Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Usually Access the Forum? - Computer Vs Mobile Vs Tablet

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

I believe that many people now access the Forum via Mobile devices (like a phone or a tablet). Mobile devices are great for many things. Writing an elaborated post is certainly not one of them. This might difficult discussion as writing can be a slow and much less efficient method than using a computer.

I am quite curious in knowing how the Shaolin Wahnam Members and Readers usually access the Forum. Hence, this poll.

Please join this Poll and lets have some fun guessing on why now people might be less inclined in posting in the Forum.

My guess is that people still check the Forum very often by they do it via mobile devices and that might stop them from posting as often as before.

What is your guess? Do you agree?

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi
    Most of the Times I Use a Computer
    87.50%
    Most of the Times I Use a Mobile Phone
    12.50%
    Most of the Times I Use a Tablet
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

That is probably a fair guess. I only check via my phone.

Comment

Very good question indeed. I will be very interested in viewing the poil result. Of course, more than the current 6 votes will be needed to make any sense of it.

AND -- VERY IMPORTANT -- even those who never post should please also vote (it is anonymous) to make the result representative.
      Sifu Andrew Barnett
      Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
      Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
      Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

I want to thank Alex Sidai and Andrew Siheng for contributing to the thread and to all the ones that have voted so far.

This morning I accessed the Forum via mobile phone and I couldn't see the poll feature so far. So I would have one question: Can people using a mobile device see the poll feature and vote?

Santi

Comment

Thanks for pointing this out, Santi. The mobile style has a reduced function set to make the forum more mobile-device friendly and save on mobile data. There is an option there to switch to the full site, which many will use.
          Sifu Andrew Barnett

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)

Comment

No, I cannot see the poll from mobile even when I switch to "desktop". I also am unable to edit my posts for some reason, though this function used to be available on mobile. The main problem with mobile is the inconsistency even from day to day due to constant updates.

Comment

Interesting and strange. Maybe it's time to start thinking about a new software migration .....
              Sifu Andrew Barnett

Comment

Yeah, I'm confident it's Chrome or Android updates messing with what I can see now, because I can see the edit button just after posting again, as was usual. I know the motto is mobile first, but it's hardly the fault of vBulletin that Google and Samsung do rolling updates without checking what gets broken. I've been getting the same inconsistencies with the Facebook desktop mode, so I am sure that the forum software is not to blame. It's just one of those irritating things about web development these days.

Comment

Thanks for that input. The software version we have is potentially the last iteration of the vBulletin 4.x.x series. The next "step" would be to migrate to vBulletin 5.x.x. That would be quite a major undertaking, though, and would also bring its own set of issues.
                  Sifu Andrew Barnett

Comment

The forum seems to work best on the computer, thus I only access it from the desktop, while I access social media platforms mainly from the mobile.
                    Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
                    Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea View Post
                      The forum seems to work best on the computer, thus I only access it from the desktop, while I access social media platforms mainly from the mobile.
                      I totally agree with you Sijatneui. I get the best experience when I access the Forum using a computer. Of course, it is always great to have the mobile version on my phone and check the Forum on the go.

Santi

Comment

These days I generally access via mobile (iphone/chrome) but it's fiddly and I can't post in this method.

If I ever post it's via PC (Mac/Chrome) as I can take time to prepare the post before actually posting it. In the past browser refreshes have blown away previous posts that was in the process of being written but not yet posted, so I have always used a separate editor since then. Lately, my schedule has meant I'm not using the forum with a PC. I want to change that and be more active here as there's so much goodness.
                        With love and Shaolin salute /o

"Your purpose in life is to find your purpose & give your whole heart and soul to it." - Buddha

Gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.

Comment

It seems that computers won this time. I wonder if this is because users on the phone had trouble with the voting.

I want to thank you all for taking the time to vote. It is kindly appreciated.

I do really believe that mobile phones might be discouraging a little bit forum participation. On the other side I also think that mobile phones help users to visit the forum much more often even if it is just for reading.

Any thoughts on this?

Santi

Comment

Working...
                          X