Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appreciating Women

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Calling the gentlemen of the Family especially! I think it would be more than fair if we had a thread dedicated to praising the worthiness of femine women, mothers, and wives.

Please read all of the following short essay that I linked below. It provides an excellent introduction to the theme of virtuous woman from a Taoist perspective. With that I would like to call it a great pity that the English language basically adopt's Latin's inherently masculine word virtus for signifying good and moral character.

Women, Water and the Way by Rachael Dunsmore

Nothing in the world
    is as soft and yielding as water.
    Yet for dissolving the hard and inflexible,
    nothing can surpass it.

Dao De Jing, Chapter 78

The Dao De Jing describes the way of yin, the feminine, as being ‘water’ and that of the complementing yang, masculine, as fire. In Daoist terms there has recently been a shift in the internal energies in both sexes, resulting in women now having too much fire. The water-based nature of women has been forgotten and they can no longer express this innate way of their being. Unfortunately this has a negative impact on mankind as a whole. Without the true influence of the feminine the world is becoming more volatile; like a fire burning out of control. Only women have the power to quench the fire of the masculine. Therefore women must find their way back to the water and to the true seat of their power.
    Since Sigung has written some fantastic insight concerning the nature of women, I'm concluding this fine article with a quote of his:

With sincere respect,
    Olli
Working...
X