No announcement yet.

Special Course on Levels 10-12 in 2018 in Penang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I for one don't mind the trend of celebrating my birthday (12 Dec) during Malaysia courses!
    Chris Didyk
    Shaolin Wahnam USA

Thank You.

Comment

Thanks Wuji for tentative dates. I can send Sifu and Wei Foong an email to check once I get some feedback from you guys with your availability. In my recent correspondence with Sifu it was suggested the Kungfu course first, so things may have changed?

Chris, I'm just checking I understand you correctly. With Thanks Giving being on 22nd November, would the Kungfu course work better for the Americans being before the Cultivating Spirit, Training Energy Course? That means it would be last week of November to 2nd December? It might also be challenging for some of us in the UK to make mid December for the course.

I know the Cultivating Spirit, Training Energy course is going to be very special and not to be missed, as is the Special Kungfu course. My preference would be to do both the Kungfu course and the Cultivating Spirit, Training Energy course. I would not be able to do all three.

Out of interest, what would your preference be and are you looking to do the Cultivating Spirit, Training Energy course as well?

I am sure Sifu will want as many of us there as possible, so now is a good opportunity to check our availability so we don't miss out on this course, and also to discuss with Sifu the dates if a number of us can't make it.

All the best
      Tim Franklin

http://www.theguardianlions.co.uk
      A story of finding Courage and Wisdom

www.zenarts.co.uk Classes and Courses for Shaolin Kung Fu, Taijiquan and Qigong in Bognor Regis, Chichester, West Sussex

Fully Alive on Facebook Energy Flow for Health and Happiness

UK Summer Camp Qigong, Taijiquan, Shaolin Kung Fu, Spiritual Cultivation with Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

sigpic

Comment

Hi,

I thought the Kung Fu course was going to be before the Cultivating Spirit, Training Energy course i.e. 25th November to 2nd December.

I obviously don't want to miss the Kung Fu course but for the last few years I have missed my daughter's birthday while being in Malaysia. I promised her that in 2018 I would make sure I was in the UK on 14th December. Fingers crossed.

All the best,

Barry
        Profile at Capio Nightingale Hospital London Click here
        Chi Kung & Tai Chi Chuan in the UK Fully Alive
        Fully Alive on Facebook Fully Alive
        UK Summer Camp 2017 Click here for details
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barrys View Post
          I thought the Kung Fu course was going to be before the Cultivating Spirit, Training Energy course i.e. 25th November to 2nd December.
          That timing would certainly make my life easier.

P.S. Wouldn't that be 26th November to 2nd December (arrival day + 5 days training + departure day -- assuming the arrival day for the Cultivating Spirit, Training Energy course would be the same as the departure day of the previous course) --- or 25th November to 1st December, of course
          Sifu Andrew Barnett
          Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
          Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
          Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            Chris, I'm just checking I understand you correctly. With Thanks Giving being on 22nd November, would the Kungfu course work better for the Americans being before the Cultivating Spirit, Training Energy Course? That means it would be last week of November to 2nd December? It might also be challenging for some of us in the UK to make mid December for the course.

I know the Cultivating Spirit, Training Energy course is going to be very special and not to be missed, as is the Special Kungfu course. My preference would be to do both the Kungfu course and the Cultivating Spirit, Training Energy course. I would not be able to do all three.

Out of interest, what would your preference be and are you looking to do the Cultivating Spirit, Training Energy course as well?
            Hi Tim,

Yes, with Thanksgiving being on 22nd November, the biggest issue for Americans is that the following weekend (23-25 November) is up with Christmas as the busiest travel time of the year domestically. But, like Christmas, people manage, and it works out. I personally don't think that should be a major factor in course scheduling, especially since the alternative will likely involve Christmas holiday travel time (any other Americans want to chime in on that?).

I know that now is the time to get this all sorted, and I'm glad we're doing so, but as wonderful as it is to go to Malaysia, when I come back, it's a couple of months before I even want to think about the next trip! I'm quite comfortable visiting Sifu in Malaysia one year and hosting him in Florida the next. That said, I simply have to attend the Special Kung Fu course. I would also really like to attend the Cultivating Spirit course, but right now, that seems unlikely, especially if Christina comes to Malaysia, too.

This last trip's nannies + grandmas arrangement worked out, but just barely. In another year, the boys will be 2 and 4 (i.e. more rambunctious), the grandmas will be a year older (i.e. less able to keep up), and doing both courses would mean an even longer Malaysia trip (since Cultivating Spirit is 5 days vs. Small/Big Universe's 3). Throw in that Sifu's US Tour is end of September through end of October, which will already involve significant time away from the boys/disruption to their schedule, and the spacing and timing might be too tight regardless of the course ordering.

