Quotes from Sifu (Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Please find below another inspiring quote from Sifu regarding kungfu learning:

"Kungfu necessitates some very noble, knightly moral code. Among other things, three qualities, I believe, a student will automatically acquire in his long process of kungfu learning -- patience, insight and calmness. These qualities are pre-requisites of good kungfu: He needs patience to develop his techniques and force; insight to understanding the working of kungfu principles; and calmness to pin-point his opponents' movements in free sparring. These qualities automatically help a person to be sober and composed even in a tensed situation". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
    Kungfu Training.jpg

Picture Source

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Please find below todays quote from another beautiful and inspiring answer from Sifu:

"A healer is like a father to his patients. If his children were sick, he would give the same kind of treatment to his children as he would to other patients. He must never threat his patients as guinea pigs. When he takes up the case of a patient, he must have full confidence that he can help the patient recover, otherwise he must ask the patient to see someone more capable". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
      Courage and Confidence in Healing.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below for today another quote that I love from Sifu:

"In kungfu performance, we pay attention to six harmonies, which refer to harmonies of feet, hands, body, elegance, energy and mind. Those who had attended my Intensive Shaolin Kungfu Course would have heard me saying, “Don’t perform Opium Smoker Reaching for Pipe. Perform Black Tiger Steals Heart”. Even if your form is correct, i.e. you have harmonies of feet, hands and body, but you lack elegance, or have no force, or is absent-minded, your Black Tiger Steals Heart would become Opium Smoker Reaching for Pipe.

The six harmonies are more important in our daily life. No matter what we do, even simple, prosaic everyday things, we perform their outward form correctly, i.e. we have harmonies of feet, hands and body, and we are elegant in action, energetic in purpose, and have presence of mind. Other martial arts may not give us these benefits. Kungfu is superior to other martial arts". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source

Six Harmonies.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another beautiful and inspiring quote from Sifu:

"Many problems or misunderstanding arise because of confusion between facts and opinions . Logically, if you can differentiate between facts and opinions, you will be able to avoid or overcome many of these problems and misunderstanding.

What is even more important is that often opinion, or perception, is more influential than fact, or reality, in shaping our future. This does not mean we can ignore facts, but we must realize that a person's perception of reality rather than the reality itself is more potent in determining the outcome of an event. Failure to appreciate this often results in problems and misunderstandings which can be avoided or overcome if we have clear perception". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
          Perception Is Often More Importan Than Reality.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another beautiful quote from Sifu:

"We are quite clear about our aims and objectives. For most of us, we choose the scholar-warrior ideal. For those of us who are more advanced in our training, we aspire to be warrior-monks. We do not really go to war to be warriors or shave our heads to be monks. We aspire to their ideals, such as the clarity of thought and intellectual depth of a scholar, the courage and righteousness of a warrior, and the compassion and cosmic wisdom of a monk.

Actually all of us are warriors. If you compete in sport, work in a profession, or engage in business, you are a warrior. But we do not want to be a crude warrior, like one who is proud of a scar received from a football match, stabs his colleagues on their back, or drives his competitors to bankruptcy. We want to be a scholar-warrior or a warrior-monk, someone who not only excels in his profession or business, but also is a wonderful husband, father and friend, someone who is successful in life as well as compassionate and wise.

And we are no day-dreamers. We set our vision, and we find direction to our destination. We know the journey involves hard work, but we are confident we can accomplish our task. We know our chi kung, Shaolin Kungfu or Wahnam Taijiquan training will give us the mental clarity and internal force besides courage and determination needed for our journey, and we use our Ten Shaolin Laws to guide us in our daily conduct". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source

Aims and Objectives.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another inspiring quote from Sifu:

"The main character trait for a Shaolin practitioner to have to take his art to the highest level is gratitude. This may be a surprise to some people who may think it is determination or intelligence or something else, but from my many years of experience both as a student and a teacher, it is gratitude. In fact, gratitude is needed at all levels". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
              Gratitude.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another inspiring quote from Sifu that I personally treasure dearly:

"My sifu said, “A person may make sure no one knows what evil deed he does. He thinks no one knows, but he is mistaken because there are countless beings just above his head. Even if he could cheat these countless divine beings, he cannot cheat his own conscience.”

“There are three steps of being righteous,” my sifu continued. “First, you must be righteous to other people. Second, you must be righteous to heaven and earth. Third, you must be righteous in your own conscience.”" - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
                Three Steps of Being Righteous.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another wonderful quote from Sifu:

"It is so evident that without aims and objectives much of the learning or training is usually unfruitful, that mentioning this fact may become trite. Yet, most people practice chi kung or kungfu without set aims and objectives! Try asking some practitioners why do they practice chi kung or kungfu, and many of them will start searching for their aims or objectives after, not before, they have heard your question. Even if they have prior aims and objectives, often they are merely fashionable slogans, rather than real definitions to remind them of the direction of their training". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
                  Aims and Objectives.jpg

Image Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another quote from Sifu that I find greatly inspiring and helpful:

"Clear the mind of all thoughts. Define the problem with a clear mind. Once the problem is defined, solutions will appear. Translate the solutions you see in your clear mind as practical actions, not as philosophical issues". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
                    Solutions Will Appear.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another inspiring answer from Sifu related to problem solving:

"Knowing a problem is the first, important step. The next step is to act on improving the relationship.

