Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most amazing coincidence - meeting the descendant of Sifu's siheng, Wong Choy Wah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most amazing coincidence - meeting the descendant of Sifu's siheng, Wong Choy Wah

Dear family

It is late now but I just finished writing to Sifu and would like to tell you all about an amazing coincidence. I have become friends with a group of martial artists in Singapore who come from all different backgrounds - I am one of the few who is trained in classical Chinese martial arts. One of them is a close quarters combat expert and this evening he was talking about his grandfather who used to run a kungfu school in Penang. Immediately, I was alert even though he was talking to someone else. Then he said his grandfather taught Hoong Ka, and my interest was further piqued. I asked for the name of his grandfather, and when he said "Wong Choy Wah", I recalled this name being mentioned in Sifu's autobiography and website. After a few seconds, I placed the name as Sifu's siheng in Uncle Righteousness's school. We were both ultra-excited at how small the world is. Mind you, this guy never has never learnt any Shaolin kungfu at all, much less Hoong Ka (his grandfather did not pass down the art to his family).

Then when I told Sifu, he informed me that he had just posted photos of his old classmates on the website, because Dimitri had found some old photos. And there on the website is his Siheng, Master Wong Choy Wah's name and picture! I just can't believe it (but by now, I should be accustomed to such fantastic incidents).
    Last edited by Zhang Wuji; 7 February 2018, 04:27 PM.
    百德以孝为先
    Persevere in correct practice

That is fantastic!! Thank you for sharing! I'm going to go look for the pictures!

-Matt

Comment

Great stuff! Love the pictures; I've attached them here:

soon-tuck01.jpg
      soon-tuck02.jpg

Best wishes,
      Markus Kahila
      Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Wow

Comment