One-Finger Shooting Zen or Chi Flow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One-Finger Shooting Zen or Chi Flow?

What is a greater art: "One-Finger Shooting Zen" or chi flow?

Sifu has often said that he gave us the best of what he has to teach, at that time, right at the beginning. Certainly One-Finger Shooting Zen has to be included in this. Sifu has also said that he owes much of his internal force development to regularly practicing One-Finger Shooting Zen. So it might be fair to conclude that this is a 'great' art.

Then there is Chi Flow. Many years ago I mentioned to Sifu that at some time in the future our school may be remembered or famous for 'Chi Flow', he agreed. It brings so many benefits and is something that is included in all of our practice. One could consider Chi Flow as a great art.

So what is a greater art: "One-Finger Shooting Zen" or chi flow?
    Tim Franklin

http://www.theguardianlions.co.uk
    A story of finding Courage and Wisdom

www.zenarts.co.uk Classes and Courses for Shaolin Kung Fu, Taijiquan and Qigong in Bognor Regis, Chichester, West Sussex

Fully Alive on Facebook Energy Flow for Health and Happiness

UK Summer Camp Qigong, Taijiquan, Shaolin Kung Fu, Spiritual Cultivation with Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

sigpic

Dear Tim Sipak,

Without chi flow in the wide sense there would be a lack of shooting of energy and the Zen would be "dry." Hence, there would only remain One-Finger doing some exotic physical gestures coupled with possibly detrimental sound effects. Here chi flow is the necessary key for all other genuine internal arts.

If we take Chi Flow as a specific skill with broad levels of application, then it's much closer: One-Finger Shooting Zen presents flowing and consolidating force, some stance training, combat application, and Tiger Claw and Dim Mak in advanced levels. Nevertheless, the gentle sway of Gentle Breeze Swaying Willows wouldn't be the best choice for all occasions, especially recovering health, if we consider even that as an historical or essential part of the force training involved. The 5 Levels of Chi Flow are a treasure of Chi Kung philosophy and application, which I think is far superior to any specific Chi Kung or internal force exercise or Kungfu set.

With sincere respect,
    Olli

Comment

The 5 Levels of Chi Flow are a treasure of Chi Kung philosophy and application, which I think is far superior to any specific Chi Kung or internal force exercise or Kungfu set.
      So Chi Flow is the greater art then, in your opinion Olli.
      Tim Franklin

http://www.theguardianlions.co.uk
      A story of finding Courage and Wisdom

www.zenarts.co.uk Classes and Courses for Shaolin Kung Fu, Taijiquan and Qigong in Bognor Regis, Chichester, West Sussex

Fully Alive on Facebook Energy Flow for Health and Happiness

UK Summer Camp Qigong, Taijiquan, Shaolin Kung Fu, Spiritual Cultivation with Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

sigpic

Comment

Dear Sipak,

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        So Chi Flow is the greater art then, in your opinion Olli.
        Yes! I apologize for not stating that explicitly.

With sincere respect,
        Olli

Comment

I think it is quite hard to answer such a question. Before it can be answered, a different question arises: "a greater art for what purpose?"

Once you define your purpose, the question becomes much easier. For instance, which will bring greater benefit to someone already healthy is clearly Single Finger. But which is the greater for the purpose of restoring health? Chi flow, clearly wins that.

So, assuming that the question is posed in regards to healthy people, I have to say Single Finger Shooting Zen.

Comment

Hello everyone!

The exercise One Finger Shooting Zen consists of techniques and skills and Chi Flow is one of the skills. Other skills are for example letting internal force flow and consolidate it.

So I think Chi Flow is equal, necessary and not comparable with One Finger Shooting Zen.

All the best
            Bernhard
            "No matter what you do, you must be clear in your conscience." - Sitaigung Ho
            A single light can eliminate the darkness of millenia.
            Every moment is precious.

Comment

Working...
            X