Of course, all of these are wonderful opportunities, I hope I don't come across as ungrateful. They just present some scheduling challenges in terms of being able to do them all.
            Chris Didyk
            Shaolin Wahnam USA

Thank You.

Comment

I like the idea of an end of November course, that would be brilliant!

I need to learn the weapon sets, I'll be diligently preparing with the focus that I will be able to make it, the cosmos will provide.

Holiday travel is no big deal, just have to adjust timing and spacing to account for delays and the crowd
              Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

How will all of you feel if the Level 10-12 special course is re-scheduled to 2019 instead? I too, have difficulties with the course dates as they now stand (whether November or December), but compared with those of you in Europe and the US, mine are insignificant.
                百德以孝为先
                Persevere in correct practice

Comment

Originally posted by David Langford View Post
                  I like the idea of an end of November course, that would be brilliant!

I need to learn the weapon sets, I'll be diligently preparing with the focus that I will be able to make it, the cosmos will provide.

Holiday travel is no big deal, just have to adjust timing and spacing to account for delays and the crowd
                  So what you're saying is that Team America needs to get together and get good at swinging sticks and sabers at each other? Sign me up!

Personally, I'm only planning on attending the level 10 - 12 course; Cultivating Spirit Training Energy will have to be a skillset that I meet at another time. A longstanding goal of mine has been to complete the basic Shaolin kung fu syllabus (seven or eight years is far too long!), and that will be coming before much of anything else. I get two vacations a year from my residency, and I will definitely be spending one of them on the "Finishing Touch in Becoming a Shaolin Wahnam Kungfu Practitioner" course.
                  I like making silly videos (including kung fu ones!) every so often on YouTube and taking pictures of weird things on Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimlock View Post
                    I for one don't mind the trend of celebrating my birthday (12 Dec) during Malaysia courses!
                    It's a tradition I like too (Dec 5)...

With regards to the dates...

Dec 2 to 8: Cultivating Spirit Course, Penang -- tentative
                    Dec 9 to 15: Special Kungfu Course -- tentative

would be great. As planning with my main clients generally happens in Sept./Oct. the year before, I have kept the whole month of December 2018 free, while the rest of the year is mostly blocked with short courses for clients already.
                    It would be wonderful to spend time with the family this year if the courses are in December. But if not, it is not meant to be

Best regards
                    Andrea
                    Last edited by Andrea; 9 January 2018, 09:58 PM.
                    Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
                    Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Originally posted by Zhang Wuji View Post
                      How will all of you feel if the Level 10-12 special course is re-scheduled to 2019 instead? I too, have difficulties with the course dates as they now stand (whether November or December), but compared with those of you in Europe and the US, mine are insignificant.
                      That would make things easier for me, but whenever Sifu offers the course, I will find a way to attend.
                      Chris Didyk
                      Shaolin Wahnam USA

Thank You.

Comment

How will all of you feel if the Level 10-12 special course is re-scheduled to 2019 instead?
                        - For me, this would be a significant improvement in timing and spacing.

Best wishes,
                        Markus Kahila
                        Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

How will all of you feel if the Level 10-12 special course is re-scheduled to 2019 instead?
                          Depending on when in 2019, it could solve some of the issues I would face too.
                          Sifu Andrew Barnett
                          Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
                          Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
                          Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

For me, this would make the difference between being able to attend, and not being able to attend. I had to dip into my 2018 time off to tend to all of the fracas here in 2017, so sadly, there's no way I could make it to Malaysia at the end of this year.
                            有志著事竟成

Shaolin Wahnam Twin Cities

Genuine Shaolin Kungfu and Qigong in Minnesota
                            https://www.shaolinwahnamtc.com/

Comment

If the Kungfu course is held in 2018 then November would be great - I strongly suspect it would not be possible for me to make the December date.

For 2019 it would probably be similar, unless the course was a few days later like the 2nd session of Essence of Shaolin this year.
                              George / Юра
                              Shaolin Wahnam England

gate gate pāragate pārasaṁgate bodhi svāhā

Comment

The same for me as for George. November 2018 would be wonderful as would the course happening in 2019. I will be in Penang for the Cultivating Spirit, Training Energy course in 2018 anyway ... not one I would miss.
                                Profile at Capio Nightingale Hospital London Click here
                                Chi Kung & Tai Chi Chuan in the UK Fully Alive
                                Fully Alive on Facebook Fully Alive
                                UK Summer Camp 2017 Click here for details
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X