I did Chi Kung in a forceful manner - Deep intense cleansing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Peacekeeper,

you have already gotten some good advice.

When considering Chi Kung as your main method for healing, it's good to ask some important questions: is the art you are learning genuine? If it is, is the teacher or Master who teaches you good/average/bad?

Shaolin Chi Kung is an excellent art for healing you of your health problems. If it is genuine, and you practice it correctly and daily, you should be able to overcome your problems and stay healthy.
    However, if the chi kung you practice is mainly focused on outward forms and movement, it cannot and will not cure you of your problems.

Genuine chi kung is the art of energy, and energy flow is the most important part of that art. It is the energy flow that will overcome your problems, what ever they may be.

The best choice for you would be to attend our Grandmasters Intensive Chi Kung course in Malaysia. (For more information: www.shaolin.org)
    It gives all the necessary skills for correct practice and ensures the wanted outcome.

Best wishes,

Nessa
    Nessa Kahila
    Shaolin Nordic Finland
    Instructor
    nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nessa View Post
      Dear Peacekeeper,

you have already gotten some good advice.

When considering Chi Kung as your main method for healing, it's good to ask some important questions: is the art you are learning genuine? If it is, is the teacher or Master who teaches you good/average/bad?

Shaolin Chi Kung is an excellent art for healing you of your health problems. If it is genuine, and you practice it correctly and daily, you should be able to overcome your problems and stay healthy.
      However, if the chi kung you practice is mainly focused on outward forms and movement, it cannot and will not cure you of your problems.

Genuine chi kung is the art of energy, and energy flow is the most important part of that art. It is the energy flow that will overcome your problems, what ever they may be.

The best choice for you would be to attend our Grandmasters Intensive Chi Kung course in Malaysia. (For more information: www.shaolin.org)
      It gives all the necessary skills for correct practice and ensures the wanted outcome.

Best wishes,

Nessa
      Thank you for your responde, Sifu Nessa. I will keep it in mind.

Comment

Hello!

I just wanted to give you an update of my progress.

I changed my diet for a more plant based, although I'm not becoming a vegetarian nor a vegan. I also cut off all drinks and I now drink only water.

These simple changes have done wonders in my energy levels, specially drinking water. I'm regaining my vitality as never before these years.

I know this has nothing to do with Chi Kung but aparently there are other ways to energy cultivation.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacekeeper View Post
          Hello!

I just wanted to give you an update of my progress.

I changed my diet for a more plant based, although I'm not becoming a vegetarian nor a vegan. I also cut off all drinks and I now drink only water.
          Congrats on your changes, peacekeeper! I'm currently gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free and it has done better for my health (besides a great chi flow) than any acupuncture, massage, or other lifestyle change! Can I suggest it is still possible to enjoy your food and drink and have a nourishing varied diet. With drinks you can have chai tea (with rice milk if you don't want dairy), or decaffenaited coffee, juices, and coconut water (which itself is very nourishing). Also if you really want to get into diet, try adding some chinese medicine approach. Its listed in depth here in the Chinese Medicine sub forum. If you want to nourish your kidney yin for example, look at having bone broth once or twice a week, eating goji berries regularly, and I believe beef is also good.

I realise you have switched to plant-based but can I humbly suggest, as someone who grew up a vegetarian and has no switched to meat, I can feel such a difference and improvement at eating meat! Well-cooked steak with mustard and pepper, crispy pork crackling, scrambled eggs with chives, delcious bacon, oven-baked salmon with lemon and dill, not only taste delicious, go well with vegetables, but feel incredibly nourishing to me! Also I was told by a good acupuncturist that if you are weak / want to nourish your energy, then cook your meat a little more than usual.

One last thing. As someone who created problems for himself with attempting small universe solo, don't take yourself and your health too seriously!! (Not saying you do, you seem pretty grounded). But I recommend just do a few consistent things each day for your health, but don't obsess when you have health peaks and troughs. Of course this is another way of saying, don't worry, don't intellectualise and just enjoy. Also make sure you have good sleep and good amount of sleep. Besides chi kung, sleep is the backbone of jing restoration.

