Complimentary tours in Penang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complimentary tours in Penang

I just noticed the announcement on Sifu's website, shaolin.org, that complimentary tours will no longer be organized during Intensive and Special Courses, due to low attendence. I understand the reasoning, but was sad to read the news.

For students/instructors taking their first course in Penang, I highly suggest organizing your own, private tours. The tours (and lunches!) formed some of my fondest memories of my trips to Penang. There is so much to see and experience in Penang, especially for those of different cultures, that tours and exploration are almost a "must have" experience while you are there.

With a little extra effort, you will surely make life-long memories. Go for it! 😁

-Matt

Yes, during all the courses I have been to in Malaysia, I have always taken all the tours. They were a great experience and gave a chance to see so much more of Malaysia, which is a beautiful country.

But I understand that a lot of effort goes into organizing these tours and lunches, and if students don't participate in them, it is a wasted effort.

Thank you for all the tours, I'll always remember them!

There were also some adventures during these tours.. One was in the Intensive Taijiquan course in Sabah, and our battle for the durian. I am sure some will remember.

Best wishes,

Nessa
    Nessa Kahila
    Shaolin Nordic Finland
    Instructor
    nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

For students/instructors taking their first course in Penang, I highly suggest organizing your own, private tours.
      - Agree 100%. Usually I've attended all the tours, it's a great way to spend time with our extended Shaolin family.

Best wishes,
      Markus Kahila
      Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

I felt similar to Matt, although the reasoning behind is understandable!
        Sometimes the buses were relatively empty, with only handful of people joining.
        Yet, those tours were great! And I have great memories taking them not only in Penang but also in KL.
        Anyway, don´t miss to see Malaysia! It´s wonderful!
        And for small groups to organize a tour is very simple! The Copthorne Hotel used to offer a shuttle bus to different destinations depending on the day of the week.

See you there
        Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
        Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
        http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
        http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
        http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

Oh No.......

Oh No! I was looking forward to some December tours!

All the best
          James O\
          Aaahhhhh!

Comment

Nice memories of the tours in Penang

Dear all,

I would like to thank Wei Foong Sije for having organised these tours in past, since it was a very pleasant part of the overall experience, the training, the family gathering and the possibility to talk to people you would probably not meet on other occasions.

I look forward to seeing my fellow brothers and sisters in Penang in December.

Warm wishes,
            .•´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`°irene°´¯`•.¸¸. ´¯`•.

---------------------------------------
            “I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.”
            Hafiz

Comment

I agree - especially during the first years, when I wasn't so familiar with Penang, I felt very lucky that Wei Foong Siguma organized these wonderful tours.
              Thank you Wei Foong Siguma for all your work and dedication!

As so many of us have spent much time in Penang, maybe we can help those who are on their first visit to discover all the beautiful sites. Let's make this a family task !
              Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
              Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Working...
              X