Shaolin Pakua Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dear Family and Virtual Kwoon readers,

Thank you for your great posts and answers.

While reading it, I have been wondering often why "the whole novelette is about Shaolin Kungfu from the Shaolin Pakua Set"? As Sifu knows so many Kung Fu Sets it is a mystery to me why Sifu chose the Shaolin Pakua Set and not other.
    I have been wondering the same thing myself Santi. Did anybody on the Essence of Shaolin course ask Sifu this question? We would love to hear the answer if you did.

The Fragrant Fox has ended and my deepest thanks to Sifu for sharing it with us, especially before the Shaolin Pakua set course in February in Ireland.

For those of you interested, perhaps you could share your views, insights and what you have learned from reading it?

I would love to read your posts.

Happy New Year and may 2018 bring you great happiness, good health and much love,
    Joan
    Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
    GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
    ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
    THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

While reading it, I have been wondering often why "the whole novelette is about Shaolin Kungfu from the Shaolin Pakua Set"? As Sifu knows so many Kung Fu Sets it is a mystery to me why Sifu chose the Shaolin Pakua Set and not other
      Oohhhh!!! I know the answer. Thank you Sifu!

I think I will let you all guess the answer.........! It is actually very simple!

Many Blessings,
      Joan

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
      GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
      ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Sigung only learned 4 Gates and Pakua from Sitaigung Ho, didn't he? I haven't read the book yet, but I guess because it is the second set taught at the Southern Temple, so still basic yet advanced. It is a signature set of Souther Shaolin, like 4 Gates.

Comment

Hi Fräänz,

Sigung learned five sets from Sitaigung Ho:

1. Shaolin Cross-Roads at Four Gates (Siu Lam Sap Tzi Seai Moon Khuen)
          2. Shaolin Pakua Set (Siu Lam Pat Kwa Khuen)
          3. Seven Stars (Chet Sing Khuen)
          4. Ho Family Flowing Water Staff (Ho Ka Lau Sheui Khuan)
          5. Great Majestic Set (Tai Hoong Khuen)

(Note: List taken from:https://shaolin.org/answers/sp-issues/kungfu-sets.html )

So we are extremely blessed to be learning the Pakua Set next month in Killarney! It is indeed a rare opportunity that is presenting itself.

Thank you Sigung!

Kevin

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Originally posted by Joan View Post

I think I will let you all guess the answer.........! It is actually very simple!

Many Blessings,
            Joan
            Oh Dear Sije, now I am even more intrigued than before!

A quote from Sifu came to my mind: "It might be simple but not necessarily easy" to guess.

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Thanks for the correction, Kevin. I'm also wrong about it being taught as the second set in the past. Please ignore my previous post

Comment

Many Blessings,
                Joan
                Dear Sifu,

I look forward to hearing the answer. I will take a guess; is it because the Pakua set is the set that Sigung received his enlightenment in Kung Fu combat application.

I must say I absolutely loved reading The Fragrant Fox novelette. It was very entertaining to read and inspiring to learn of Yang Shao Ming using Shaolin Pakua Kung Fu in his everyday life to defend and help people in need and to fulfill his commitment of the Bodhisattva way.

Thank you Sigung for sharing the novelette with us.

Shaolin salute,
                Dominic.

Comment

Dear Sijie,

Happy new year!

I would guess that it is because this is the set when Sifu gained his Kung Fu enlightenment , being able to know all applications from any other Kung Fu set after learning this one?

Best wishes,

Roeland
                  www.shaolinwahnam.nl
                  www.shaolinholland.com

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family and Virtual Kwoon readers,

Thank you Fraanz and Roeland for joining the thread and to Dominic for your answer. Santi, I am sure you can guess!

I will let a few more people guess before I reveal the answer!

Many Blessings,
                    Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                    ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Santi, I am sure you can guess!

Many Blessings,
                      Joan
                      Dear Sije, after reading the answers from Dominic Sijat and Roeland Siheng, I would agree with them.

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Ha ha Santi, you are very funny!!

Yes, the answer was indeed:

The Shaolin Pakua set is the set that Sifu received his enlightenment in Kung Fu combat application.

Well done Dominic and Roeland and to Santi too!

Many Blessings,
                        Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                        ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

An Announcement by Sifu on www.shaolin.org

My Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family and Virtual Kwoon readers,

The following announcement has been taken from Sifu's website:

We are truly blessed to have this fantastic course in Ireland!

WHY GRANDMASTER WONG WAS COMBAT EFFICIENT

A main reason why kungfu practitioners could not use their kungfu for combat is because they do not know how to apply their kungfu techniques for combat application. Grandmaster Wong has a rare ability. He can look at any kungfu set, including those he has not seen before, and tell the combat application of the patterns.
                          He had his combat application "enlightenment" when he learned the Shaolin Pakau Set from Grandmaster Ho Fatt Nam. Grandmaster Wong is going to share this ability with students who will attend the course on the Shaolin Pakua Set in Ireland from 26th to 28th February 2018. Please contact Sifu Joan Browne for registration. Please note that this ability is also very useful for those who practice Taijiquan and other styles of martial art.
                          Those who will attend the course please familiarize yourself with the set. Please see the video and the pictures here.

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                          ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Links to Shaolin Pakua set

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family and Virtual Kwoon readers,

Sifu has very kindly posted the video's from the Shaolin Pakua set on his website.

Sifu works so hard to keep the Shaolin arts alive and it was a fantastic course. We truly appreciate Sifu's wisdom and generosity.

Many Blessings,
                            Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                            ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                            X