Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kung Fu Training Videos

Gooooood Morning Shaolin Wahnam!

Here is a thread where we can post videos of ourselves practicing to help inspire each other In our Training!

I'll start with a short vid of some spontaneous Lohan flow.

Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Good morning? What kind of crazy time zone do you even live in? Freaking Californians... That said, I like your style! Solid stances, pressing footwork, and a healthy combination of waist rotation as well as shoulder power. Care to share with the audience how you make sure that you are still using the dan tian as the root of your force as opposed to making the common mistake of over-emphasizing the shoulders?

As to my own contribution, here are a few clips I put together from just a few days ago. Hooray for camera phones! Had a little fun reviewing a few pieces of the basic Shaolin syllabus, kicking things around, and Cosmos Palm sequence practice.

Let's see some more from the audience!
    I like making silly videos (including kung fu ones!) every so often on YouTube and taking pictures of weird things on Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by Frederick_Chu View Post
      Good morning? What kind of crazy time zone do you even live in? Freaking Californians... That said, I like your style! Solid stances, pressing footwork, and a healthy combination of waist rotation as well as shoulder power. Care to share with the audience how you make sure that you are still using the dan tian as the root of your force as opposed to making the common mistake of over-emphasizing the shoulders?
      Good Morning Vietnam reference.

Your videos are Cool! Looks like you are very centered in your movements, your balance is very commendable.

As to your question, I think it is important that every movement has a full body connection in the 6 harmonies. Meaning that even when a strike is exploded from the shoulder the force is still coming from the dantian and is being supported by good body structure from the stance up. There shouldn't be any disconnection in the joints, the movement is caused by qi flowing through it's proper form, and the mind is relaxed and focused.

Looking forward to seeing more videos from folks.

Happy training,
      David
      Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

Good stuff David! Really nice flow and connection you have going on there.

You to Frederic, very nice!!

Best regards,
        Tim

Comment

Working...
        X