Intensive Chi Kung and Tantui Courses - Malaysia 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everybody!

Well, Day 3 of the Special Tantui course here in Penang has just finished and I am amazed at how much more there is to discover and learn!

Through Sifu's marvellous transmission and multifaceted explanations, I am gradually coming to understand just how versatile Tantui is in its application not just for combat but for much "simpler" things like how it can be applied in daily life - the concept of the pressing attack being one of many examples.

It's also teaching me so much about how to listen to my own body, and, by extension, how to better listen to and respond to others. The "basic" concepts of timing and spacing, receptivity, moving properly in stances among many others, feel refreshingly new through the framework of the Tantui sequences.

This truly is an amazing art and I am so grateful to Sifu for so generously sharing it with us all! Thank you, Sifu!

With gratitude and a hearty Shaolin salute,

Craig

Comment

Sifu's Unfathomable Genius

Doing the Intensive Tantui Course twice has been one of the best decisions I have ever made with respect to my training. Going through the basic sequences a second time, and having the privilege of watching Sifu himself refine them, is a most humbling experience. While these sequences have been designed to enable students to develop skills and combat application with Tantui patterns and sequences, I have come to appreciate Sifu's tremendous attention to detail in the composition of the sequences. It is easy for someone in a Tantui course to be focused on the Tantui side of the sequences and its application, and to focus on developing the essential skills in applying Tantui practically. It is also very easy for one in that context to lose sight of the Southern Shaolin Kung Fu side of the sequences.

I have been very blessed in having Sifu present me with the privilege of demonstrating the sequences, and in keeping me on the Southern Shaolin Kung Fu side of all of them. Going through them a second time with Hubert (who is an absolute joy to work with), I have begun to appreciate the combat principles and lessons that Sifu has so brilliantly woven into that side of the sequences. These are not just Tantui sequences. They are Kung Fu sequences, and the the principles within them are applicable to any art. In generously giving us these profound sequences, Sifu has done more than simply breathing life into Tantui; he has made the learning and teaching of Tantui a vehicle for further learning and deepening of combat skills for any martial artist.

Thank you, Sifu!
      The Buddha taught that there is no abiding self. To me, this is a wonderful truth... largely because I can't abide the selves of most other people.

Comment

Dear Sigung,

When I decided to come to Malaysia and take both of the Tantui courses, honestly I had no idea about how "my Kung Fu life" was going to change. As my brother Pierre mentioned, it has been one of the best decisions I've ever made.

We are already half way through of the second course and I feel I'm grasping a lot of secrets and details hidden in the combat sequences. Sigung has done an outstanding job; the combat sequences, both Basic and Advanced have ALL the foundation of real Kung Fu. They feel so flowing and simple, and it is in that simplicity where I've perceived the true nature of Kung Fu.

I've had the best time sparing with my brothers and sisters.

Thank you dear Sigung for keep transmitting the Arts, it is an honor and a pleasure to learn from you.

With gratitude and respect
        Shaolin Salute

Myriam

Comment

Endless knowledge.

Dear Shaolin Family

After days of marvellous Tanui, our Sigung has continued to share with all of us his amazing teachings.

Inspired by his picture perfect form, endless flow and powerful movements, it has being a delighted to watch him
          demonstrate every combat sequence.

The sparing has being uplifting and the group so determined to receive the best of this unique and so special course.

Once more I will like to express my deepest gratitude to my Sigung for his generosity and endless knowledge.

His teaching are definitley one of a kind, thank you Sigung.

With deep Respect and Gratitude

Katia

Comment

Amazing Tantui

Dear Shaolin Wahnam family and friends,

Today is day 4 of the Special Shaolin Wahnam Course (B) and I can't wait for another day of training and learning from Sigung's genious.

Yesterday, we had a fantastic ending to day number 3. Sigung has generously shared with us the true depth of Tantui - both for combat efficiency and quality of life. This course has taught me how to be able to defend myself from any style (by following a simple and powerful sequence) and how to never give up. One of the unique qualities of Tantui is the pressing attack, the one pointed approach to combat and to life.

Sigung has shared with us so many techniques, skills, secrets and philosophies. I feel that I will now need a few lifetimes to uncover everything that I have received.

It has been truly exciting to experience the many, many applications of Tantui and to be able to see once again Sigung's faster than light and powerful demonstrations.

I look forward ro another fun day of training.

with much gratitude and respect,

Shaolin Salute

Carolina

Comment

Shaolin Tantui

I had a truly magnificent time training with new friends, eating lovely food and enjoying Shaolin Kung Fu, my most favorite hobby.

Shaolin Kung Fu is the best!!!

And we have the best Sifu.

Thank you so much.

I will practice well and look forward to the next time.