Cheers
          Chris

Comment

Originally posted by christoph View Post
            Congrats on your changes, peacekeeper! I'm currently gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free and it has done better for my health (besides a great chi flow) than any acupuncture, massage, or other lifestyle change! Can I suggest it is still possible to enjoy your food and drink and have a nourishing varied diet. With drinks you can have chai tea (with rice milk if you don't want dairy), or decaffenaited coffee, juices, and coconut water (which itself is very nourishing). Also if you really want to get into diet, try adding some chinese medicine approach. Its listed in depth here in the Chinese Medicine sub forum. If you want to nourish your kidney yin for example, look at having bone broth once or twice a week, eating goji berries regularly, and I believe beef is also good.

I realise you have switched to plant-based but can I humbly suggest, as someone who grew up a vegetarian and has no switched to meat, I can feel such a difference and improvement at eating meat! Well-cooked steak with mustard and pepper, crispy pork crackling, scrambled eggs with chives, delcious bacon, oven-baked salmon with lemon and dill, not only taste delicious, go well with vegetables, but feel incredibly nourishing to me! Also I was told by a good acupuncturist that if you are weak / want to nourish your energy, then cook your meat a little more than usual.

One last thing. As someone who created problems for himself with attempting small universe solo, don't take yourself and your health too seriously!! (Not saying you do, you seem pretty grounded). But I recommend just do a few consistent things each day for your health, but don't obsess when you have health peaks and troughs. Of course this is another way of saying, don't worry, don't intellectualise and just enjoy. Also make sure you have good sleep and good amount of sleep. Besides chi kung, sleep is the backbone of jing restoration.

Cheers
            Chris
            Thanks Chris!! I haven't become a vegetarian, I just started to add more fruit and vegetables to my diet. I still eat plenty of meat. I have read books that say being a vegetarian is not the best approach for our health and I agree. I've seen it in other people that they become weak and start to gain weight. Nevertheless, I agree with the idea of causing the least amount of suffering to animals so I'll try to eat organic.
            I also am dairy, gluten, and sugar free.
            Forgot to mention that I weighted myself yesterday and I lowered 10kg so I'm doing things right apparently
            The thing I need right now is to gain some muscle mass because that forced chi kung somehow destroyed it and left me weak, but it's increasing by its own with only the diet (no gym).
            Will check the chinese medicine subforum

Best wishes,

Peacekeeper

Comment

Adding to Nessa's post:
              As you learned from experience Peacekeeper, leaning/training from a written source can be dangerous. However you are asking how to build chi on an internet forum. Don't repeat you mistake. Find a genuine master who teaches genuine arts (which gives the benefits it's meant to give) and ask him for advice. Then act on his advice. If you are not satisfied with your current sifu, find someone else.
              One way of comparing wether the school and art is suitable for your needs is to compare what the art is meant to provide and wether the sifu and his students got the benefit by training it.

Comment

Hi peacekeeper,

Sorry, I didn't read your post properly!

Congrats on losing the weight you want, but who says you also need to gain muscle mass? As many here will attest, real strength does not come from having huge muscles (which by locking energy can actually lead to energy blockages in the long term), but from good chi flow and internal force. I met a guy at one Intensive Course I attended who was wiry, yet immensely strong and energised and he even had the stamina to walk all day!!

I'm not an expert but if you want to improve your physique you could also just keep eating your wonderful diet, maybe increase it to four meals a day (check with a dietatian/GP first), plus nuts and fruit as snacks. Then just some simple push-ups and bridging exercises, perhaps some yoga (which itself has potential for chi benefits); which will strengthen your core musculature. This, in addition to chi kung, good sleep, good social times (alcohol-free), and you will gain weight and strength easily over a few months.

Then you can write about it here

Comment

Working...
                X