Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One year of cleansing

One year of cleansing

Hello everyone!

So far I have still been ill. I was in hospital for the last three and a half weeks. The western diagnosis is schizotypal personality disorder. About a week ago I came across Sigungs answer to Joan Sipaks question. http://shaolin.org/answers/sp-issues/joan.html It has given me hope. I realized what to do. I have to cleanse myself if I want to get well. And I can get well. It is nothing new that after cleansing someone is healthy. But what I suddenly realized is that I have to practice flowing techniques, skills, mind sets and chi flows. As far as I have understood the philosophy to reach my aim of being healthy it is better to have more flow and less force or no force during chi kung practice. No force is only theoretical in practice there is always little force.

Last year after the panic attacks I had had I have made the decision to only practice Chi Kung till I am healthy and to restart Kungfu practice after that. Honestly I miss practising Kungfu. To add more fun I can practice Kungfu sets in a flowing manner if it feels right but regular Kungfu class and learning new things I think is not appropriate at the moment.

I am starting this thread because I want to commit myself to practice cleansing exercise for one year and to help myself to reach my goals. Of course I have to walk my talk. I have to practice, practice, practice. No one else can do it for me. And as the Buddha said, no one else should.

What to I want to get rid of ? I want to get rid of pain, agitation, nervousness, negative thoughts and feelings, mental and physical fatigue, doubt, indecisiveness, fear, loneliness, jealousy, envy, obsessive thoughts, stress, wrong views, permanent catchy songs, tinnitus, narrow-mindedness, bad posture and a few things more I don't no the english terms of.

My second aim is to have good thoughts and good feelings all the time. During the last week I could really feel that goodness begets goodness.

If anyone wants to join in or has some comments please feel free to do so. In the future I will post how my journey goes on.

Thank you Sifu, Sigung and everyone of the Shaolin Wahnam Family and thank you past masters.
    kind regards o\
    Bernhard
    "No matter what you do, you must be clear in your conscience." - Sitaigung Ho
    "Goodness begets goodness." - Sigung

Quote Originally Posted by Bernhard View Post
    My second aim is to have good thoughts and good feelings all the time. During the last week I could really feel that goodness begets goodness.
    This is a very admirable aim to have, and if you're sincere about it, I have some advice about it.

The most clear teaching I've found on this specific subject is the newer Abraham-Hicks materials. I will distill the important points here, but I highly suggest listening to the source material if you are fluent enough in English to do so.

Controlling the emotions is not something you should aim to do, because they are simply a response to your thoughts, telling you whether your thoughts are good or not so good.

Instead, when you find yourself in an emotional state you don't want to be in, you focus your mind in a way that is in alignment with who you really are. To that end, the best exercise I've found is to think, say or write down, "I want to feel happy. I want to feel fun. I want to feel clarity. I want to feel excited. I want to feel _____."

Just fill in that statement with emotions that you like, and after about 68 seconds, you will feel really good. Milk it for as long as you can. From there, your job is just to notice when you do not feel good, and focus on the emotions you like again.

By doing this, you will clean up your mental set point, and the qigong can work faster for you, because your mind will not be working against you. It will also help you receive more clear impulses from the Cosmos, transforming occasional good luck to all the time good luck. But most importantly, you will feel better a majority of the time.

Good luck and good energy flow to you,
    Alex

Dear Alex Sipak,
    Thank you very much for your advice and your kind words. :-)

In the past I tried a few things to be more happy and to have good thoughts. Lately what I do is smiling from the heart, open my heart (yes there is a little difference the first is more smiling and the later is more opening chest) and being grateful. Sometimes during the day thoughts occur and then I think 'Hey thank you for that'. Before I go to bed I am grateful for at least three things that happend during the day and usually I can remember more than three things and be grateful for.
    In the morning I ask Guan Yin for strength that I can live the day that way she is proud of me and I also ask for strength and help that I can let go of bad things and replace it with good things. Before I go to bed thank her for giving me strength that i could have lived the day the way she is proud of me and for the strenght and help that i could let go of bad things and replace it with good ones.
    If I have errands I wish everyone a good day. Some people are amazed about it and to not expect it. There were funny situations at the pharmacy.
    Somewhere in the internet I have read that a person should think in the present tense, positive, as precisely as possible and as personal as possible. Maybe my Sifu told me about that. I am not sure. It is called the four Ps. The person who practice it should think about what feeling he (or she) wants and then feel it. For example. 'I am happy.' And then really feel it. Be happy. I think it is a little bit different as your advice. Have you heard of the thing I described? What do you think is better and why?

Kind regards o\
    Bernhard
    Last edited by Bernhard; 23rd December 2017 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernhard View Post
    Lately what I do is smiling from the heart, open my heart (yes there is a little difference the first is more smiling and the later is more opening chest) and being grateful. Sometimes during the day thoughts occur and then I think 'Hey thank you for that'. Before I go to bed I am grateful for at least three things that happend during the day and usually I can remember more than three things and be grateful for.
    In the morning I ask Guan Yin for strength that I can live the day that way she is proud of me and I also ask for strength and help that I can let go of bad things and replace it with good things. Before I go to bed thank her for giving me strength that i could have lived the day the way she is proud of me and for the strenght and help that i could let go of bad things and replace it with good ones.
    If I have errands I wish everyone a good day. Some people are amazed about it and to not expect it. There were funny situations at the pharmacy.
    Somewhere in the internet I have read that a person should think in the present tense, positive, as precisely as possible and as personal as possible. Maybe my Sifu told me about that. I am not sure. It is called the four Ps. The person who practice it should think about what feeling he (or she) wants and then feel it. For example. 'I am happy.' And then really feel it. Be happy. I think it is a little bit different as your advice. Have you heard of the thing I described? What do you think is better and why?
    Well, I think both have their place. The suggestion I made is more about setting the tone of your thoughts for however long it lasts until you accidentally focus in a not so good direction. Good thoughts, no matter what they are, will always bring you more good thoughts and feelings.