Shaolin Salute,

Nick

Comment

Hi Nick,

It was indeed great to meet you and to train together. Wishing you all the best with your training!

Hubert.
                Hubert Razack
                www.shaolinwahnam.fr
                www.sourireducoeur.fr

Comment

Dear Sigung,

I just wanted to thank you again for another life changing day. This Tantui Course has been one of the most meaningful experiences in my training.

I already have a few favorite moves: Three Rings around the moon, Rising Dragon Galloping Tiger and Second Auntie Kicks Ball

I've enjoyed enormously learning the details and the foundation of Kung Fu.

Thank you from my heart.
                  With gratitude and respect

Myriam

Comment

" Kung Fu is Alive" - Marvelous Tantui

Dear Sigung and Shaolin Wahnam family,

Today is day 5 of the Special Tantui Course (B) and my heart is full of bubbly excitement and deep gratitude as I await the last session of the day - the Grand Finale of this marvelous course and the temporary end of our time in beautiful Malaysia.

It has been a true honor to learn from Sigung and to share with so many brothers and sisters, aunts and aunties from so many beautiful places: UK, Spain, Canada, Japan, France, Mexico, Costa Rica, USA, Australia, Malaysia. After the amazing sessions with Sigung it has been a joy to share and discuss how grateful we are for how much Sigung and these Arts have changed our lives as we reminiscence on Sigung's amazing demonstrations and how much there is still for us to learn.

Sigung always tells us "Kung Fu is Alive" . He has generously showed us how each move in Tantui is alive, how each move has a purpose and that Tantui is a truly comprehensive Art.

I realized, as I watched Sigung demonstrate and as we learned sequences, moves, skills, techniques and received many precious teachings how an Art needs a real, authentic master for it to be truly alive... if a real master is not present, then the moves lose their meaning. It is like a paper and a pen with no artist to create a work of Art. In this course Sigung has showed us the masterpiece of Tantui and reminded us once again to always "Smile from the Heart."

Through this course and through Tantui Sigung has taught us that to live we have to be ALIVE and like Tantui never give up.

Thank you Sigung for this precious gift.

I am truly looking forward to the last session.

with much gratitude and respect,

Carolina
                    Last edited by Carolina11; 4 August 2017, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Dear Family and Friends,

It is hard to imagine that we are on the last day of the second session of the Tantui course.

I am sitting here enjoying the afternoon break, having had some delicious room service (the kitchen at Copthorne does not disappoint!), and taking some time to relax in the sun.

It feels like time has stood still just for a short instant, while Sifu has poured decades of experience and wisdom into this course on Tantui. We, with "95% learning, 5% training", will soon return to our respective homes to begin training and digesting the principles, techniques, skills, and philosophy taught.

I look forward to improving the quality of my own training by clarifying the objective for each training session, so that progress can be tangibly measured after only a few months.

Every course I have taken with Sifu has been wonderful and life-changing. But the implications of this course are profound and far-reaching. It has already changed my worldview on certain given situations, for which I am so grateful.

Thank you, Sifu, for so generously teaching Tantui to us.

With deepest gratitude and respect from the heart,

Emiko
                      Emiko Hsuen
                      www.shaolinwahnam.jp
                      www.shaolinwahnam.ca

INTENSIVE & SPECIAL COURSES -- PENANG 2018
                      Taught by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit
                      4th generation successor of the Southern Shaolin Monastery
                      Small and Big Universe Course: Nov 21 to 25
                      Becoming a Shaolin Wahnam Kungfu Practitioner: Nov 26 to Dec 2
                      Cultivating Spirit Nourishing Energy: Dec 2 to Dec 8
                      Intensive Chi Kung Course: Dec 9 to Dec 13
                      To apply, send email to: secretary@shaolin.org

Comment

Dear Shaolin Family and Friends,

At the graduation dinner last night, I asked Sifu, "May I ask what the definition of 'restoring the glory of Tantui' would be? And how does one measure tangibly when it has been achieved?"

Sifu kindly explained in this way: "It can be when many people practice Tantui, but more than that, it is when Tantui is recognized as a great art."

I asked further, "Sifu, does that mean, for example, making some combat videos?"

He kindly replied, "It can be in writing."

Then I finally understood what Sifu had originally meant when he had tasked me with 'restoring the glory of Tantui'. I had somehow thought it meant many many people around the world practicing Tantui. This was the reason that I dedicated myself from last November until now to travelling and trying to teach the basics of Tantui to people in different countries around the world. I had hoped that many people would come to Malaysia to attend this Special Tantui Course with Sifu.

From July 24 until Aug 5, Sifu was so generous as to pioneer and teach the 'glory of Tantui' at the Special Tantui Course in two sessions. This course was outstanding, revealing the wonders of Tantui, but even more, revealing Sifu's great breadth and depth of kungfu.

