Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Wahnam Chi Kung Healing

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

if anyone have time and is looking for some conversation, please be so kind and share your opinion with the thread and us all.

if there would be a Chi Kung Healing course ever again, would you like to attend it? If yes why, if no why?

I think a course on Chi Kung Healing is very unlikely and not high in priority because not many people are interested or brave enough to be Chi Kung Healers.

Would you have time and interest to work on it?

Would the treatment be on you, your students (if you are at least an instructor), friends and family or on strangers?

Would Chi Kung Healing (treatment) be important for you?

I believe that our Chi Kung Healing will be the medicine of the future. I don't mean to be presumptuous, it is not any chi kung healing, but Chi Kung Healing from our school. No other schools today can claim that Chi Kung Healing can overcome any diseases. What's your opinion about it?

I remember Sigung answered once a question about Chi Kung Healing with something like:

Those attending a course on Chi Kung Healing does not mean that they will be appointed Chi Kung Healers. I was quite generous before, but this time I shall be quite strict in choosing Shaolin Wahnam Chi Kung Healers.

Please be so kind and share your opinion with us all!

With Shaolin salute,
    Dimitri
    When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
    When the student is truly ready, the teacher will disappear.

-Lao Tzu-

My Vision of How I Would Use Chi Kung Healing

Dear Dimitri Siheng,

This is a great topic, and I'm glad that you started a thread on it. My Simui Reija has also voiced her desire to learn Chi Kung Healing for personal use. I'll try to get her to post here.

Here's the link to the previous Chi Kung Healing course page, so that everyone can see in detail what may be taught in the future.

Originally posted by Dimitri View Post
    If there would be a Chi Kung Healing course ever again, would you like to attend it? If yes why, if no why?
    Some of my fellow students have asked me if I have taken the Chi Kung Healing course already, and they have also spoken highly of it. Of course, such word of mouth is plenty to pique my interest.

I see three types of main benefit coming from the Chi Kung Healing course:

A) it improves my personal Chi Kung practice,
    B) it improves my personal Kungfu practice,
    C) it trains me how to skillfully use and manipulate chi.

I would rate the option C as the current best reason why to go for it, as the course is the only professional training Sigung offers that would qualify me to conduct scienfitic studies with chi/energy and plant life. So, yes, I would definitely have the time and interest for it.

Would the treatment be on you, your students (if you are at least an instructor), friends and family or on strangers?
    I mostly view the course as an opportunity to become a more skilled and balanced person. I probably could also benefit from some treatment during the course, but it remains to be seen how much of my health problems remain at the time of the course.

As I'm currently still recovering my internal injury and not being the exact epitome of good health, I would not qualify anyway for being a professional healer, so possibly missing the healer certification is not an issue. Also, I certainly would not like to have my daily income depend on a professional healing practice! In my view, Chi Kung Healers are most efficient when they demonstrate the full capacity of the arts they practice and manage to convince people to pick up a regular Chi Kung regime from our School.

Would Chi Kung Healing (treatment) be important for you?
    Yes, absolutely. I see the opportunity of learning Chi Kung Healing as the best means to help the world through innovating new uses of energy arts. First it needs to be studied systematically and throughout before it may become a convincing and safe art for public use, but I already have a good plan to accomplish this.

I believe that our Chi Kung Healing will be the medicine of the future. I don't mean to be presumptuous, it is not any chi kung healing, but Chi Kung Healing from our school. No other schools today can claim that Chi Kung Healing can overcome any diseases. What's your opinion about it?
    The cost-effectiveness of our regular training is already enough to convince me that your statement is true.

With sincere respect,
    Olli
    Last edited by understanding; 15 June 2017, 08:17 AM. Reason: I misunderstood a question.

Comment

Shaolin arts

Hello Dimitri,

thank you for raising interesting questions.
      I’ll do my best to answer them, and I’d like to highlight, that these are my personal opinions, and not stated as something all of our SW schools or instructors should do or think.

1. if there would be a Chi Kung Healing course ever again, would you like to attend it? If yes why, if no why?

Yes, I’d love to attend an Chi Kung Healing course, since I have never attended one.
      I think the course would give a deeper understanding of the Shaolin arts and in healing particularly.

2. I think a course on Chi Kung Healing is very unlikely and not high in priority because not many people are interested or brave enough to be Chi Kung Healers.

I think there actually is an interest for Chi Kung Healing, but it is also true that not many are ready for such a commitment. Most of the Chi Kung Healers do other healing systems on the side and only use Shaolin Chi Kung Healing partly, not as the main method.
      There are also those instructors in our school who use only Shaolin Chi Kung healing, with great results, and I have great respect for them.

Yes, I would have time and interest to work on it.
      But I do not want to be a full time Chi Kung Healer. I much rather teach weekly classes in the Shaolin arts, Shaolin kungfu, Taijiquan and Shaolin chi kung.
      My personal view is that by having weekly classes I reach much more people, than if I were to give one-on-one sessions in healing.
      We in Shaolin Nordic (Sifu Markus and I) teach four to five classes a week, with 30-50 students. Our student numbers are increasing steadily.
      I feel that Shaolin Chi Kung classes (as well as kungfu classes) are a great way to give people the tools to heal themselves. We have many students that have overcome problems from small health problems to issues that western medicine believes to be incurable.

Because my own main passion and interest lies in Shaolin kungfu, this is of course something I want to focus on. Our main goal is to bring back the glory of kungfu, as a living martial art, with students being able to use kungfu for fighting well, as well as being healthy and happy. Especially in Taijiquan the level in ridiculously low here in Finland. We have a lot of work.

