No announcement yet.

Quotes from Sifu (Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember from Sigung's auto biography, where some of his senior students asked him what the best advice would be, he could give them:
    Enjoy life wholesomely.
    Last course in Frankfurt Sigung was unsure about the routine of the set. The next day he entered the room waving his iPad in the air smilingly and said: Don't worry, I got my iPad!

Comment

Dear Franz,

We were on a road trip with Sifu driving up to the beautiful Cliffs of Moher in County Clare. Peter, Dominic and Maria were also with us. As we were driving along I asked Sifu if he would kindly give us all (I meant each in turn) advice for our life ahead.

Sifu thought for a little while as we all waited with baited breath to see who Sifu would begin with first!

Then Sifu happily announced:

'Enjoy Life Wholesomely'!

obviously meaning all of us.

It was very profound and we all immediately relaxed as we had become very caught up in asking Sifu questions instead of enjoying the road trip. The same day it was like Narnia...........everything was snow white with a heavy frost all along the way. We didn't see much at the Cliffs of Moher as it was too foggy so Sifu asked if we could go to Galway. Oh my Goodness, we arrived into Galway bay at sunset. It was the most stunning sunset I have ever seen.

It was a very blessed journey and we are deeply grateful to Sifu for those wonderful road trips and wisdom.

Many Blessings,
      Joan
      Below are the Cliffs of Moher on another day.
      Attached Files
      Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
      GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
      ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
      THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

One of my favourite quotes from Sifu is

It doesn't matter what your problems are, because chi flow will overcome any problems.

When ever problems arise, I remember this.

Best wishes,

Nessa
        Nessa Kahila
        Shaolin Nordic Finland
        Instructor
        nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Oh, I didn't remember it was you By seeing these pictures I want to go back to Ireland to explore further further..

Comment

If one is having any problems in life, including difficulties healing with Chi Kung, this quote is very relevant.

I would like to share with you a great cosmic truth. What you are and will be, is what you think. If one constantly thinks of himself as being sick and unhappy, he will be sick and unhappy. It is very important that you must always have noble thoughts - of yourself and of others. And especially when your mind has become powerful, you must always use it for good.
            — Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit
            Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

Feel how wonderful is to be alive!

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

I want to thank Sije for starting this wonderful thread. I want to also thank all the participants of it for contributing and sharing the always inspiring Sifu's words.

I would like to share for todays post an inspiring quote related to parents. I am sure that many of you have heard it before:

"The Buddha teaches that even when someone carries his invalid father or mother on his back and takes him or her about everyday for 500 lifetimes, he has not repaid the debt he owes to his parents. What a blessing you have when your father is still healthy. Your relationship with your father should be such that when the time comes for him to leave this phenomenal world, you can with satisfaction say to yourself that you have been kind to your father". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit
                Quote Source can be found here.

Parents.jpg
                Picture Source

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Here goes another quote from Sifu that I particularly love:

When we smile from the heart, our heart opens, our energy blossoms out from our heart and flows all over our body, and our spirit is set free. This results in good health, vitality and spiritual joy like being free and happy". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit
                  From "The Way of the Master" page 779.

Smile from the Heart.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Energy

Thank you Sije Joan for starting this wonderful thread.

One of my favourite quotes from Sifu is one that I heard from him on my first day in the Shaolin Waham school in Doublin.

I do not remember the hotel name, but it was a large room and there were many people in the course. I observed how miserable some of them looked like while sitting around and waiting for the course to begin. I also observed that every time when Sifu entered the room ALL of them straightened up their backs, became more radiant and happy looking. Their breathing became deepter and flowing. I was amazed. So I run after Sifu in the second break and I asked him.
                    "Sifu, how do you do it? You are alone and in this room are so many people and you give all of them energy and your energy level does not decrease."
                    He answered with a smile from the heart
                    "This is a very peculiar question Irene, there is plenty of energy in the universe, and it is free."
                    .•´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`°irene°´¯`•.¸¸. ´¯`•.

---------------------------------------
                    “I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.”
                    Hafiz

Comment

Here goes another beautiful and inspiring quote from Sifu:

"To be gently mindful of the present, which is an important taspect of Zen training, brings us a lot of benefits. Instead of lamenting over the past or worrying about the future, we live our present as best as we can, wholesomely enjoying every moment of it.

This does not mean we do not care about our past or future, we just do not lament or worry over them. If you release that you have done something wrong in the past, which can be manifested in the present, correct the mistake if you can and don’t repeat it. If you are doubtful about your future, which can also be manifested in the present, make appropriate changes in the present so that your future will unfold the way you would like it to be, taking care that whatever you do will not bring any harm to yourself and others". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Being Mindful of the Present.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below todays quote:

"With power comes responsibility. When we have such powers, it is very important that we must have high moral values. We just believe it is the right thing to do to have high moral values when we are powerful. But even if we leave aside righteousness, it is still to the benefit and interest of those who are powerful to have high moral values, and to be responsible for their power. This is because goodness always bring goodness, and evil always bring evil. The law of karma is inevitable". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Law of Karma.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another inspiring quote from Sifu regarding problem solving:

"Many people are tormented by problems. They could not find solutions to their problems because often they do not really know what the problems are, or they philosophize on their problems instead of taking practical actions to solve them...""...Solving problems calls for practical action. No amount of philosophizing, no matter how beautiful the philosophy may be, can solve it". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Problem Solving.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another quote from Sifu that I find particularly inspiring:

"To help you to practice the 18 Lohan Hands or any chi kung in our school correctly, i.e. to generate an energy flow from the chi kung exercise you perform, just follow the following three golden rules:

Don't worry.
                            Don't Intellectualize.
                            Enjoy your practice.

These three golden rules will answer most, if not all, technical questions you may have concerning your practice, like which exercise should you choose to practice, should you breath into your chest or your abdomen, can you drink coffee after your practice. Just don’t worry about the questions, don’t intellectualize what the correct answers should be, and enjoy your practice which should result in an energy flow". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
                            3 Golden Rules.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another fantastic quote from Sifu:

"Remember that kungfu is to enrich your life, not to enslave yourself to it. If you practise kungfu the whole day and have little time for your friends, little time for your parents, little time for your work, and little time for anything else, then you have become a slave to kungfu". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
                              Kungfu is to Enrich Your Life.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

I particularly love this quote from Sifu on problem solving:

With mental clarity one can solve problems readily. It is very important to define the problem before attempting to solve it.

Whether a possible solution to a problem is bad, average or good depends on the following criteria:

1. Whether it is effective
                                2. Whether it is beneficial
                                3. Whether it is honorable
                                4. Whether it involves much time
                                5. Whether it involves much effort

Quote Source
                                Problem Solving with Zen.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Working...