Greetings from Uruguay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Uruguay

Best wishes for everybody in this New Year.
    It is an honor for me to post at this forum.
    I am really looking for some advice. I am 63 and have had Parkinson for 6 years.
    I have been practicing Lifting the Sky and Carrying the Moon for 3 or 4 months, almost every day.
    It works, I have much more energy. But there is a catch, I continue having increasing tremors. I am a teacher and it's ruining me.
    I have never met a Sifu or even someone which I knew to practice Chi-Kung, so I may be doing many wrong things. The only reference I have is "The Art of Chi Kung".
    Curiouslly, I think I can feel chi, but I may be wrong. I tried but never got chi-induced movements.
    ¡Happy New Year!

Hola Carlos!
    There are instructors in south america. Just have a look at the list http://shaolin.org/general/instructors-list.html
    Or ask your questions here, there is always a kind soul who knows the right answer.
    Greetings from Austria
    Happy new year too
    Bernhard
    "No matter what you do, you must be clear in your conscience." - Sitaigung Ho
    A single light can eliminate the darkness of millenia.
    Every moment is precious.

Comment

Welcome to our Virtual Kwoon.

Congratulations on your initial success working from Sifu's great book. Now you have had a glimpse of Chi Kung, imagine adding multiple turbo-boosters to that. That is what happens if you receive the transmission of skills from a great Master such as Grandmaster Wong. Parkinson's can be cured once the energy flow has been restored. The level of Chi Kung needed is probably quite a bit higher than what you will achieve on your own.

So, as you probably expected, the best advice is to find and learn from a real Master of these Arts. It will be worth any trouble and expense.
      Sifu Andrew Barnett
      Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
      Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
      Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Dear Mr. Bernhard:
        I really appreciate your interest but according to the list, and Google, the nearest instructor may be 4500 miles away.
        Now I am literally bankrupt, but the way to solve this is to go to an intensive Sifu course.
        I used to have a fall every 15 days on average, living 1 mile from my job. When you fall once a week you may have to use a wheel chair. Then I begin to practice Sifu teachings and now I am living 20 miles or so from my job and I have not had a fall in about 4 months.
        Yesterday, the nightly bus would not stop but 2 miles from my house (some bureacrat is creating problems). By the time a kind family offered to carry me to my home I had walked 1 mile with a very poor illumination along a lane by the side of the route, about 12 inches wide and although I stepped on a few rock fragments I did not fall at all. I won't do it again anyway!
        Yours, Carlos.

Originally posted by Bernhard View Post
        Hola Carlos!
        There are instructors in south america. Just have a look at the list http://shaolin.org/general/instructors-list.html
        Or ask your questions here, there is always a kind soul who knows the right answer.
        Greetings from Austria
        Happy new year too
        Bernhard

Comment

Dear Sifu:
          I fully realize that I do not understand what I am doing and that I am asking much as eliminating tremors is usually considered difficult. I am trying to find a way to solve my finantial problems, which are serious, and if feasible I'll be at an Grandmaster Wong intensive course as soon as possible. Meanwhile Grandmaster Wrong has kept me out of a wheelchair, as you may see in the previous post, even though I have never had the honor to meet him.

Yours, Carlos.

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
          Welcome to our Virtual Kwoon.

Congratulations on your initial success working from Sifu's great book. Now you have had a glimpse of Chi Kung, imagine adding multiple turbo-boosters to that. That is what happens if you receive the transmission of skills from a great Master such as Grandmaster Wong. Parkinson's can be cured once the energy flow has been restored. The level of Chi Kung needed is probably quite a bit higher than what you will achieve on your own.

So, as you probably expected, the best advice is to find and learn from a real Master of these Arts. It will be worth any trouble and expense.

Comment

Welcome and have fun

Best wishes
            Mark

Comment

Hi Carlos,

Welcome to our Forum. I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties, but happy that you are seeing benefits from practicing Chi Kung from our Sifu's book. You seem to have a very positive attitude towards healing. That is very important. I wish you the best of luck on the road to complete recovery. I hope you do get a chance to learn from our marvellous Sifu.

