Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking Paella the Shaolin Wahnam Way

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Paella is one of the most typical recipes from Spain. I want to show you how it is cooked in a very special way: The Shaolin Wahnam Way.

As Sifu loves food from Spain very much I would like to dedicate this video to Sifu for all the years that he has generously come to Spain.

Please enjoy:

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Dear Santi,

You are so creative and so funny LOL!

What a great video and I love the Shaolin Wahnam Logo!

Sifu said he would miss the Lobster rice in Madrid! Spanish food is so tasty and delicious.

When you are in Ireland next time you will have to cook Paella for us

Many Blessings,
    Sije
    Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
    GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
    ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
    THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Rumbling stomach

This made me both happy and hungry!

Thanks for creating this Sisook.

WSS,
      Peter Clayton
      Shaolin Wahnam Ireland
      "Though one man may conquer in battle a thousand men a thousand times over, it is he who conquers himself that is the greatest of conquerors". - Dhammapada.

Comment

Originally posted by Joan View Post
        Dear Santi,

You are so creative and so funny LOL!

What a great video and I love the Shaolin Wahnam Logo!

Sifu said he would miss the Lobster rice in Madrid! Spanish food is so tasty and delicious.

When you are in Ireland next time you will have to cook Paella for us

Many Blessings,
        Sije
        Thank you Sije for your kind words. Much appreciated.

I agree with Sifu about the Lobster rice. Tried it last week when I was in Madrid. Manuel Siheng and Laura Sije took us to that restaurant. It is truly delicious.

Yes, next time I can cook a Paella for all of you! Glad to share some of the Spanish cuisine with my beloved family. :-)

Originally posted by Peter Clayton View Post
        This made me both happy and hungry!

Thanks for creating this Sisook.

WSS,
        Thanks Sijat for your kind words. I am glad that you liked it. :-)

Santi

Comment

Brilliant stuff Santi! Paella is one of the best foods I have ever tasted, I love it! Problem is I'm hungry and jealous now, as I can't get a paella like this where I live, especially not with the logo

Comment

I found a 'paella' recipe in a magazine attached to a sunday newspaper once, by the chef Jamie Oliver. I kept that magazine article for years beside my cookbooks, and made that paella quite a few times, and it was one of the best things I have ever been able to cook, maybe the best. But the last time I went to make it I couldn't find it, and I have searched online for a recipe which looks the same, even from Jamie Oliver, but I can't find it! Nor can I find one that looks similar or as good!

However I did discover a lot of articles that said Jamie Oliver's paella is not actually real paella anyway because his recipe contains chorizo sausage and this is not authentic they say?

I think I need a cooking scholar project

Comment

Originally posted by drunken boxer View Post
              Brilliant stuff Santi! Paella is one of the best foods I have ever tasted, I love it! Problem is I'm hungry and jealous now, as I can't get a paella like this where I live, especially not with the logo
              Thanks a lot for your kind words dear Siheng. I also love paella and, of course, if it is done the Shaolin Way, it is certainly delicious!

Originally posted by drunken boxer View Post
              I found a 'paella' recipe in a magazine attached to a sunday newspaper once, by the chef Jamie Oliver. I kept that magazine article for years beside my cookbooks, and made that paella quite a few times, and it was one of the best things I have ever been able to cook, maybe the best. But the last time I went to make it I couldn't find it, and I have searched online for a recipe which looks the same, even from Jamie Oliver, but I can't find it! Nor can I find one that looks similar or as good!

However I did discover a lot of articles that said Jamie Oliver's paella is not actually real paella anyway because his recipe contains chorizo sausage and this is not authentic they say?

I think I need a cooking scholar project
              The truth about paella is that every family will have its own special recipe. It is said that Paella was born in the mediterranean region of Valencia but people from other regions will then argue about it! It is one of those things that will be quite difficult to track its origins.

Also, there are vegetarian paellas, seafood paellas, mixed paellas (including meat, seafood and vegetables). Easily, it comes to my mind at least 20 different ways of cooking paellas.

As a funny story, when I was living in Dublin, there was a street market serving paella. It was a very popular stand and had a big queue. So, I decided to try it. I was very surprised to discover Chorizo in my Paella! This is something that you wouldn't find in a Spanish Paella but British and Irish people seem to love it.

As Sifu always mentions, "Kung Fu is alive". So, why not having an English Paella having some Chorizo in it and provide some innovation?

I must admit that I certainly enjoyed it very much.

Santi

Comment

Dear Santi,

Just watched the video. It's great and very funny. I suppose there's Kungfu practice needed for this, but it is also a good motivation for Chi kung practice

Yours,
                Katherin

Comment

Originally posted by sancrica View Post
                  As a funny story, when I was living in Dublin, there was a street market serving paella. It was a very popular stand and had a big queue. So, I decided to try it. I was very surprised to discover Chorizo in my Paella! This is something that you wouldn't find in a Spanish Paella but British and Irish people seem to love it.

As Sifu always mentions, "Kung Fu is alive". So, why not having an English Paella having some Chorizo in it and provide some innovation?

I must admit that I certainly enjoyed it very much.
                  Ha ha, great Santi!

I am sure the nicest paella is the authentic type, I guess it is only for amateur cooks like me that adding chorizo might add to the flavour. I must admit I used to eat it regularly from those street markets too, I loved it! But someday I would like to go to Spain and eat the real paella!

I am so going to scour the internet for a paella recipe this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                  X