Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Course on Levels 10-12 in 2018 in Penang

Dear Shaolin Wahnam family (especially fellow instructors),

Sifu has stated that he is going to announce protectors for our various Shaolin arts in the future. You can read this announcement here.

To qualify as a “researcher” and later on as a “protector”, one should first finish his (or her) basic training, which consists of the 12 levels of our martial arts syllabus, and therefore become a “practitioner”.

Levels 1 to 6 of our syllabi can be learnt in depth at the respective Intensive Courses. The Level 7 sets (Cross-Roads at Four Gates / Flowing Water Floating Clouds) were taught at specific, regional courses. The weapons could be learnt at respective courses and the Special Weapons Course.

Now, to provide an opportunity for our instructors and senior students, who didn’t have a chance to learn levels 10-12, which handle with “Unarmed against Armed”, “Single Unarmed against Multiple Unarmed” and “Single Unarmed and Armed against Multiple Armed”, Sifu is offering a special course on these topics again.

The course will probably be held in July/August 2018 in Penang, Malaysia, and will be on invitation-only.

After filling the gaps, Sifu will start to announce “researchers” and “protectors” for our various Shaolin arts.

Who else is planning to attend this very important course?

Best wishes,

Leo
    Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Shaolin Wahnam Wien & Shaolin Treasure House

This is great news! I have been waiting for this course.

The following year begins to look quite interesting.

Best wishes,

Nessa
    Nessa Kahila
    Shaolin Nordic Finland
    Instructor
    nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Thanks for sharing this, Leo. This course will likely be of great importance for the future of Shaolin Wahnam. it is a course I would therefore encourage ALL Shaolin Kung Fu and Wahnam Taijiquan instructors to attend.

If at all possible, I will certainly be there. I just hope this doesn't completely coincide with my father's annual summer visit.
      Sifu Andrew Barnett
      Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
      Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
      Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Excellent news. I wish to attend, not only to round off my basic skills and because the skill of dealing with multiple opponents is very useful in fighting and a special skill of Baguazhang, I found that even my basic understanding of that skill from my old aiki jujusu days contributed remarkably to my ability to handle stress and multiple parallel processes at work. As a fun side effect, the "rules" I learnt for multiple opponent fighting in the past made me a safer bicyclist and a better driver. Likewise, dealing with unarmed versus armed also gave me a lot of confidence with being decisive even in the face of a superior opponent.

Once I know more, and if I am lucky enough to be invited, I'll put in for the vacation time once the option becomes available.
        Last edited by Frederick_Chu; 28 June 2017, 03:36 PM. Reason: Overly excited grammatical mistakes
        I like making silly videos (including kung fu ones!) every so often on YouTube and taking pictures of weird things on Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
          This course will likely be of great importance for the future of Shaolin Wahnam. it is a course I would therefore encourage ALL Shaolin Kung Fu and Wahnam Taijiquan instructors to attend.

If at all possible, I will certainly be there.
          I cannot echo this enough. As a stand-alone course, this was one I hoped would be repeated. However, this specific course will be completing the foundation for a great, big step in our school's history, and will be formative for the future of Shaolin Wahnam and the arts within.

-Matt

Comment

I'm also really excited about this course, as it's something I've wanted to take for a long time.

As grateful as I am to have taken the opportunity to learn so many other incredible sets and arts, there will always be a hole in my training until I gain proficiency in the parts of the basic curriculum I haven't learned yet.
            Chris Didyk
            Shaolin Wahnam USA

Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimlock View Post
              I'm also really excited about this course, as it's something I've wanted to take for a long time.
              The same is true for me. I have been lucky to attend many courses and was hoping for this one to be taught again. Thank you Sigung for this opportunity!
              Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
              Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Thank you Leo for starting this thread.

Having taken the multiple opponent course with Sifu, some years ago, I can highly recommend attending this. Within the days of the course we went from facing multiple people with weapons pointing at us, with no idea of how to avoid getting stabbed, to removing the weapons from our opponent with ease. The weapon training that came with the course was fantastic.

One of my lasting memories of course was an epic sword battle with Chun Nga.

