Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes from Sifu (Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

My Dear Family,

For 2018 I would like to open a thread on quotes that mean a lot to you from Sifu. It can be from Sifu's books, his Autobiography, Q&A's, courses or over a meal.

I shared one on FB recently and I have been thinking a lot of it since.

Do not ask rhetoric questions that deter you from your goal, just get on with the task that leads you to your goal of overcoming your illness
    Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit taken from http://www.shaolin.org/answers/sp-issues/choice.html

I feel that we often block ourselves in daily life also, not just in overcoming illness, which is why I like this little gem

So............

I invite you all to join the thread with your favourite quote or one that has meaning for you.

Just one quote please with each post and mention where you read it or heard it.

Then it will be easier to read back over them throughout the year. Of course, you can post as often as you like!

Many Blessings and Enjoy!
    Joan
    Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
    GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
    ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
    THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Lovely idea for a thread.

One of my (many) favourites comes from Cosmic Breathing, Small Universe and Big Universe. It is the clarity of the instructions that still strike me each time I hear them:
    Preeesssss ...... Releassssse ...... Expaaaaaand
    Sifu Andrew Barnett
    Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
    Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
    Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Special and mundane simultaneously

Very good . Carry on !
      Damian Kissey
      Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
      www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

We have this thread from a while back that contains many of Sifu's quotes / quotations.
        百德以孝为先
        Persevere in correct practice

Comment

My Dear Family and Virtual Kwoon readers,

Dear Dr. Damian Siheng and Andrew, thank you for your lovely quotes.

Dear Wuji, My apologies, I didn't realise there was a another thread.

Many Blessings,
          Joan

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
          GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
          ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Two quotes from Sigung I like a lot:

When you clear your mind of all thoughts, you don't become a moron, but you can see things clearly and take effective decisions.

Success is made of 5% opportunity and 95% perspiration.
            Andrea
            Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
            Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

One of the reason I daily check Sigungs webpage is a quote section. One of my favourite is:

A good speach is comparatively the same like a miniskirt: it must be long enough to cover the important things and short enough to keep things interessting.
              With Shaolin Salute
              Karol

Comment

Kung Fu is ...........

Something that was obvious but struck a chord at the Essence of Shaolin, as we were all practicing stances Sigung just casually says;

'Kung Fu is an energetic Art'

It occurred to me then the significance physical form and stances.

/O
                James
                Aaahhhhh!

Comment

Enjoy yourself!!
                  Charles David Chalmers
                  Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Its one of the greatest teachings to me:

The Small Universe multiplies events many times.

Have good thoughts, events will turn out well. Have bad thoughts, events will turn out badly.

Always have good thoughts.
                    Thank You Sigung

Comment

This quote I heard from Sifu 15 years ago at a chi kung course has guided me well:

"Anything worth getting in life you have to work hard for it, nothing worth getting in life comes to you on a plate."
                      Thank you Sifu!

Comment

Spiritual Cleansing

My Dear Family,

These are wonderful. Thank you!

Here is one from the Cleansing, Building and Nourishing Q&A when I asked Sifu a question in my first few months of practice. It made a huge impression on me as I didn't even consider such a thing happening.

Spiritually, cleansing removes negative traits like fear and loneliness. Building enables you to have spiritual wisdom and provides you with spiritual strength whereby you may feel you are as powerful as gods! Not many people, of course, believe this, and some may find this concept heretical.
                        This is also a delicate and risky stage where many people fall to their human weakness, such as becoming vain or abusing their spiritual power for evil intensions. Many people, including some of my senior students, fall at this stage. They became arrogant, and thought they were more powerful than their own teachers (who so kindly had led them, often hand in hand and step by step, touch an advanced stage). Here is one important reason why respecting the master is so very important, and it is for the students' interest

Sifu's Q&A's are a treasure!

Happy training,
                        Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                        ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

One of the earliest answers I received from Sifu eight years ago is something I find worthwhile to re-read every so often. We get treasures right at the start of our training; best not to neglect them!

Originally posted by Sifu
                          From thinking that the world is only materialistic to believing there is something spiritual in life is a great achievement. Once you can find spiritual comfort, you will never be lonely again, irrespective of whether you are in a crowded city or on a lonely island.
                          I like making silly videos (including kung fu ones!) every so often on YouTube and taking pictures of weird things on Instagram.

Comment

Dear Frederick,

That is very beautiful and so true!

Originally Posted by Sifu
                            From thinking that the world is only materialistic to believing there is something spiritual in life is a great achievement. Once you can find spiritual comfort, you will never be lonely again, irrespective of whether you are in a crowded city or on a lonely island.
                            Many Blessings,
                            Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                            ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Covering!

My Dear Family,

Here is one from the Valentine's 2018 for posterity.

'You are so focused on hitting, you neglect to cover first. Cover!' Sifu.

Many Blessings and Happy training,
                              Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                              ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X