Where to find a master

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find a master

I keep hearing that it's impossible to learn Chi Kung from a book. I've been trying to learn from a book and from videos and have made some progress with regular practice. I would love to learn from a master but there doesn't seem to be anyone who teaches chi kung near me. I live in Cornwall, UK. I look after my disabled husband so I can't travel far. I practice chi kung every day and have found some benefit especially when I'm able to stop intellectualising and get into a chi kung frame of mind.

Dear Pat,

that is excellent that you notice benefits when you stop deliberately thinking. Entering a Chi Kung state of mind is an important and necessary pre-requisite for doing Chi Kung so congratulations. Many people make it more complicated than it is .

Both Sifu Tim and I teach in England. We do regular classes, 1-1 teaching and therapy sessions, and weekend courses. If it would be difficult for you to travel then if you could find some friends or other people in your area we are prepared to run courses around the country.

All the best,

Barry
    Profile at Capio Nightingale Hospital London Click here
    Chi Kung & Tai Chi Chuan in the UK Fully Alive
    Fully Alive on Facebook Fully Alive
    UK Summer Camp 2017 Click here for details
    sigpic

Comment

Thank you. I'll see if I can find anyone else who's interested. It's quite hard to stop thinking but I don't stress about it. I just wave the stray thoughts bye bye. The physical benefits so far are that my hands are not so painful with arthritis and a wart I'd had for a while just came off unexpectedly. I've been practising for three months.

Comment

Hi Pat

Sifu Barry, and Sifu Tim are both top notch masters. Your practice will skyrocket after learning from them.

Your progress so far is good, but that is just the beginning.

Take care,
        David
        Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

Working...
        X