Being present in the moment is awesome. Being appreciative is awesome. Feeling loving-kindness is awesome.

I've just found that taking time when I notice unpleasant feelings to state the feelings I like to experience seems to last longer for me. It also makes it easier for a smile from the heart to come forth. For this type of thing, take what works for you, and use it consistently. Consistency is more the key on this type of work than pretty much anything else. I just wanted to give you another very useful tool for your toolbox.

Hi Bernhard,

Sounds like you're moving in a good direction. I'll just mention what I've experienced to be important points:

- Be patient with yourself and with the process. Some imbalances can be rectified quickly, others are more delicate and can take some time.

- Asking Guan Yin and/or God for assistance in your process is excellent; accept the help in whatever form it comes, as it may surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernhard
    What to I want to get rid of ? I want to get rid of pain, agitation, nervousness, negative thoughts and feelings...
    - Following the most basic instructions related to the Shaolin Arts is important at every level of our practice. If your chi kung always follows the guidelines of "don't think of anything, smile from the heart and enjoy your practice," this will certainly be enough to reach your goal. By emptying our mind and smiling from the heart, we allow God/Buddha/Allah/Tao to do the best for us.

Best Wishes!

Andrew
    Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Alex McLeod View Post
    Consistency is more the key on this type of work than pretty much anything else. I just wanted to give you another very useful tool for your toolbox.
    Yes it is. I honestly have to work that I have consistently good thoughts. Thank you for mentioning that and for the tool :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew R View Post
    Hi Bernhard,

Sounds like you're moving in a good direction. I'll just mention what I've experienced to be important points:

- Be patient with yourself and with the process. Some imbalances can be rectified quickly, others are more delicate and can take some time.

- Asking Guan Yin and/or God for assistance in your process is excellent; accept the help in whatever form it comes, as it may surprise you.

- Following the most basic instructions related to the Shaolin Arts is important at every level of our practice. If your chi kung always follows the guidelines of "don't think of anything, smile from the heart and enjoy your practice," this will certainly be enough to reach your goal. By emptying our mind and smiling from the heart, we allow God/Buddha/Allah/Tao to do the best for us.

Best Wishes!

Andrew
    Thank you for mentioning the points Andrew Sipak. I surely have to become more patient. Since the day before yesterday a new tool is showing up. It is simple just 'I can ...'. For example I can be healthy. I can be patient. I can love. And it is very benefical. I think Guan Yin or some divine helpful and good being helped me to have that kind of good thoughts :-)

with kind regards and I wish everyone merry xmas
    o\
    Bernhard

As I am practicing the eight Shaolin eye exercise for about a week now I thought I could grasp the opportunity to practice them for a year too. I also had the experience that physical labor like carrying packages was much easier. :-)
    With love o\
    Bernhard

PS: I have had a few insights and my next post will be about that.

"If you can walk one mile, you can walk a hundred miles." Sitaigung Ho
    You can do it!

Electricity and Chi Flow

Hello everyone :-)

First thank you Fräänz for mentioning Sitaigungs wisdom.

Second as I mentioned in an earlier post I have had a few insights. One insight is about similarities between Chi Flow and electricity.

As I know focus more on flow it dawned on me that electricity has to aspects too. In our training we have force and flow. Electricity has electrical current and electrical voltage. Current and voltage multiplied is electrical power and electrical power is energy per time. I think electrical power can be compared with the intensity of the chi flow. And of course time is a very important factor in our training. For example 10 minutes may not be overtraining but 15 minutes may be, both with the same intensity. There are different kinds of electricity as there are different kinds of exercise with which someone can generate a chi flow. Intensity or how much benefit there is is very important as it is important how much electrical power your electric device gets. Too much electrical power may destroy it. Both chi flow and electricity need a sweet spot.

With love
    o\
    Bernhard

Dear Wahnam Family

A lot of things have happened.
    I redefined my aims. I want to be confident and have a positive perception. I want to get rid of fear and obsessive thoughts. I made two plans. Here is the one about letting go of fear.

Aim and objective
    Get rid of fear
    Get rid of obsessive thoughts
    Get rid of inappropriate sexual thoughts
    Get rid of chronic pain

Method
    Chi Flow and kidney exercise

Till when

How often practice
    daily

Assess progress

Measurability
    Am I confident?
    Are fear and obsessive thoughts gone?
    Is the chronic pain gone?
    Am I more self-confident and braver?
    Do I have normal sexual thoughts?
    Can I better control the sexual urge?

Why?
    I want to be healthy.
    I want to be free of fear, pain and obsessive thoughts.
    I want to be confident.
    I want to have normal sexual thoughts.

Now I have to practice, practice, practice. As you all know this is very important.

Here are a few links that helped me:
    https://www.wongkiewkit.com/forum/sh...olving-Process
    https://www.wongkiewkit.com/forum/sh...amp-Objectives
    https://shaolin.org/general/perception.html

with kind regards o\
    Bernhard