Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings Everyone

Dear Shaolin Wahnam family,

I trust everyone is well and happy. I’ve been away from my practice and this wonderful Shaolin Wahnam family over the last 4-5 years. The main reason was because of family circumstances which required much of my time and energy. I had a short breather after this and then over the last couple of years, I have been busy cutting down large trees in my garden, landscaping the garden, teaching myself how to build a summerhouse, an extension, installing kitchens and other refurbishment work around the house then doing the work myself in the evenings after work and over the weekends with the help of my very generous brother from time to time.

Although I have not practiced the wonderful Shaolin arts or been involved with the Wahnam family over the last 4-5 years, in my heart I have never felt distant from both and have never doubted that I will be practicing the Shaolin arts again some day. It’s too precious not to.

Although I still have much work I want to do around this beautiful old house, it won’t be as intense as before and so I thought about starting my practice again. Having put my body and mind through so much stress, hard physical labour, toxic from building material and a great lack of rest and sleep over the last few years, I now have the opportunity to heal and nourish it with the wonderful Shaolin arts.

Concerned that I may have offended Sigung with the absence from my practice and the Wahnam family, I wrote to Sigung recently to apologise, not knowing what to expect. Sigung warmly welcomed me back which I am very grateful for.
    I started practicing Lifting the Sky again over the last couple of days and it feel just as wonderful as ever. I miss being a student in Sigung’s class and intend to attend a regional course with Sigung next year.

I just wanted to re-introduce myself and to explain my absence. I look forward to seeing old and new classmates again at future courses.

Wishing every much health and happiness

Martin

Welcome back! It does not seem so longtime ago that we met at courses .

Wishing you much blessings with your training!
    Andrea
    Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
    Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Thanks for sharing the news Martin and welcome to jumpstarting your Shaolin Arts practice again
      Damian Kissey
      Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
      www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

Welcome home, Martin. I admit to having wondered where you were -- and am very happy to know you're back in person. Looking forward to training with you again soon.
        Sifu Andrew Barnett
        Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
        Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
        Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Dear Martin Sisook,

Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing you, the mighty lumberjack, in person some day.

With sincere respect,
          Olli

Comment

Hi Martin,

I'm glad that you're back! Your estate sounds like it is shaping up quite nicely Here's hoping we can train together again soon, but in the meantime, it's enough to know you're doing well and enjoying your practice again.

Best wishes to you and your family!
            Chris Didyk
            Shaolin Wahnam USA

Thank You.

Comment

Hi Martin

Welcome back and I'm glad you did some landscaping in your garden, it will be more room for sparring

Hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes
              Mark

Comment

Thank You

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome!

It feels fantastic to be practicing again and after only a few sessions of Lifting The Sky I have noticed benefits already such as feeling more relaxed, happier and peaceful in my daily life. The aches and pain which developed around the top of my left eye cleared completely. The blurred vision and tired eyes I developed in recent weeks cleared completely and my mental clarity has improved too. Incredible return on an investment of just 10-15 minutes each day .

I’ve also really enjoyed going through some of Sigung’s teaching videos, watching him walk around like a young man with such a passion for what he does and an incredible aura about him.

Mark Sisook , less space now actually for long fist techniques, Shaolin staff and spear. But plenty of room for Wing Choon and butterfly knives .

Thank you everyone for spreading the wonderful Shaolin arts and keeping them alive.

Martin

Comment

Thank you for sharing your experience, Martin and welcome back.

I believe that this is very important to follow the flow of life, even if it leads you to a time when you have more distance to things or people you appreciate.
                  All the best.
                  .•´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`°irene°´¯`•.¸¸. ´¯`•.

---------------------------------------
                  “I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.”
                  Hafiz

Comment

Hi Martin,

Good to hear from you. Maybe we will see you at a London class.

All the best,

Barry
                    Profile at Capio Nightingale Hospital London Click here
                    Chi Kung & Tai Chi Chuan in the UK Fully Alive
                    Fully Alive on Facebook Fully Alive
                    UK Summer Camp 2017 Click here for details
                    sigpic

Comment

Re: 2018

Originally posted by Martin Do View Post

Mark Sisook , less space now actually for long fist techniques, Shaolin staff and spear. But plenty of room for Wing Choon and butterfly knives .

Martin
                      Ha ha ha maybe a knife so too

Comment

Great to hear you're back training, Martin!

Best wishes,

Leo
                        Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Shaolin Wahnam Wien & Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

Thank you everyone. Andrew Sisook, it feels great to be home .

Thank you Barry Sisook for your kind invitation. I hadn’t planned on attending any classes this year but I still have Tim Sisook’s kicking pads which has been sitting up in the loft for the last 4-5 years. If possible I would like to drop them off for Tim Sisook one evening and take a class at the same time. I’ll PM you at some point.

Wishing everyone much health and happiness

Comment

Dear Martin,

Good to hear from you! I never thought you left.

Best wishes,
                            George / Юра
                            Shaolin Wahnam England

gate gate pāragate pārasaṁgate bodhi svāhā

Comment

Amazing news.

Hi Martin,

This is amazing. We met once in the Pimlico class which was run by sihing Simon many years ago. Perhaps you wouldn't remember me.
                              Paul often tells me stories of sparring practise with you back in the day.

Anyway, I'm also looking to get back into training after several years out, so if you're in London and want to meet up and go through the basic combat sequences, I would deem it an esteemed honour.

Best wishes,

Mohammed

Comment

Working...
                              X