I count two personal victories in this time of taking the Tantui course:

a) a few weeks before coming to Malaysia, I had broken my right foot, nevertheless, I was able to train through both sessions of Tantui (albeit not anywhere near my best) thanks to the chi flow that Sifu teaches;

b) since April 2004 when Sifu kindly taught me Dragon Form, Dragon has been my personal training focus; during the Special Tantui course, it was a healthy challenge to avoid using Dragon and to adhere only to the outer framework and movements of Tantui.

The effortlessness with which Sifu glides from one style of kungfu to another is yet another testament to the greatness of his skill and understanding.

Now, knowing what the true meaning of 'restoring the glory of Tantui' means, I can return to encouraging many many people to attend the Intensive Shaolin Kungfu Course or the Intensive Wahnam Taijiquan Course in Malaysia.

After all, it is the Intensive Shaolin Kungfu Course that changed my life so many years ago, and it is Southern Shaolin Kungfu that flows from my body without thought or effort.

It was good to be able to say at the graduation dinner last night to the course participants, "If you think the Tantui course was amazing, then I assure you that the Intensive Shaolin Kungfu Course and the Intensive Taijiquan Course are much more amazing. I highly recommend everyone to take these courses, either for the first time or as a review."

Indeed, I believe that these two courses are the top priority for anyone wishing to become competent in Shaolin Kungfu!

I would like, once again, to extend my thanks to Sifu for teaching the Special Tantui Course.

Thank you also to Wei Foong Sije for all the outstanding organization behind the scenes, to Chun Nga Taisiheng for the unforgettable outing to Kek Lok Si Temple - and delicious biscuits, and to each of the delightful participants who taught me so much every time we crossed hands.

All the best to everyone!

Shaolin salute,

Emiko
                        Emiko Hsuen
                        www.shaolinwahnam.jp
                        www.shaolinwahnam.ca

INTENSIVE & SPECIAL COURSES -- PENANG 2018
                        Taught by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit
                        4th generation successor of the Southern Shaolin Monastery
                        Small and Big Universe Course: Nov 21 to 25
                        Becoming a Shaolin Wahnam Kungfu Practitioner: Nov 26 to Dec 2
                        Cultivating Spirit Nourishing Energy: Dec 2 to Dec 8
                        Intensive Chi Kung Course: Dec 9 to Dec 13
                        To apply, send email to: secretary@shaolin.org

Comment

It is the day after the end of the second Intensive Tantui Course, and, at the risk of sounding as though I’m indulging in hyperbole, my world has changed. This morning, after the longest rest I’ve had in months, I feel… settled. The way I breathe seems new, and the way I experience hunger is different from the way I have previously felt it. I feel truly blessed, and this is thanks to Sifu, and to the beauty and profundity of the wonderful arts Sifu has taught us. I return home a different person.

Thank you, Sifu, and thank you everyone who attended the courses; you have all made these changes possible.

With deepest gratitude,

Pierre
                          The Buddha taught that there is no abiding self. To me, this is a wonderful truth... largely because I can't abide the selves of most other people.

Comment

The Intensive Chi Kung Course was truly, TRULY beyond all words and life-changing.

I cannot thank Sifu enough, ever, and the course would not have been as enjoyable as it was without all of the amazing people who attended. Thank you to everyone and happy training as the gifts that were transmitted continue to unfold!

BTW, Penang is unquestionably the greatest place. Ever.

Infinite blessings to all, always,

Kristian

Comment

Intensive like an Intensive

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

thank you for opening such a good thread. I'm sure our memories will find a good place here

The Intensive Chi Kung Course was very special to me. This course allowed me once more to go beyond my phenomenal limits in Chi Kung as well as in daily life.
                              Sigung teached this course in a excellent way, covering all important aspects of Chi Kung for our new students and as well as for our advanced students.
                              Using only three different exercises to develop a lot of different skills is a sign of an easy and excellent teaching and a sign of an excellent grandmaster.

Penang was really hot and dry this time compared to my last visit, and sometimes I really missed the rain outside

I'm happy that I met some friends and also our other fantastic Shaolin Wahnam Family members from oversea during the course.

I want to say thank you very much to Sigung for offering this wonderful course, thank you very much to Wei Foong for organizing the course and the dinners, and of course thank you very much to all other people for being part of it.

Also a special thanks to Chun Nga Sipak who was so kind to send me some of the pictures from the graduation dinner.
                              Graduation Dinner.jpg

Graduation Dinner 2.jpg

With shaolin salute,

Dimitri
                              When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
                              When the student is truly ready, the teacher will disappear.

-Lao Tzu-

Comment

Wonderful photos

Best wishes to all
                                Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X