Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10 questions on Small and Big Universe

Andrew is offline Sifu Andrew Barnett - Chief Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland

10 questions on Small and Big Universe

Thanks to Karol, Sifu has kindly and generoulsy agreed to answer 10 questions on Small and Big Universe. What a wonderful opportunity. Thank you Sifu for this opportunity.

I will leave Karol to explain any other specialities of this thread.
    Sifu Andrew Barnett
    Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch
    Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
    Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
    Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Chi Kung Courses : 3t0h September 2017 in Landquart CH
    QEA Discussion Forum: www.qea.ch/forum

Dear Family,

December this year will be an amazing month. Many of us have opportunity to learn one of the most precious Kung Fu sets - The Essence of Shaolin. Furthermore Sigung kindly offers to transmit the skill of two very advanced Taoist Arts - The Small and Big Universe.

In this Q and A we have a rare chance to ask Sigung about Small and Big Universe.

Please feel free to ask Your questions.

17 November will be the last day. After that most interesting questions will be chosen to present to the Grandmaster.

Considering its a very rare and precious opportunity, please choose your questions wisely.

Thank You Sigung for giving us this amazing chance.

Thank You Sifu for helping me with this work.

Thank You Sipak Andrew for Your help with this thread.

With Shaolin Salute
    Karol

Thank you Sifu for this wonderful opportunity.
    Thank you Siheng Andrew and Karol for facilitating this thread.

Dear Sifu,
    When practicing Small Universe you have mentioned that Wuji Stance is best for beginner/intermediate students and that Cosmos Stance is best for advanced students as it enhances results when they are ready. What of practicing Small and Big Universe in the seated (lotus/half lotus) position? Is it more or less advanced, and how do the purpose and effects of Small and Big Universe differ in the seated position versus standing? Are there other traditional postures in which Small and Big Universe were trained?

Sincerely,
    Dom

Luo Lang is offline Sifu Roland Mastel - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland
    Dear Sifu,

I have been practicing the Small and Big Universe for several years now.

Right at the moment I practice the Small Universe in the Wuji Stance just because it feels nice. The Big Universe though I practice rather in the Cosmos stance, again just because it feels good.

Could you please give your opinion about this development as it‘s a spontaneous happening rather than a intuitive one?

Another question came to my mind concerning the Big Universe. The Big Universe is also been activated with the 12 Sinewmetamorphosis exercises. Though it seems I feel a difference when I activate the Big Universe with the orthodox traditional way in the Cosmos stance, than using one of the 12 Sinewmetamorphosis exercises. The former eventhough standing in the Cosmos stance feels more flowing than using for instance Flicking Fingers which is performed in the Wuji stance.

Could please elaborate on that further?

Thank you Sifu for taking your time to answer our questions!

Best regrads,

Roland
    "From formless to form, from form to formless"

26.08.17-28.08.17: Qi Gong Festival with 6 courses in Bern:
    Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

This is another wonderful opportunity. Sifu is always so generous!

I remember clearly that The Small and Big Universe Course was a stepping stone in my practice. For that I feel very grateful. Thank you Sifu.

I would have two questions. One is regarding the Small Universe and the other regarding the Big Universe:

- How can the Small Universe enhance our Kung Fu? For example, how can it enhance our combat efficiency?

- What is the difference between Bone Marrow Cleansing at the Meridian Level and the Big Universe?

Thank you Sifu for your endless generosity.

Thank you Andrew Siheng and Karol Sijat for starting another amazing Questions and Answers Series.

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Andrew is offline Sifu Andrew Barnett - Chief Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland
    Dear Sifu,

We know that the Small Universe (or microcosmic circulation) is a very high level art.
    - How is it that so many schools in the world offer this as the first exercise for beginners?
    - Could Sifu compare the benefits of Small Universe as practiced in our school with the "same" exercise as practised by beginners in other schools?
    - If all things were equal, at what point in a student's training (or development) would Sifu recommend learning and practicing Small Universe and Big Universe?

Many thanks,
    Andrew
    Sifu Andrew Barnett
    Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch
    Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
    Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
    Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Chi Kung Courses : 3t0h September 2017 in Landquart CH
    QEA Discussion Forum: www.qea.ch/forum

We have already many good questions and still two weeks to go. Good work!

My question is:

Dear Sigung,

Does the practice of Small and Big Universe help us to attain enlightenment, and if yes, how?

With Shaolin Salute
    Karol

Dear Sigung

When a practitioner attains the Big Universe before he attains the Small Universe it does not automatically mean that the practitioner will be healthy all the time. I am curious why this is the case. Do the meridians of the Big Universe build one circle of energy like the Small Universe does with the two meridians?

When a practitioner has a real breakthrough in the first two of the eight wondrous meridians the practitioner has attained the Small Universe. When a practitioner has attained a real breakthrough in the third wondrous meridian every day will be a joy. What are the results and benefits of a real breakthrough in the other five of the eight wondrous meridians?

Thank you Sigung for the possibility to ask questions.

Thank you Andrew Sipak and Karol Siheng for this thread.

With best regards
    Bernhard

"No matter what you do, you must be clear in your conscience." - Sitaigung Ho

"All great masters have advised that morality should be the basic of spiritual cultivation." - Sigung
    "Morality is the basic of spiritual training, but by itself it is different. Morality may or may not be spiritual." - Sigung

I'm not sure if my question will be of help to others, but I may as well ask and if it is unhelpful may it be disregarded.

Dear Sifu,

Can a breakthrough of the small and big universe be given as a gift by a benevolent non-physical being(for instance, the Buddha or Kwan Shi Yin)?

If so, would the nature of such a gift be the same or different from the natural breakthrough gained through training or transmission?

Thank you again for your generosity in sharing these arts.

Dear Sigung,

as the Small Universe provides its practitioners with a smoth continuous flow of energy around the Du and Mai meridians and distributes the chi from them to the other woundrous meridians, can we affirm the the Small Universe at some point reduce or even eliminate the overtraining symtoms of the practitioners? Can you please elaborate on this statement, explaining why is it true or false?

Thank you!
    Davy