Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long-time Chi Kung, still no Tinnitus repair

Hey there brothers & sisters,

Shaolin Wahnam has been a wonder for my life, boosting my energy and filling my soul.

I began Chi Kung in the school a few years ago, and learned about how Chi Kung and Heavenly Drums can cure the "incurable" scourge, tinnitus. I've regularly done Chi Kung sets from the 18 Lohan Hands- Lifting the Sky and Carrying the Moon almost daily.

Yet this ringing persists!

Generally, I'm illness free, but I do seem to be caught up in back-and-forth cycles of depression that I carried from childhood. Moreover, I've also had another, annoying problem that won't seem to cure - hemorrhoids. I have sought advice from my Sifu and Sikung regarding the Depression, but these "smaller" illnesses seemed to petty to bother them about.

Why is it these won't "cure"? How is it that I can feel the energy move me, adjust & straighten my spine, fill me with energy... but not handle these rather mundane matters?

I'd love y'all's advice.

Thanks in advance,
    Abram
    Last edited by AbramGrae; 1 March 2018, 04:38 AM.

Chi Kung CAN cure anything in theory. In practice, though, it is not always straightforward.

As you know, the chi will flow to clear / cure the most immediate and severe problems first --- even though many of them may be unknown to the practitioner. The practitioner is often focused on a particular issue and thus misses this. A case I often relate is about a woman who learnt Chi Kung from me many years ago, mainly to relieve back pain. After 6 months she contacted me and told me she was going to stop practicing as Chi Kung didn't work.

I was a bit surprised. This is how the conversation (paraphrased) went:
    Me: Are you practicing regularly?
    Woman: Yes, of course
    Me: Are you practicing correctly?
    Woman: I am practicing as you taught me
    Me: And you haven't received any benefits?
    Woman: No, my back still hurts
    Me: What about the insomnia?
    Woman: That's gone
    Me: What about the migraines?
    Woman: They're gone
    Me: What about the menstrual issues?
    Woman: They're gone. But my back still hurts, so the Chi Kung doesn't work
    Me: LOL

So that's one part of the equation. There are other parts too. One key issue is: is the (external) root cause still there? If so, it becomes a fight between the external causative factor and the Chi Kung clearing it. That, therefore, would be something to investigate.

For example:
    Tinnitus is often caused by energy blockage in the knees or kidney region. Check what you are doing with your knees and check your fluid exchange (drinking / urination).
    Depression is often caused by the state of mind of those around you. Check your immediate surroundings (people) and how they influence your thought patterns.
    Hemorrhoids are often caused by eating foods to which you are mildly intolerant. Check for intolerance (even thought these would disappear in time with regular practice).

Another part of the equation: What is the focus of your training? Is it, for example, cleansing, building, nourishing? Is your practice conducive to clearing the blockages or are you focusing on something else?

Yet another part: How much energy are you putting into keeping the issues? By focusing on the issue rather than on the non-issue, you are giving it energy. That also needs to be cleared. For example, just giving the symptoms you experience the name "depression" means you accept, at least at a subconscious level, the "fact" that you have what the "global consciousness" considers depression to be. You are giving it all so much energy (and it is receiving so much energy from the global belief patterns) by having this thought/focus. If you want to hear about an example of such an issue, see the testimonial video on Vimeo for my QEA session with Joe.
    Sifu Andrew Barnett
    Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
    Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
    Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks Andrew -

You provided a multi-pronged answer that's quite helpful, which I'll try to summarize.

(1) Perhaps Chi is working on other things
      (2) Perhaps the external sources are still in my environment
      (3) Perhaps my practice is ill-suited for this specific of healing
      (4) Perhaps I'm too attached to these conditions

For each point, I thought of numerous personal examples supporting your statement, so I do not doubt this is true.

That said, I found your reference to Joe's testimonial particularly insightful. It showed a clear insight w.r.t. attachment... There's a difference between intellectually knowing something, like letting go of such attachment, and having a insightful knowing of this.

Thank you, Sincerely.

Comment

Have you tried simply asking your body to please turn down the noise in your ears?

Just a gentle, relaxed request, perhaps as you are wrapping up your qigong practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex McLeod View Post
          Have you tried simply asking your body to please turn down the noise in your ears?
          I think that this and Andrew's feedback will help. I'll try for a week and get back to y'all.

Thanks for the support.

Comment

Working...
          X