It was simply unbelievable how much we learnt and developed within that time. I would very much look forward to doing this course again.

So, a question for you... Have you been in a situation where you have faced multiple opponents? And if so, what did you do?

If you haven't, imagine a scenario and describe what you would do.
                Tim Franklin

http://www.theguardianlions.co.uk
                A story of finding Courage and Wisdom

www.zenarts.co.uk Classes and Courses for Shaolin Kung Fu, Taijiquan and Qigong in Bognor Regis, Chichester, West Sussex

Fully Alive on Facebook Energy Flow for Health and Happiness

UK Summer Camp Qigong, Taijiquan, Shaolin Kung Fu, Spiritual Cultivation with Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  So, a question for you... Have you been in a situation where you have faced multiple opponents? And if so, what did you do?

Dear Tim Siheng,

Once a group of about five robbers attempted to rob my house where my family was staying at the time. My mother was at the front gate and one of the robbers got out of the car and was trying to force his way in through the gate, while my mother was pulling on the gate to keep it closed.

I distinctly remember that I suddenly was in a very sharp chi kung state of mind. I knew exactly what to do and the movements came very naturally. I ran to the front gate in a very silent manner so no one noticed until I was standing right in front of the robber who was trying to force his way in. I looked at him very calmly but in a fierce manner. My spirit was very strong though it was not aggressive, just gently observing. My sudden presence scared the robbers and they ran way in their car. Everyone was safe and unharmed.

I am very grateful to Sifu and our Shaolin arts that kept my family and myself safe.

The special course on Levels 10-12 would benefit many instructors and students. I am looking forward to this special course and having another great "WOW" experience if accepted

With Shaolin Salute,
                  Lee Wei Joo
                  Last edited by LeeWeiJoo; 3 July 2017, 11:42 AM.
                  http://shaolinwahnammalaysia.com/

Comment

Special Course

Dear family,

I am very pleased and greatful, Sifu had decided to offer the Special Weapons Course one more time, especially when he had experesed his disatisfaction on the response from instructors at the time. Lucky for those who did took the opportunity, like brother Tim and others, they can take it once again and sharpen their skills even more.

From what I understand, that Course was offered in 2009, so I was not able to take part in it. I was accepted as student by Sifu on November of that year, so this time I will definetively take this opportunity for it must probably never come again. If an offer this generous is refused a third time, we are not deserving at all.

Looking forward to see you in Penang next year!
                    [/SIGPIC] Sifu Ángel Pérez
                    Shaolin Wahnam Institute Puerto Rico

"Life becomes more meaningful and beautiful as you work towards the realization of your own innate immortality."
                    - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

"La vida se vuelve más significativa y hermosa según trabajas hacia la realización de tu propia innata inmortalidad."
                    - Gran Maestro Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

In the words of Michael Jackson...

You and I must make a pact
                      We must bring salvation back
                      Where there is love, I'll be there (I'll be there)
                      I'll reach out my hand to you
                      I'll have faith in all you do
                      Just call my name and I'll be there (I'll be there)
                      Tim Franklin

www.zenarts.co.uk Classes and Courses for Shaolin Kung Fu, Taijiquan and Qigong in Bognor Regis, Chichester, West Sussex

UK Summer Camp Qigong, Taijiquan, Shaolin Kung Fu, Spiritual Cultivation with Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

sigpic

Comment

Multiple opponent video link

Have a look at this link for multiple opponent videos:

http://shaolin.org/video-clips-5/com.../glimpses.html
                        Tim Franklin

sigpic

Comment

Hi Leo,

I may have made an oops! I was thinking the Multiple Opponent course was going to be in December 2018, not around August time. If it is in July or August it may be difficult for me to come as it would be too near the time taken off for the UK Summer Camp and also my family holidays.
                          Tim Franklin

sigpic

Comment

Hey Tim,

A whole summer of training and familiy holidays sounds like a lot of fun though!

Best wishes,

Leo
                            Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Shaolin Wahnam Wien & Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

Whilst it does sound fun Leo, there are also time and financial restrictions, unfortunately.
                              Tim Franklin

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X