Your Namesake, From Borneo,

Charles
              Charles David Chalmers
              Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Thanks!
                Carlos
                Originally posted by Mark CH View Post
                Welcome and have fun

Best wishes
                Mark

Comment

Hi Charles,
                  it's really wonderful to receive such support from your community.
                  Thanks, Carlos.
                  Originally posted by Charles David View Post
                  Hi Carlos,

Welcome to our Forum. I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties, but happy that you are seeing benefits from practicing Chi Kung from our Sifu's book. You seem to have a very positive attitude towards healing. That is very important. I wish you the best of luck on the road to complete recovery. I hope you do get a chance to learn from our marvellous Sifu.

Your Namesake, From Borneo,

Charles

Comment

Am I mad?

I read a description of Parkinson by an acupuncturist and although there doesn't seem to exist a acupuncture therapy for advanced cases like mine, I was amazed by the explanation (ankle injuries preventing chi flow, even reversing the flow through the stomach meridian).
                    When I read this explanations I laughed for some seconds before remembering what had happened. After many previous work-related ankles injuries and infections I got a big one and 6 months later Parkinson symptoms began. This also explained that, when practicing Carrying the Moon, I never feel any flow through my legs although I sense something flowing through my arms.
                    I'll try harder .
                    Also, an interesting article ( Journal of the American Geriatric Society, 1996, volume 44, pages 489 to 497) claims that Tai Chi reduces falls by 47%. Based upon my experience, I suspect that the real reduction is more like 100% using the proper techniques, without really having to learn Tai Chi. 1996? It has been scientifically tested and accepted for 22 years that you can reduce falls with a simple technique and at least here people is clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos2 View Post
                      I read a description of Parkinson by an acupuncturist and although there doesn't seem to exist a acupuncture therapy for advanced cases like mine, I was amazed by the explanation (ankle injuries preventing chi flow, even reversing the flow through the stomach meridian).
                      Parkinson's disease doesn't exist in the TCM paradigm! The symptoms may be caused by various issues, but it all comes down to "blocked" energy flow. Western diagnoses have little meaning in the Chi Kung (Chinese Medical) paradigm.

Originally posted by Carlos2 View Post
                      When I read this explanations I laughed for some seconds before remembering what had happened. After many previous work-related ankles injuries and infections I got a big one and 6 months later Parkinson symptoms began. This also explained that, when practicing Carrying the Moon, I never feel any flow through my legs although I sense something flowing through my arms.

This is adding 2 and 2 and coming to a result of 5. Like often happens in horoscopes, you read enough of them and you will find something that fits. And suddenly you believe everything that is being said. Parkinson's disease CAN be cured! To do this with Chi Kung, though (as stated in my earlier post) requires a high level. Find a way to learn from a true Master and then your chances are good.
                      Sifu Andrew Barnett

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)

Comment

Apology

I didn't want to imply that Parkinson cannot be cured.
                        I am sure that the only way to learn Chi Kung is from a Sifu.

Best regards,
                        Carlos.

Comment

Dear Carlos, Fortunately I can tell to you that I'm living in Uruguay, Montevideo. Last July I'have participated at the Barcelona's courses of Grandmaster Wong! If you contact me (xxx xxx xxx) I can share with you my experience. I'm not a Sifu (I'm so far yet) but together we can help each other to find a way.
                          Please, contact me!

Regards, Ricardo Silvera

Ps: By respect to the forum's language I've written in english (I'll be better someday).
                          Last edited by Andrew; 28 August 2018, 12:26 PM. Reason: Removed telephone number

Comment

Just a quick admin note: Publishing private contact information such as telephone numbers is not recommended. I have removed this from the previous post. Please share such information privately e.g. using the Private Message system
                            Sifu Andrew Barnett

Comment

Working...
                            X