No announcement yet.

Chi Kung and alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever since I came back from the Intensive Chi Kung course with Sifu, almost everyday I wake up I feel as if I have a hangover. I'm nauseated, I have heart burn and a head ache.

I have drank quite a bit in my past, but not anymore. I'm wondering. Is this cleansing? Or is there another reason to this?

Comment

That sounds like cleansing. After the course in January I was "sick" a couple of days as well, with asmathic like symptoms; chi was clearing muckus from my lungs.

It should soon pass, and it will be a while until you reach that level of cleansing again on your own, Sifu gives people a boost in many ways during a intensive course
      When one door closes, another one opens.

Comment

I had another chi kung teacher before that would teach a low level chi kung. He would tell us that every now and then its good to drink to cleanse the body.

However, personally I choose not to drink anymore. I use to drink alot but then I realize people don't drink for taste. I just didn't need a buzz to have a good time.

Now if only I could stop drinking soda.
        Amituofo

Comment

Drunken Monkey Falls out of Tree

Hi all nice forum, nice thread.

I am just learner but if i can be so bold and i usualy can after a can, hic. Theres ballance in change ying and yang energies exist in change, constant ballance has no ying or yang energy so ballance is fine to return to but we should move.

Also a shift in your perception for some to happen just once is worth so much.

Ed. I find a little bit of weed can Soften the body and calm the mind ultimate relaxation for fa-jing ?

just my thoughts.
          Last edited by matisamd; 22 July 2008, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Hi Matisamd

In keeping your central equilibrium you will maintain internal stillness while moving ie you won't be over extending or lagging within while moving.

Weed is unnecessary. Change of perception, balance, chi flow, relaxation, etc can easily be achieved if your training method is correct.

Comment

Having seen and followed people who have with regular alcohol consumption destroyed both their health and social life, I am problaby not very neutral with respect to this. My experience is that alcohol is tricky because it is socially so widely accepted and most people have a hard time judging their own limits.

To me there are two aspects:

1. The first one concerns the amount of alcohol you drink yourself.
              Drinking once in a while a glass is no issue and might even be healthy. However for many it seems difficult to stop after a glass ... even more so as being a "cool guy" (and now a cool girl too) in many places still involves drinking as much as one can... (Actually if somebody has an explanation for this I would be interested.)
              We are all familiar with the short term effects: getting unbalanced both physically and emotionally (becoming either agressive or extremly soft and nice for example, telling things they would normally never tell etc). Now the tricky thing with alcohol is that everybody you ask about will tell you they do know when to stop and this doesn't happen to them. Sometimes I wish I had a video camera or a tape recorder ... ...
              And then there are long term effects: liver dammage, brain dammage such as permanent memory loss, failure to concentrate, reduced cardiovascular functions etc.

No doubt that high level Chi Kung improves the way our body can handle alcohol and other drugs, and that we might be able to drink a bit more. But to all but the very high level masters there will still be a limit ... so why not, instead of using our good Chi to clear up the negative effects, enjoy 1-2 glasses fully and leave the 5 others ?

2. The second aspect is related to the first one and concerns being an example for others.
              Even assuming you can drink without limit, your friends might not be able to and get harmed when trying to be as "resistent" as you. Being an example and carrying about those around you might be another good reason to stay at the enjoyable amount for everybody.

As for other drugs ... I agree with Steve ... and the effects are lasting and allways enjoyable

Andrea
              Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
              Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Nice Post Sister

Having seen and followed people who have with regular alcohol consumption destroyed both their health and social life, I am problaby not very neutral with respect to this. My experience is that alcohol is tricky because it is socially so widely accepted and most people have a hard time judging their own limits.
                ....even seen the ones that "could handle" drugs of all sorts and others dying!

In my case Qi Kung reduced my alcohol consumption and other "bad" habits in quite a short time. Not by intention, it just happened. I never was a heavy drinker but occasionally I would, sometimes even too much. Now I very rarely drink a glass of wine or beer with joy....

I think at a certain level of qi kung the one or the other will reduce itsself.....

Pat
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                He who knows much about others may be learned, but he who understands himself is more intelligent. He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.

Comment

Wine and chi kung

Well, I can just report my personal experience :

I usually enjoy some good wine during meals, I never count how many glasses (one, two, or perhaps three ?), and this doesn't affects my chi flow at all.

Sometimes, when I am in good company, with friends or with my girlfriend for instance, I drink a lot of beer, wine or spirits with no side effects...If I remember well

Comment

Working...
                  X