Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quotes from Sifu (Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

This quote I heard from Sifu 15 years ago at a chi kung course has guided me well:

"Anything worth getting in life you have to work hard for it, nothing worth getting in life comes to you on a plate."
    Thank you Sifu!
    You should not only aim at the destination but also enjoy the journey. You should not just celebrate the achievement but also cherish the effort.
    - Sifu

Joan is offline Sifu Joan Browne - Chief Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Ireland

Spiritual Cleansing

My Dear Family,

These are wonderful. Thank you!

Here is one from the Cleansing, Building and Nourishing Q&A when I asked Sifu a question in my first few months of practice. It made a huge impression on me as I didn't even consider such a thing happening.

http://www.shaolin.org/answers/sp-issues/joan.html

Spiritually, cleansing removes negative traits like fear and loneliness. Building enables you to have spiritual wisdom and provides you with spiritual strength whereby you may feel you are as powerful as gods! Not many people, of course, believe this, and some may find this concept heretical.
    This is also a delicate and risky stage where many people fall to their human weakness, such as becoming vain or abusing their spiritual power for evil intensions. Many people, including some of my senior students, fall at this stage. They became arrogant, and thought they were more powerful than their own teachers (who so kindly had led them, often hand in hand and step by step, touch an advanced stage). Here is one important reason why respecting the master is so very important, and it is for the students' interest

Sifu's Q&A's are a treasure!

Happy training,
    Joan
    Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2018 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

A magic week of Chi Kung, Internal Force and Shaolin Kungfu
    Generating Energy Flow
    18 Lohan Arts
    Internal Force
    The Shaolin Pakua set- transmitted to Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit by his Sifu -Ho Fatt Nam .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

One of the earliest answers I received from Sifu eight years ago is something I find worthwhile to re-read every so often. We get treasures right at the start of our training; best not to neglect them!

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu
    From thinking that the world is only materialistic to believing there is something spiritual in life is a great achievement. Once you can find spiritual comfort, you will never be lonely again, irrespective of whether you are in a crowded city or on a lonely island.
    I like making silly videos (including kung fu ones!) every so often on YouTube and taking pictures of weird things on Instagram.