Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living Between Heaven and Earth

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Eat, Pray and Love happens to be one of my favorite movies. Below there is one quote from it:

People in Bali understand, in order to stay happy, must always know where you are every moment.
    Right here is perfect balance.
    Right at meeting of heaven and earth.
    Not too much God, not too much selfish.
    Otherwise, life too crazy.
    You lose balance, you lose power.
    ~Ketut Liyer
    Our practice can be extremely spiritual and it can also root us into the world.

Recently, I was re-reading the extraordinary translation of Zhang San Feng Treatise from Sifu and while reading about Man, Heaven and Earth it reminded me again of this balance of man living between Heaven and Earth.

Personally, I have experienced that if I respect this balance and stay between heaven and earth I feel in harmony and strong.

What are your thoughts on this?

Between Heaven and Earth.jpg
    Picture Source

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Hi Siheng,

Some quotes I like from The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna:

Later he said: "Since you are going to lead a householder's life, create a roseate intoxication in your mind with the thought of God. You will be doing your duties, but let that pleasant intoxication remain with you. You cannot, of course, like Sukadeva, be so inebriated with the thought of God that you will lie naked and unconscious. As long as you have to live in the world, give God the power of attorney. Make over all your responsibilities to Him; let Him do as He likes. Live in the world like a maidservant in a rich man's house. She bathes her master's children, washes them, feeds them, and takes affectionate care of them in many ways, as if they were her own children; but in her heart she knows very well that they do not belong to her. No sooner is she dismissed than all is over; she has no more relationship with the children."

"Before breaking open the jack-fruit you should rub your hands with oil in order to protect them from the sticky juice. Likewise, protect yourself with the oil of devotion; then the world will not cling to you and you will not be affected by it.""

All this time Sri Ramakrishna was seated on the floor. Now he got up and stretched himself on his cot."

He said to me, "Fan me a little.""

I began to fan him and he was silent."

After a while he said: "Oh, it's so hot! Why don't you dip the fan in water?""

"Ah!" I said. "You have your fancies, too!""

The Master smiled and drawled out, "And-why-not?""

"Very well!" I said. "Have your full measure of them.""

I cannot express in words how immensely I enjoyed his company that day."

This very world is a mansion of mirth;
    Here I can eat, here drink and make merry.
    Janaka's might was unsurpassed;
    What did he lack of the world or the Spirit?
    Holding to one as well as the other,
    He drank his milk from a brimming cup!
    Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew R View Post
      Hi Siheng,

Some quotes I like from The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna:
      Beautiful and inspiring words. Thanks for sharing them dear Sidai.

Santi

Comment

Beautiful quotes.

Recently, I was re-reading the extraordinary translation of Zhang San Feng Treatise from Sifu and while reading about Man, Heaven and Earth it reminded me again of this balance of man living between Heaven and Earth.
        This is the focus of the course Sifu is running in December - Cultivating Spirit, Training Energy: Embodying the Wisdom of Zhang San Feng. The objectives he has set for the course are:

Objectives
        1. To have a practical understanding of the wisdom of Zhang San Feng
        2. To learn to flow with the Cosmos, rather than against it
        3. To learn how to attain a unity of spirit and energy
        4. To learn how to use those skills with compassion and wisdom
        5. To experience Cosmic and phenomenal reality … at the same time
        6. To have a direct experience of Cosmic Consciousness
        Looking forward to continuing this practice and seeing some of you in December.

With metta,

Barry
        Profile at Capio Nightingale Hospital London Click here
        Chi Kung & Tai Chi Chuan in the UK Fully Alive
        Fully Alive on Facebook Fully Alive
        UK Summer Camp 2017 Click here for details
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barrys View Post
          Beautiful quotes.

This is the focus of the course Sifu is running in December - Cultivating Spirit, Training Energy: Embodying the Wisdom of Zhang San Feng. The objectives he has set for the course are:

Looking forward to continuing this practice and seeing some of you in December.

With metta,

Barry
          Thank you dear Siheng for the wonderful reminder on Zhang San Feng wisdom and the coming course in December. I am sure that it is going to be a life-changing course for all the participants.

All Course Objetives are absolute fantastic but #2 (To learn to flow with the Cosmos, rather than against it) certainly resonates within me.

Santi

Comment

By the way, I use this opportunity for asking to the Shaolin Wahnam Family:

Has the Treatise of Zhang San Feng benefited your practice and / or life? If yes, in which ways?

Regarding my personal life and training, the Treatise has helped me to understand at a deeper level not only the importance of Yin-Yang Harmony but also the application of it in my work and play.

It has also left a profound imprint in my spirit as I have deepen my understanding of the continuos interaction between Yin and Yang. It is hard to describe the feeling but, in terms of skill and application, I have become more skillful in applying this Yin-Yang operation to daily life so I can more successfully bring the best of every situation.

There has been one course that greatly enhanced my understanding of Yin-Yang harmony. This course was "The Pushing Hands Course" taught by Sifu in Ireland in 2017. Specially the part when we were training different roles "Attacker-Defender" and "Defender-Attacker".

Maybe we can continue this discussion of Zhang San Feng's teachings on the thread that Tim Siheng has so kindly created for that purpose:

Santi

Comment

Objectives

Thank you Barry Sihing for quoting it here again.

Objectives
              1. To have a practical understanding of the wisdom of Zhang San Feng
              2. To learn to flow with the Cosmos, rather than against it
              3. To learn how to attain a unity of spirit and energy
              4. To learn how to use those skills with compassion and wisdom
              5. To experience Cosmic and phenomenal reality … at the same time
              6. To have a direct experience of Cosmic Consciousness

I will print it and stick it on my wall.
              .•´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`°irene°´¯`•.¸¸. ´¯`•.

---------------------------------------
              “I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.”
              Hafiz

Comment

Working...
              X