Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 questions on Small and Big Universe

Omar is offline Sifu Omar Iversen - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Norway
    Dear Sifu,

During the Fukushima nuclear accident in Japan you told us that practicing small universe is excellent against radiation hazards.
    Could you tell us why some skills like small universe are better suited then other chi kung excercises for such purpose?

Shaolin salute
    When one door closes, another one opens.

Thanks to Sigung for the opportunity for the 10 Q's on this course.
    And thanks to Karol for the action that mad it happen.

My Question is;

Dear Sigung, what would be the best way to prepare for the Small & Big universe course in December and after the course what would be the best way to continue practicing the Small & Big Universe. Would the Small Universe be progressive to achieve the big universe in practice or vice versa?

Many thanks, best wishes
    James
    /O
    Aaahhhhh!

Dear Sifu and the Shaolin Wahnam family, thank you very much for allowing us this opportunity to ask and talk about the Small and Big Universe! Every school in which I have trained internal arts has remarked on the importance of the Small Universe, relegating it to either the very beginning of training or reserving it for advanced, indoor disciples. Naturally, I'm quite curious about it!

Sifu mentioned in several of his books that the Small Universe is the foundation for many advanced arts, including Golden Bell and Cosmos Palm, especially as trained by Shaolin discples in the past using orthodox methods. What is it about the Small Universe that made it a requirement for past practitioners to attain advanced force such as Golden Bell and Cosmos Palm? On a similar note, what it is about the way we train in Shaolin Wahnam today that enables people who do not possess the true breakthrough of the Small Universe to attain Golden Bell, Cosmos Palm, and other advanced or specialized internal force? Does the order in which one learns advanced arts, e.g. Small Universe before Cosmos Palm, or Cosmos Palm before Small Universe, change the final results obtained by the practitioner?

Thank you very much again!

Sincerely with Shaolin salute,
    - Fred
    I like making silly videos (including kung fu ones!) every so often on YouTube and taking pictures of weird things on Instagram.

Dear Sigung,

A common theme I find in spiritual traditions is the importance of opening the heart and opening the crown chakra. How does attaining the small universe and big universe, respectively, contribute to these two processes?

With Gratitude,
    Andrew R
    Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

Irina is offline Sifu Irene Bassal - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland

doubts and expectations and how to meet them

Dear Sifu,
    dear Shaolin Wahnam family!

Thank you for this fantastic opportunity for Q&Q.

A question was on my mind for a long time and I would like to ask it now.

The experience I had during small and big universe course few years ago was just splendid and far beyond all my expectations.
    After the course, great and extraordinary surprises continued popping-up for a long time. It was like I have planted a garden and in spring every now and then new flowers blossomed and each time I was full of awe.

For a long time now I did not have such a fabulous experience anymore and I was worrying a bit recently if my high expectation would prevent me from having the genuine experience and if I should do the course at all.

Dear Sifu, what is your advice in general for all those who did the course and are planning to do it again, few years later. I know that the three golden rules and an excellent attitude anyway. But still I feel that if the level is higher perhaps the doubts and the expectations may be an obstacle.

In spite of the fact that this or similar questions were asked before I truly hope to receive and answer.

Thank you.
    .•´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`°irene°´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.

---------------------------------------
    “I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.”
    Hafiz

Dear Family,

Thank You for all the wonderful questions.

Its a very special Question and Answer. We still have 3 days left.

Its a one in a lifetime opportunity so dont hesitate to send your questions.

After the 17 November my Sifu together with Sipak Andrew will choose the 10 questions and present them to Sigung.

With kind regards
    Karol
    Last edited by Karol; 14th November 2017 at 04:15 PM.

Dear Sigung,

I have read that the old ways take much longer but are more powerful which led to the astonishing martial and internal levels of the past masters. Is this still applicable for those willing to take the slow path? Better yet can we still reach the level of martial and internal attainment of the past masters with dedication and perseverance using our new developed ways?

With Gratitude,
    David
    Shaolin Wahnam USA

Dear Sigung,

Can the small universe and big universe be activated spontaneously without previous chi kung practice, if a person's spiritual attainment is "advanced" enough? For example, can a living saint, who has never done chi kung or other energetic specific practices but is quite spiritually developed, have the small and/or big universe activated, or is it necessary to practice an energy specific art?

With Gratitude,
    Andrew R
    Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

To inspire You all to ask the question here is an article wrote by Sigung for almost 10 years ago.

Thank You Sigung for giving us so amazing opportunity.

https://shaolin.org/answers/sp-issue...-chi-kung.html

Dear Family,

I am happy to announce that 10 questions have been chosen (thanks to my Sifu and Sipak Andrew) and presented to Sigung.

To make it more interesting, here is the first answer!

Thank You Sigung for Your generosity and sharing with us secrets about very advanced arts.

Question 1

We know that the Small Universe (or microcosmic circulation) is a very high level art.

How is it that so many schools in the world offer this as the first exercise for beginners?

Could Sifu compare the benefits of Small Universe as practiced in our school with the "same" exercise as practiced by beginners in other schools?

If all things were equal, at what point in a student's training (or development) would Sifu recommend learning and practicing Small Universe and Big Universe?

Sifu Andrew Barnett

Answer

The Small Universe, or the Micro-Cosmic Circulation as it is called in some schools, is a very high-level art. Practitioners would take about 10 years to attain it.

Some people even called the Small Universe “the chi kung.” It is not correct as we all know there are many other types of chi kung, but it shows the importance these people place on the Small Universe.

Why are the Small Universe and also the Big Universe so important? There is a chi kung saying that “Those who have attained the Small Universe will overcome all diseases; those who have attained the Big Universe will live beyond a hundred years.”

Those who practiced kungfu valued the Small Universe very highly. Besides good health, vitality and longevity, the Small Universe gave kungfu practitioners tremendous internal force, and they were also very fast and would not be tired. Only practitioners at a master’s level would have the opportunity to learn the Small Universe. Often they would “bi guan”, which means “seclude themselves in an inaccessible place, and only come out of the inaccessible place after they have accomplished the attainment of the art.” They would hold a grand celebration on their accomplishment.

We in Shaolin Wahnam are elite. We even upgrade the chi kung saying to a higher level. “Those who have attained the Small Universe will live beyond a hundred years, and those who have attained the Big Universe will never die.” Irrespective of whether they practice kungfu, they have tremendous internal force, are very fast and never become tired. They can use their tremendous internal force to enrich their lives.

We mean it when we say those who have attained the Big Universe will never die. Actually everybody never dies. Their physical bodies may discompose, but their spirit, or soul, never. When they have attained the Big Universe, they will have confirmation of this fact many times. Life will also be different. Every day will be a joy.

Attaining the Small Universe means that energy flows round the Ren Meridian and the Du Meridian continuously. Attaining the Big Universe means that energy of the practitioner merges with the Cosmos.

The Ren Meridian and the Du Meridian, also called the Conceptual Meridian and the Governing Meridian, are seas of energy of a person. When the energy in the Ren Meridian and the Du Meridian is flowing continuously, it means that energy is flowing very well in the whole person. Not only the flow is continuous, the volume also increases tremendously. The practitioner will have radiant health, a lot of vitality, and his energy will flow for a very long time, which means he has longevity.

Many people who attended previous Small and Big Universe courses have reported to me that they have become noticeably lucky. It is no surprise. They have very good “hou yun qi”, or very good circulation of energy, which means they are very lucky.

(Part 2 follows)