Chi Flow Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chi Flow Question

After 5 year of meditation I took up practicing pushing mountain & lifting the sky for over a year now. I can feel chi surging through my body all day constantly without a thought & it almost feels as if I don't even need breathing exercises or a thought to gather chi during practice is this normal or are mistakes being made?

This is a good result. Don't worry about any breathing exercises or gathering energy for now. The energy flow will take care of you.

Comment

Great to hear but is it actually efficient to rely on a consistent energy flow than performing the basic steps to the exercise which help gather/transfer chi throughout the body beforehand?

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenNoodle View Post
        After 5 year of meditation I took up practicing pushing mountain & lifting the sky for over a year now. I can feel chi surging through my body all day constantly without a thought & it almost feels as if I don't even need breathing exercises or a thought to gather chi during practice is this normal or are mistakes being made?
        Is this normal? Yes, no, yes and no, or neither yes nor no. It all depends on perspective and the definition of "normal".

It is absolutely natural to have chi flowing through the body all the time. After all, without chi flow there is no life. Most people, however, will not feel this flow -- at least not all of the time. When practicing Chi Kung, the chi flow is enhanced. This is the time when most will feel/experience this flow. BTW, some people will never feel this even though they think they are practicing correctly. Others who are practicing correctly may also not feel this flow -- neither at the internal nor external level.

With a high level of awareness, it is quite possible (normal?) to feel this flow constantly. I doubt this is true in your case, though. I would assume (please let me know if my assumption is inaccurate) that anytime you "look" for the flow, you find and feel it. When placing your focus elsewhere, you may occasionally feel the flow.

Then there is the factor of relative feeling. When I first learnt Chi Kung, I felt lots of flow most of the time. Then, after some time of dedicated practice, I felt nothing at all. Why? Because I had become used to the feeling. Only when I made a next step or break-through (or, in other words, when I was ready) did I feel this flow again. I never made the "effort" to search for it, though.

On to "gathering chi", as you put it. No, you don't need breathing exercises to achieve this. You don't even need to perform a Chi Kung exercise! So why do either (or both)? It is to enhance the flow and its results.

Whilst it sounds like you are doing well, I would still recommend getting some personal instruction. You are very lucky being in New York as you have not just one, but two certified Shaolin Wahnam Instructors nearby. I would suggest you contact one of them and have your practice checked and then see where that takes you.
        Sifu Andrew Barnett
        Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
        Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
        Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Your assumption is correct although I don't have to actually look for a flow at this point I can feel it internally & externally all around my body to where it feels like even the space around me is a flow of its own I can draw in, which is maybe a result of continuous practice of pushing mountain.

Usually when I'm not focusing I can feel the flow & it gets (Weaker/Stronger) throughout most of the day but I prefer to suppress it as it's distracting.

Once again thanks for the advice I will continue to practice by the book to reap better results.

Comment

Working...
          X