Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reply to contact

Originally posted by Chiahua View Post
    Comp if you are in the Portland metro area there is a more advanced practitioner who recently moved to the area. PM me and I can put you in contact with him (he's not on the forum too often). You'll find it very beneficial to be able to practice the sequences with someone.
    Chiahua is he a qualified Shaolin Wahnam instructor? I have not yet learned from an instructor. Do I have to be a student and have learned to practice the sequences? Please reply. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by comp52 View Post
      Chiahua is he a qualified Shaolin Wahnam instructor? I have not yet learned from an instructor. Do I have to be a student and have learned to practice the sequences? Please reply. Thank you.
      Hi Comp, he is a student of Sigung's and I know he's authorized to teach by Sigung. I've practiced with him on a number of occasions. If you are preparing for an intensive I would say this is a good idea. I know he doesn't have regular classes going, but I'm sure he'd be flexible.

Comment

Reply to response

Originally posted by Chiahua View Post
        Hi Comp, he is a student of Sigung's and I know he's authorized to teach by Sigung. I've practiced with him on a number of occasions. If you are preparing for an intensive I would say this is a good idea. I know he doesn't have regular classes going, but I'm sure he'd be flexible.
        Chiahua, can you please post his phone number and address? I would be interested to meet him when I can.

Greatly appreciated,
        Steven

P.S. My real name is Steven. Comp52 is my user name and I'm thinking of changing it soon.

Comment

Alrighty Steven I've PM'd you his particulars. Happy training!

Comment

Question to Instructors

Hello Shaolin Wahnam Instructors,

Are there qualified instructors that are not listed on the Shaolin Wahnam website?

Comment

Originally posted by comp52 View Post
              Are there qualified instructors that are not listed on the Shaolin Wahnam website?
              There are a couple of Sifu Wong's personal senior disciples who have chosen not to be instructors (at this time) but would be fully qualified and certified to do so. Otherwise the list should show all Shaolin Wahnam instructors.
              Sifu Andrew Barnett
              Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
              Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
              Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

RE: Question for Instructors

Thank you for replying Sifu Andrew Barnett

Comment

Dear Instructors, just a Q for the Essence of Shaolin.

After constant daily practice of the EOS set I'm still wondering why, or who to, do we do the Shaolin Salute.

The 3 Directions that Im speculating are;

Pastmasters :
                  Lai Chin Wah (Uncle Righteousness)
                  Ho Fatt Nam
                  Choe Hoong Choy
                  or
                  The Venerable Hui Neng, the sixth patriarch of Zen

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
                  James
                  /O
                  Aaahhhhh!

Comment

EOS Shaolin Salute : Why ? Who To ?

Interesting speculation James and why not ?

In my opinion as to the ..

1) Why :

a) Standard salute form before a set .
                    b) Practise of a combat application pattern in different directions : chin na or defence-cum-strike
                    c) A pattern to train form, force , flow and speed in 6 harmonies
                    d) Zen or Mind training : total awareness of everything ( people , terrain , ambience , etc ) in all directions during kungfu practice ...this would include awareness of eg hidden opponents , wind direction ( eg throw sand at opponent down wind ) , sun rays ( eg glare from reflected light from bladed weapons to gain advantage in combat )

2) Who to :

a) To spectators if in a performance
                    b) To opponents if in friendly sparring or actual combat
                    c) To your Sifu if she/he is observing your kungfu
                    d) To shadow partner
                    e) To no one in particular because you do it as part of kungfu technique and skill training and not to salute

Best wishes and with Shaolin Salute in all directions
                    Damian Kissey
                    Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
                    www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

Beyond the Horizon ...

Thank You Dr Damien, for expanding on my limited perspective!

Much Appreciated!
                      James
                      /O

Originally posted by Damian Kissey View Post
                      Interesting speculation James and why not ?

In my opinion as to the ..

1) Why :

a) Standard salute form before a set .
                      b) Practise of a combat application pattern in different directions : chin na or defence-cum-strike
                      c) A pattern to train form, force , flow and speed in 6 harmonies
                      d) Zen or Mind training : total awareness of everything ( people , terrain , ambience , etc ) in all directions during kungfu practice ...this would include awareness of eg hidden opponents , wind direction ( eg throw sand at opponent down wind ) , sun rays ( eg glare from reflected light from bladed weapons to gain advantage in combat )

2) Who to :

a) To spectators if in a performance
                      b) To opponents if in friendly sparring or actual combat
                      c) To your Sifu if she/he is observing your kungfu
                      d) To shadow partner
                      e) To no one in particular because you do it as part of kungfu technique and skill training and not to salute

Best wishes and with Shaolin Salute in all directions
                      Aaahhhhh!

Comment

Lump in my throat

Hi Everybody! first of all thank you for letting me join the virtual kwoon its really the best source for information in this journey. Im a student of Sifu Kenya in Ecuador and Its been a wonderful experience. Since I first started with Sifu Kenya my life has changed completely, I use to suffer from unbearable anxiety and depression but Chi Kung has cleaned me up and restored my energy since. Lately Ive been experiencing some unusual things, Ive had a feeling of a lump in my throat for a couple of weeks now and a small twich in my eye jeje nothing to worry about but unusual nonetheless. Also when I do Chi Kung I get this gag reflex as if I was going to throw up but its only an intense cough, Ive had that since I started Chi Kung practices and I was wondering what it means. Sifu Kenya has adviced me to do Rotating Head but when I do the gag reflex is even more intense. Thank you so much for your time and I cant express enough my gratitud towards Sifu Kenya and the Shaolin Wahnam Institute for everything!

Comment

Dear David,

Congratulations on your good progress in your chi kung practice!

The gag effect while practicing is most likely chi pushing some rubbish out from your body (negative energy). This has happened to many others also. You don’t have to worry, just enjoy your chi flow and let chi do it’s work. Once the blockage is cleared, the gaging will stop.

It is the same with the eye twiching, it is most likely there is some energy blockage there. It will clear up.

Continue on with your practice and enjoy!

Best wishes,

Nessa
                          Nessa Kahila
                          Shaolin Nordic Finland
                          Instructor
                          nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Gag reflex

Thank you so much, sometimes the western mind plays the old tricks on me and makes me paranoid in the search for medical attention jajaja Its wonderful to count with so much support here in the Kwoon thank you so much Sifu Nessa and I will keep updating on my progress! Thank you on again!

Originally posted by Nessa View Post
                            Dear David,

Congratulations on your good progress in your chi kung practice!

The gag effect while practicing is most likely chi pushing some rubbish out from your body (negative energy). This has happened to many others also. You don’t have to worry, just enjoy your chi flow and let chi do it’s work. Once the blockage is cleared, the gaging will stop.

It is the same with the eye twiching, it is most likely there is some energy blockage there. It will clear up.

Continue on with your practice and enjoy!

Best wishes,

Nessa

Comment

Working...
                            X