If you choose a good step, the improvement is fast. If you choose a poor step, the improvement is slow.

Even if you had chosen a poor step, there will still be improvement. It is certainly better than merely thinking about the problem but never acting on it.

A good step is to employ the three factors of karma taught by the Buddha, namely thought, speech and action. Always have good thoughts about your parents and siblings, speak to and about them in a positive way, and perform actions that will improve your relationships. You will be surprised how fast the relationships will improve". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source

Santi

Comment

For todays quote, I share another beautiful problem solving answer from Sifu:

"What you need is some time and effort to work on your remedies and the problems will be overcome as a matter of course. Our chi kung training gives us the mental clarity and a lot of energy to perform the remedies well.

The same principles apply to countless people who remain miserable because of their problems.

They remain miserable because of the following three reasons:

1. They do not have solutions to their problems.
                        2. They do not believe the solutions will solve their problems.
                        3. They do not have the abilities to carry out the solutions.

If they can overcome the above three fators, they will find their problems are actually opportunities for improvement". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
                        The Problems Will Be Overcome.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another inspiring quote from Sifu that I particularly love:

"There is a kungfu saying that learning constitutes only 5%, 95% of the time is involved in practice. In other words, to be successful in kungfu training, which also applies to chi kung training, you have to practice, practice and practice, not learn, learn and learn.

Practice here means right practice. If one practices wrongly, which unfortunately happens to most martial artists today, he will not be successful in his kungfu training. Why do I say that today most martial artists practice wrongly? An excellent way to access whether one’s practice is correct is to find out whether his result is the same as what the practice is meant to give. Most martial artists today do not have the effects of practicing their martial arts, which are good health and being able to defend themselves with their arts.

We can also say that preparation is 95% of success, only 5% is implementation. Many people are kind to say that my courses are very successful. My criterion for the success of my courses is how well students benefit from the courses. Teaching the courses is the implementation. All my training as a student, as well the benefits and the teaching methodology I intend the students to get from the courses, constitute the preparation. In other words, I do not just walk into a class to teach; I prepare myself well.

This is the same as our scholar-warrior concept. We do not engage in free sparring and hope to win. We have already won when we engage ourselves in free sparring. The free sparring is just to confirm our victory. To have such success, we must prepare ourselves well". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
                          Preparation is 95% of Success.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another inspiring quote from Sifu:

"Our training has made me and those in our school very optimistic. Not only we wholesomely enjoy the present, we forgive the wrongs that others may have done to us in the past and look towards the future with hopes and aspirations. If we feel we have wronged ourselves, we forgive ourselves.

It is not that we are irresponsible with our past, licentious with our present or uncaring with our future. In fact we hold high moral values, as guided by our Ten Shaolin Laws, and cultivate spiritually every time we train, and we train conscientiously every day". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
                            Being Optimistic.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another beautiful and inspiring quote from Sifu:

"The depth of Shaolin wisdom is bewildering, and is hard for some martial artists to comprehend or believe. At the relatively lower mundane level, Shaolin philosophy explains how we are responsible for our own lives, and why the phenomenal world is a creation of mind.

At the highest level in Zen, its wisdom surpasses the intellect, for its accomplishment depends not on verbalization and speculation but on direct experience, and the highest attainment is the direct experience of enlightenment, called variously by different people because of historical, linguistic, cultural and other differences, such as return to God or unity with the Great Void". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote source and further reading
                              Shaolin Kung Fu.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another quote that I love from Sifu:

"My realizations about living a healthy, happy and meaningful life may be a surprise to many people, but they lead to my being healthy, happy and meaningful.

The first realization is to let others, including those close to you, to lead their own life. If you don’t follow or accept this realization, it will lead to you becoming less healthy, less happy and less meaningful even thought it may not make you sick, sad or meaningless.

A good example is our having benefited much from our practice in our school that we want to share our practice with those we love. You may, for example, want your wife (or husband) and children to practice our Shaolin Wahnam arts. If they do not want to, then let them live their life the way they want. It is their life, and we have no right to dictate to them to live their life the way we want.

This realization has changed the way I approach my everyday life. I may tell them the wonderful benefits of our Shaolin Wahnam arts, but if they do not want these benefits, I am not going to insist or waste my time. I rather spend time with deserving students". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source and Further Reading
                                Living a Healthy, Happy and Successful Life .jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Working...
                                X