Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chi Kung and Psychic Defense

Hello,

I would like to know if there are any exercises or theories in the area of mental/emotional defenses and strengthening in Chi Kung and martial arts. Surely the development of Chi and the confidence that martial arts brings builds these up naturally. But I would like to know if there are direct applications and exercises as a focus.

This would involve the control of telepathy, being able to obscure/protect one's thoughts and feelings, maintaining personal strength/integrity, dealing with attempts at manipulation, abuse, energy draining and control (often where fear is involved or energy levels are low). Basically, any sort of negative interaction in this area which is destructive to one's happiness, energy levels and mental health. But also for the enhancement of creative efforts and exchanges between people.

Surely one can engage these negative energies mentally with chi in the same way that physical attacks are engaged with the martial arts forms. I have never read anything along these lines so far. Are there any terms for this, exercises, or books which deal with this? Is this a part of advanced Chi Kung training?

Thanks, I would appreciate to any thoughts or resources.

Simple

Hi Cat,

It is likely that this will come as no real surprise but regardless of the method/attack/situation, I would say that there are only two main 'counters'.

1) - Smiling From The Heart

2) - Developing Internal Force

Both of these also leading to

3) - Harmonious chi flow

I would also say that these three cover physical, mental, emotional and spiritual interactions regardless of their origin. Don't worry about where the negative energy comes from, just let it go by. The stronger your spirit becomes, the less susceptible you would be to such actions.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. What you wrote makes the most sense. Actually, I think my question was overly complex, I am realizing how essential internal energy cultivation is , as I practice... it is bound to result in positive effects and defense on every level.

Comment

Working...
      X