Internal Force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darryl
    When you introduce non-dualistic thinking...
    Just out of interest Darryl Sihing... how do you think non-dualistically?

Mike Sidai
    "If you realised how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought." Peace Pilgrim.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike B
      how do you think non-dualistically?
      You don't

For a slightly more serious answer (and potentially a new thread) I just accept it and everything gets much easier. I also don't accept it as I would then be incapable of doing anything.

Or - see what's there, not what you want to be there
      Last edited by Darryl; 2 August 2004, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Er - yeh - right (maybe )...
        "If you realised how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought." Peace Pilgrim.

Comment

Swaying vs Standing

Hi

since we are on this topic, please bear with my asking this incessant question...

1) Is "swaying in the breeze" different from "standing meditation"? All I know if that after I perform a dynamic pattern, I remain in "Swaying". "Standing mediation" is something that comes after "Swaying", correct?

The other question is, how does one think of nothing during Swaying? WHen doing standing mediation, at least I focus on the dantian. But when Swaying, while I enjoy the flow, thoughts do flow in my mind. Should i be focussing on anything to avoid distractions. But I remember Sifu saying categorically, think of nothing.
          百德以孝为先
          Persevere in correct practice

Comment

[QUOTE=Darryl]While this can broadly be correct, it can also be incorrect. The actual descriptions from each course participant will be different yet the course structure will be the same. Depending on the questions asked, experiences experienced and other individual variables, each course will cover the same key events and have an individual flavour compared to other courses.

Yes, of course. Sorry I seem to be saying the wrong things all the time (if it is any excuse, English is not my native tongue). The course structure is the same for the courses, but the kind of "enlightenment" attained by each participant is different, even for the same person who attends two consecutive intensive courses. One of the students told me that even though he heard the same thing in the Regional course, something clicked this time and he had a great awakening.
            百德以孝为先
            Persevere in correct practice

Comment

Meditating

Is it possible to get chi flowing through meditation? Every time I do so, I feel a cold air surrounding me? It is cold where I live. Perhaps I'm just reacting to my enviroment.

Comment

As a fellow Oregonian, I would say that while it's fantastic to get fresh air during your practice, you might also consider bundling up for the elements. Make sure you're not getting rained on

But seriously, there are plenty of threads on this forum that offer advice for practicing when it's cold outside; there are members who live in much colder climes than the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by comp52 View Post
                  Is it possible to get chi flowing through meditation?
                  Yes. Is that the aim of your meditation practise, to get chi flowing? Or is it an effect of your meditation practise?

Unless you are advanced a more cost effective and holistically better way to get chi flowing would be to practise genuine chi kung. This will also improve your meditation.

Originally posted by comp52 View Post
                  Every time I do so, I feel a cold air surrounding me? It is cold where I live. Perhaps I'm just reacting to my enviroment.
                  Do you meditate in a cold place or do you feel cold when meditating?

I live in Norway, and when it gets cold outside I make sure to practise in a suitable environment; inside with normal clothing rather then outside dressed like Santa

What kind of meditation do you practise, and have you asked your teacher?
                  When one door closes, another one opens.

Comment

Excellent metaphor Daryl Siheng!

Thank you for this metaphor Daryl. I find it very illuminating.
                    .•´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`°irene°´¯`•.¸¸. ´¯`•.

---------------------------------------
                    “I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.”
                    Hafiz

Comment

Working...
                    X