Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Quotes from Sifu (Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Please find below another inspiring quote from Sifu:

"The main character trait for a Shaolin practitioner to have to take his art to the highest level is gratitude. This may be a surprise to some people who may think it is determination or intelligence or something else, but from my many years of experience both as a student and a teacher, it is gratitude. In fact, gratitude is needed at all levels". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
    Gratitude.jpg

Picture Source

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Please find below another inspiring quote from Sifu that I personally treasure dearly:

"My sifu said, “A person may make sure no one knows what evil deed he does. He thinks no one knows, but he is mistaken because there are countless beings just above his head. Even if he could cheat these countless divine beings, he cannot cheat his own conscience.”

“There are three steps of being righteous,” my sifu continued. “First, you must be righteous to other people. Second, you must be righteous to heaven and earth. Third, you must be righteous in your own conscience.”" - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
    Three Steps of Being Righteous.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Please find below another wonderful quote from Sifu:

"It is so evident that without aims and objectives much of the learning or training is usually unfruitful, that mentioning this fact may become trite. Yet, most people practice chi kung or kungfu without set aims and objectives! Try asking some practitioners why do they practice chi kung or kungfu, and many of them will start searching for their aims or objectives after, not before, they have heard your question. Even if they have prior aims and objectives, often they are merely fashionable slogans, rather than real definitions to remind them of the direction of their training". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
    Aims and Objectives.jpg

Image Source

Santi

Please find below another quote from Sifu that I find greatly inspiring and helpful:

"Clear the mind of all thoughts. Define the problem with a clear mind. Once the problem is defined, solutions will appear. Translate the solutions you see in your clear mind as practical actions, not as philosophical issues". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
    Solutions Will Appear.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Please find below another inspiring answer from Sifu related to problem solving:

"Knowing a problem is the first, important step. The next step is to act on improving the relationship.

If you choose a good step, the improvement is fast. If you choose a poor step, the improvement is slow.

Even if you had chosen a poor step, there will still be improvement. It is certainly better than merely thinking about the problem but never acting on it.

A good step is to employ the three factors of karma taught by the Buddha, namely thought, speech and action. Always have good thoughts about your parents and siblings, speak to and about them in a positive way, and perform actions that will improve your relationships. You will be surprised how fast the relationships will improve". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source

Santi

For todays quote, I share another beautiful problem solving answer from Sifu:

"What you need is some time and effort to work on your remedies and the problems will be overcome as a matter of course. Our chi kung training gives us the mental clarity and a lot of energy to perform the remedies well.

The same principles apply to countless people who remain miserable because of their problems.

They remain miserable because of the following three reasons:

1. They do not have solutions to their problems.
    2. They do not believe the solutions will solve their problems.
    3. They do not have the abilities to carry out the solutions.

If they can overcome the above three fators, they will find their problems are actually opportunities for improvement". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
    The Problems Will Be Overcome.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Please find below another inspiring quote from Sifu that I particularly love:

"There is a kungfu saying that learning constitutes only 5%, 95% of the time is involved in practice. In other words, to be successful in kungfu training, which also applies to chi kung training, you have to practice, practice and practice, not learn, learn and learn.

Practice here means right practice. If one practices wrongly, which unfortunately happens to most martial artists today, he will not be successful in his kungfu training. Why do I say that today most martial artists practice wrongly? An excellent way to access whether one’s practice is correct is to find out whether his result is the same as what the practice is meant to give. Most martial artists today do not have the effects of practicing their martial arts, which are good health and being able to defend themselves with their arts.

We can also say that preparation is 95% of success, only 5% is implementation. Many people are kind to say that my courses are very successful. My criterion for the success of my courses is how well students benefit from the courses. Teaching the courses is the implementation. All my training as a student, as well the benefits and the teaching methodology I intend the students to get from the courses, constitute the preparation. In other words, I do not just walk into a class to teach; I prepare myself well.

This is the same as our scholar-warrior concept. We do not engage in free sparring and hope to win. We have already won when we engage ourselves in free sparring. The free sparring is just to confirm our victory. To have such success, we must prepare ourselves well". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
    Preparation is 95% of Success.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Please find below another inspiring quote from Sifu:

"Our training has made me and those in our school very optimistic. Not only we wholesomely enjoy the present, we forgive the wrongs that others may have done to us in the past and look towards the future with hopes and aspirations. If we feel we have wronged ourselves, we forgive ourselves.

It is not that we are irresponsible with our past, licentious with our present or uncaring with our future. In fact we hold high moral values, as guided by our Ten Shaolin Laws, and cultivate spiritually every time we train, and we train conscientiously every day". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
    Being Optimistic.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Please find below another beautiful and inspiring quote from Sifu:

"The depth of Shaolin wisdom is bewildering, and is hard for some martial artists to comprehend or believe. At the relatively lower mundane level, Shaolin philosophy explains how we are responsible for our own lives, and why the phenomenal world is a creation of mind.

At the highest level in Zen, its wisdom surpasses the intellect, for its accomplishment depends not on verbalization and speculation but on direct experience, and the highest attainment is the direct experience of enlightenment, called variously by different people because of historical, linguistic, cultural and other differences, such as return to God or unity with the Great Void". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote source and further reading
    Shaolin Kung Fu.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Please find below another quote that I love from Sifu:

"My realizations about living a healthy, happy and meaningful life may be a surprise to many people, but they lead to my being healthy, happy and meaningful.

The first realization is to let others, including those close to you, to lead their own life. If you don’t follow or accept this realization, it will lead to you becoming less healthy, less happy and less meaningful even thought it may not make you sick, sad or meaningless.

A good example is our having benefited much from our practice in our school that we want to share our practice with those we love. You may, for example, want your wife (or husband) and children to practice our Shaolin Wahnam arts. If they do not want to, then let them live their life the way they want. It is their life, and we have no right to dictate to them to live their life the way we want.

This realization has changed the way I approach my everyday life. I may tell them the wonderful benefits of our Shaolin Wahnam arts, but if they do not want these benefits, I am not going to insist or waste my time. I rather spend time with deserving students". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source and Further Reading
    Living a Healthy, Happy and Successful Life .jpg

Picture Source

Santi