Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Quotes from Sifu (Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

For today's quote I present you another inspiring one related to problem solving:

"Having a bad solution to a problem is better than not having any solution at all, and be continuously troubled by the problem. It is inspired by the principle frequently advised by successful businessmen that making a bad decision is better than making no decision.

When a person comes up with a solution to a problem, even a bad one, he has started to act on his problem. Even when the solution is bad, it helps him to understand the problem better, and to lead him to define his problem, which in turn can lead to a good solution. If he has no solution, he will be continuously tormented by the problem". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Source Quote
    Finding a Solution.jpg

Picture Source

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

For today's quote I present you another inspiring one on problem solving:

"A bad solution is one that does not solve the problem, or is not viable.

An average solution is one that solves the problem but involves much time and effort, and/or brings little benefits.

A good solution is one that solves the problems, and involves little time and effort, and/or brings a lot of benefits". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
    Bad-Average-Good Solution.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

For today's quote I want to share with you another inspiring answer from Sifu at the 36 strategies Q & A Series:

"All journey starts with the first step. The first step is the vision. The second step is to chart the direction. The third step is walking firmly and briskly to your destination." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
    Reaching Destination.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

For today, I present you another beautiful quote from Sifu:

"ďMind thinks, events materializeĒ is the greatest lessons I have had from my sifu, Sifu Ho Fatt Nam. This teaching has helped me and many other people to have a happy and meaningful life.

This teaching is taught in both ancient wisdom and modern science. The Buddha has taught that the most important factor contributing to karma is thought. In other words what a person thinks will materialize as events.

Modern science teaches the same lesson. When a scientist looks at an electron, where it turns out to be a particle or a wave depends on what he thinks. If he thinks of measuring the electron as a particle, it will always turn out to be a particle. If he thinks of measuring it as a wave, it will always turn out to be a wave.

Thus, in terms of depth, this cosmic truth is taught in both ancient wisdom and modern science. Long before modern science has established itself as a respectable disciple, the Buddha has taught that the phenomenal world is a function of thought. In other words, the world is what we think it is!

Spend a few minutes to reflect on this cosmic truth. The world is what we think it is." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
    Mind Thinks Events Materialize.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

For todays quote I share with you one that always had a great impact in me:

"God is all compassionate. He gives His blessings to everybody. Then, why many people are sick and suffer? Don't blame God. It is they who close themselves and block the blessings of God". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
    God is All Compassionate.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Please find below another beautiful and very inspiring quote from Sifu:

"Once we have developed the habit of keeping our heart open, it will remain open without much effort from us, though it may be close again due to some unforeseen circumstances, like being exposed to prolonged grief and disappointment. But when we sense it is close, we can reopen it again, and keep it open irrespective of the circumstances.

An open heart will enable a person to have a positive outlook in life, which in turn will enable him to view all circumstances positively. As perspective is often more important than reality, having a positive outlook will be a very important factor in making his life happy and meaningful.

He may be in a negative situation, but he still can have a positive perspective of it. His positive perspective may not change his present negative situation but it will much affect how the situation will turn out to be. It can also affect his present emotional, mental and spiritual well-being". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
    Open Heart.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Please find below another inspiring quote from Sifu:

Letting go is simple, but may not be easy. Just do it. Donít worry about how to let go, or which is the best way to let go. Donít intellectualize on the mechanics of letting go, or what would happen if you do not let go. Just let go.

An analogy will be useful. Suppose you are holding a hot potato in your hand. Donít worry about how to let of the hot potato, or which is the best method to let it go. Donít intellectualize on the mechanics of letting go the hot potato, or what would happen if you keep holding it in your hands. Just let go of the hot potato. It is the same as a blockage." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
    Letting Go.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

For today, I share another beautiful and inspiring quote from Sifu:

"The five aspects I believe are most important in contributing to a happy family life are as follows:

1. Get together regularly.
    2. Say truthful things that your family members like to hear.
    3. Let them live their lives.
    4. Support them in times of difficulties.
    5. Encourage them in words and deeds." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
    Happy Family Life.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

I am sure you have heard this one before. Please find below another inspiring quote from Sifu:

"All healing starts from the heart". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
    All Healing Starts From the Heart.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

For today, I share with you another inspiring quote from Sifu regarding decision making:

"A main reason why people dare not make decisions is because they lack courage. They lack courage to make decisions. They also lack courage to face their decisions. Further, they lack courage if they made a wrong decision. Chi kung training will overcome this lack of courage and give them confidence. The progress is intrinsic, i.e. they will overcome their cowardice and gain confidence as a direct result of practicing chi kung, and not due to external factors like their instructors telling them the importance of making decisions". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
    Courage in Making Decisions.jpg

Picture Source

Santi