

Originally posted by jez View Post

And what of the parents who bring all these blessings to a child,but also abuse them,how then should one be filial to there parents?

best wishes,
                  Abusive parents are wrong . Abused children must have the courage to right what is wrong . This should be done in a compassionate way and needs wisdom to be implemented .

And wisdom comes from self discovery .And self discovery is an art to be practised with guidance from the wise ones who have trodden the path.

It is simple but not easy . Have courage , for help comes to those who sincerely work for it.

Best wishes in your practise of self discovery.
                  Damian Kissey

Comment

Abusive parents are wrong . Abused children must have the courage to right what is wrong . This should be done in a compassionate way and needs wisdom to be implemented .

And wisdom comes from self discovery .And self discovery is an art to be practised with guidance from the wise ones who have trodden the path.

It is simple but not easy . Have courage , for help comes to those who sincerely work for it.

Best wishes in your practise of self discovery.

Your best wishes are backwards facing, patronising and without real intent. Your ranting is not directed at me, so I will not address it.

X

Comment

Spirituality and abusive people

Originally posted by Xia View Post
                      Your best wishes are backwards facing, patronising and without real intent. Your ranting is not directed at me, so I will not address it.

X
                      Best wishes face everywhere ( including to oneself ) and strenght of intent depend on spiritual focus .
                      xia , please address yourself first before trying to address us in our own house . Have you had a difficult childhood ? Is that why xia is seething with negative emotion when faced with the unknown ?

In almost 2 decades of hospital work in Europe and in Malaysia , i have participated as a student and professional in guiding and helping abused children and abusive parents . It is a noble task to give our time and energy in helping others find happiness .This is also one of the aims of our forum which is an extension of our Kwoon .In trying to help others , xia , never forget to work on yourself too for unqualified help is like the blind leading the blind.

Have gratitude xia , for God has given you another day , spent it in a useful way for yourself and others , for you don’t know when the Angel of death will come a knockin on your third eye !
                      Damian Kissey

Comment

The angel of death will come when it is due. All that matters in between is how we live. I do not have any gods.

Your other words are without honour - just another layer to the cult defence - attack a person's childhood... really, that is a crude and usually cruel attempt to get at someone by attacking childish weaknesses that still linger. All cults do this, and define themselves as cults for it - stage by stage, attacking the detractor on every level, until all they have left is insulting people's childhood and parents. You are despicable, and a perversion of all that you claim to represent. In my humble view.

X

Comment

Originally posted by Xia View Post
                          The angel of death will come when it is due. All that matters in between is how we live. I do not have any gods.

Your other words are without honour - just another layer to the cult defence - attack a person's childhood... really, that is a crude and usually cruel attempt to get at someone by attacking childish weaknesses that still linger. All cults do this, and define themselves as cults for it - stage by stage, attacking the detractor on every level, until all they have left is insulting people's childhood and parents. You are despicable, and a perversion of all that you claim to represent. In my humble view.

X
                          Dear Xia,

Like siblings in the CMA world , we help each other on the path of self discovery . We never say we do not want to help if you have psychological trauma from childhood . No one is perfect , including Grandmasters Wang & Wong but they never stop in trying their best in helping themselves and others in a compassionate way .

Cults ( i have some experience with people who manage to get out of their brainwashing grip) on the hand try to stop people from self discovery which is the complete opposite of what Shaolin Wahnam Institute aims to do .

Avoid evil , do good , cultivate the Self .

It's never too late xia , for you or anybody. And who said you must have God or gods : investigate first and find out for yourself.

Sincerely wishing xia a happy self discovery .
                          Damian Kissey

Comment

Dear Xia,

Like siblings in the CMA world , we help each other on the path of self discovery . We never say we do not want to help if you have psychological trauma from childhood . No one is perfect , including Grandmasters Wang & Wong but they never stop in trying their best in helping themselves and others in a compassionate way .

Cults ( i have some experience with people who manage to get out of their brainwashing grip) on the hand try to stop people from self discovery which is the complete opposite of what Shaolin Wahnam Institute aims to do .

Avoid evil , do good , cultivate the Self .

It's never too late xia , for you or anybody. And who said you must have God or gods : investigate first and find out for yourself.

Sincerely wishing xia a happy self discovery .

My, you are quite the pompous one! Is this the best that you have left now - defend this ridiculous nonsense by attacking people on every possible level - personal, intellectual, childhood, parents, soul, spiritual.... ? Is there no level to which you won't stoop? Who taught you this way of behaviour? Shaolin? No.

X

Comment

The truth hurts xia

Dear xia ,

Relax , take a deep breath and focus : being pompous on a high chair lecturing to us lowly ones in our own forum in a negative state of mind is not good for your health .
                              What you call attacking is actually a helping hand .
                              You feel hurt because your egocentric world view is undergoing a paradigm shift . Mainstream pompous authorities feel hurt and arrested Master Galileo and put him in jail because they cannot bear the truth about the falsity of the earth centric solar system.....they think the great scientist is attacking them when all he is doing is telling them about the Tao , the natural truth .

That is what makes Grandmaster Wang & Wong great : they tell people never to stop learning , for self discovery .....xia , heed Sifu Wang's wisdom for a positive development in your limited earth sojourn.
                              Damian Kissey

Comment

love to all

I must say it is disapointing to see this thread descend to the level of personal attack!

tolerance love and compassion to all!
                                ".....Irrespective of race culture and religion." Sifu.

Love to All.

Comment

Working...
                                X