Differentiating Genuine Chi Kung versus gentle exercise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differentiating Genuine Chi Kung versus gentle exercise

How can we say with authority whether a person is practising genuine Chi Kung or performing gentle exercise.
    The practitioner may already be enjoying good health but just performing Chi Kung forms and imitating Chi Flow swaying

If they practice within your energy field, their practicing a real energy art would affect your energy differently than them practicing a gentle physical exercise.

There are other ways, but I don't suggest them due to ethics. Especially if you are just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex McLeod View Post
      If they practice within your energy field, their practicing a real energy art would affect your energy differently than them practicing a gentle physical exercise.

Interesting response .
      Could you please elaborate what you mean by "practice within your energy field"

Comment

Dear Yazdi,

We can look, for example, if the person is tensing the muscles, closing the mouth or if the person is not focused and relax at the same time.

We can also investigate if the person has further benefits like vitality, longevity, internal force, mental clarity and/or spiritual cultivation.

We can use your zen mind to know directly, i think, if available, this is the best way for us.

Best regards,

Ángel

Comment

Originally posted by Yazdi Daruwalla View Post
          Interesting response .
          Could you please elaborate what you mean by "practice within your energy field"
          If you have a particularly large energy field, and they are inside it during their practicing. It will make sense if it is applicable.

Comment

Dear Alex
            Thanks for the clarification
            Regards
            Yazdi

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

First, I would like to thank Yazdi Sidai for starting this thread and all the participants for their contributions.

There is a great video from this year Madrid courses where Sifu demonstrates "Gentle Excercise" Vs "Genuine Chi Kung". This inspiring demonstration can be found at the start of the video:

*for some reason I cannot embed the video from Vimeo. Hence I share just the link https://vimeo.com/269502803

But how about other more internal skills like Small Universe, Dan Tian breathing, Bone Marrow Cleansing where external manifestation might not be always so obvious? What would be the best way to know if a practitioner is practicing the skills correctly?

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi
              Last edited by sancrica; 19 May 2018, 10:54 AM. Reason: Link from Video not working

Comment

Originally posted by sancrica View Post
                But how about other more internal skills like Small Universe, Dan Tian breathing, Bone Marrow Cleansing where external manifestation might not be always so obvious? What would be the best way to know if a practitioner is practicing the skills correctly?
                It´s simple: he / she will get the respective results and radiate vitality and health.

With best regards,
                Anton.
                Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
                Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
                http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
                http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
                http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

Are we talking about ourself as the practitioner here, or someone else? For ourselves, as long as there are no signs of deviations or excess energy, I wouldn't worry about it.

For someone else, is this a theoretical question? Why do we need to know is important to consider. Is the person is your student? If they are not your student, why do you need to know? Just nosy? Are they asking advice? These all change how one would approach the issue. If you truly need to know, simply go into a qigong state of mind and ask yes or no, is this person practicing correctly? Yes or no is harder for our small minds to get in the way of the divine answers. But it still happens. You could also feel how their energy is flowing, and if it feels correct, and they look relaxed, it's probably good.

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Originally posted by Anton S. View Post
                    It´s simple: he / she will get the respective results and radiate vitality and health.

With best regards,
                    Anton.
                    Thank you Anton Sijat for your answer. I totally agree with you.

Originally posted by Alex McLeod View Post
                    Are we talking about ourself as the practitioner here, or someone else? For ourselves, as long as there are no signs of deviations or excess energy, I wouldn't worry about it.

For someone else, is this a theoretical question? Why do we need to know is important to consider. Is the person is your student? If they are not your student, why do you need to know? Just nosy? Are they asking advice? These all change how one would approach the issue. If you truly need to know, simply go into a qigong state of mind and ask yes or no, is this person practicing correctly? Yes or no is harder for our small minds to get in the way of the divine answers. But it still happens. You could also feel how their energy is flowing, and if it feels correct, and they look relaxed, it's probably good.
                    Thanks for your answer and input Alex Sidai.

Regarding to your questions, my question is more in the direction of encouraging discussion so we can all have fun and learn in the process.

For example, why would be useful to know if an opponent that I am sparring with practices genuine Chi Kung?

Knowing if an opponent that I am sparring with practices genuine Chi Kung is certainly a good piece of information that I would like to have. This opponent will have good health, mental clarity and internal force among other things. That will make him a better fighter because he will make better and quicker decisions due to his mental clarity, he will be able to be fast and powerful due to his internal force and he will be relaxed and emotionally stable during combat due to his good health.

Some other goods ways to check if an opponent practices genuine Chi Kung, among the ones already mentioned, can be the "presence of mind", "sparkling eyes", and "being relaxed when sparring and not getting tired after sparring for a long time".

I would love to hear your thoughts on this. What other ways can we test / guess if an opponent has been practicing genuine Chi Kung?

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

[/I]I would love to hear your thoughts on this. What other ways can we test / guess if an opponent has been practicing genuine Chi Kung?
                      Siheng, if you are not limiting yourself to just qigong practitioners, and just want to find out if your opponent is sensitive to energy, you can just radiate a large amount of energy in their general direction. If sensitive, they may become slightly disoriented. If they are used to going into a qi flow, they may do so as you're radiating, so you can take advantage of the momentary opening. XD

Comment

Working...
                      X