3. Would the treatment be on you, your students (if you are at least an instructor), friends and family or on strangers?

I have already successfully used Shaolin Chi Kung for my own personal healing, so the focus would be on deepening my skills as an instructor.
      Most of our family practices the Shaolin arts. Some friends practice, some friends are a bit more sceptic. I think that the best solution is to leave all doors open. When the need arises, all you have to do is walk through the door and start practicing.

4. Would Chi Kung Healing (treatment) be important for you?

Yes it would. Not in treatment for myself, but in skill.

5. I believe that our Chi Kung Healing will be the medicine of the future. I don't mean to be presumptuous, it is not any chi kung healing, but Chi Kung Healing from our school. No other schools today can claim that Chi Kung Healing can overcome any diseases. What's your opinion about it?

I think there is a rising awareness even in the west of the importance of mind in regards to health and a more holistic approach to health and wellbeing. At the same time, healthcare and medication are a very large business, that brings companies such an amount of money, that I don’t think many are ready to start to encourage people using tools like chi kung as the main method for maintaining and regaining health. At least not yet. I think the change will come from the common people, who will get sick of being afraid of sickness and want to take the responsibility in their own hands.

I think it is true, that genuine chi kung is rare, and what we teach in our Shaolin Wahnam even rarer still.
      Sifu has said many times that the arts we practice are elite arts, not necessarily for everyone. But I am sure there is a great need for these arts, and the spreading of them.

If Shaolin Chi Kung were the mainstream healthcare, what kind of world would it be? It's an intresting vision.

Best wishes,

Nessa
      Last edited by Nessa; 15 June 2017, 12:17 PM.
      Nessa Kahila
      Shaolin Nordic Finland
      Instructor
      nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Qigong healing is a subject on which my opinion has changed multiple times over the years. During my honeymoon period of being a new student in Shaolin Wahnam, I felt that I absolutely had to learn it to benefit myself and others. Later on, especially as I realized how delicate and intricate the knowledge could be, to say nothing of the energy management skills demanded, I turned more towards the idea of, "I should make sure I am healthy myself first, and that I can even do basic things like using kung fu before I even think of advanced usages of internal force." Several years of ambivalency later, and then attending the Cosmos Palm course, qigong healing is back in my mind.

If a qigong healing course were offered, I would like to attend it. I am fine with minor aches, bumps, or kung fu training injuries, but more complex cases (say, a patient shows up with jaundice, abdominal pain, and confusion), that's beyond my comfort level. Gaining the confidence and knowledge to handle sophisticated cases would be my main objective in attending such a course.

Regarding the interest and bravery in becoming a qigong healer, much less the skill in becoming a healer, when I first came to Shaolin Wahnam, I remember people sharing anecdotes and sayings such as, "Don't even think of being a healer until you have been training for ten or more years" and "To be a healer requires extremely high level skills to serve your patient as well as protect yourself." Time and time again, it was emphasized how easy it was to hurt your patient if your skills were not top-notch. I remember my previous sifu (who has since left Shaolin Wahnam) mentioning that Sifu could be very "stingy" with sharing his healing skills in "the old days," not because he necessarily wanted to be, but to make sure that people had met his standard of energy management skills, theoretical knowledge, and so forth before trusting them with healing skills. To give you an idea of what it takes to become a medical doctor with a full medical license in the United States, it's a minimum of 11 years, often more if you choose to pursue surgical and specialization training. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it takes a similar commitment to become an excellent qigong healer. I don't know how the heart to heart transmission which is a mainstay of Sifu's teaching might change this amount of time, if at all, so I won't comment on that here.

To learn healing of any sort one heck of a commitment and I doubt it's something that someone should just pursue as a wishy-washy side hobby. Unlike a "hobby" such as kung fu (where Sifu even nowadays continues to state that many people are not training correctly and following his instructions on how to use sequence level sparring, which he has quite literally been instructing his students both in public and private to do for at least the past twenty years; the Q&A was "born" in 1997, after all), healing impacts not just one self, but the health of another, and often enough the delicate situation of working on the health of someone who is not themselves healthy. After all, someone who is above a certain threshold of health can just practice qigong on their own after being initiated by a teacher.

Frankly speaking, why would Sifu waste his time teaching a high level, sophisticated, and "high stakes" art if he's not absolutely sure that people are willing to appropriately train a low stakes hobby? That'd be like a mathematics teacher holding off on teaching calculus because his students cannot even do basic sums. I am sure there are many disciples in Shaolin Wahnam who are "ready" to learn healing, but whether or not enough of them are available and willing to attend at the same time and in the same place for a qigong healing course remains to be seen.
        I like making silly videos (including kung fu ones!) every so often on YouTube and taking pictures of weird things on Instagram.

Comment

If Sigung will be willing to teach this precious art ever again I would love to attend it.

I was quite surprised couple of times when healing happened spontaneously. With the right method and knowledge it can be an amazing tool to heal oneself and with right training - others.

The necessary training would naturally become a part of the daily practice.

I really hope it will be possible to learn this art from Sigung one day in the future,

Comment

Thank you for posing this question brother.

I would certainly like to attend a chi kung healing course should Sifu run it again in future, and if the time is right I will be able to attend. I have been attracted to it the last two times but the first time was too early in my journey and the second time I didn't take advantage of the opportunity due to a silly error.

I am interested to learn and practice chi kung healing - for myself, my family and for others. I believe in the statement "Healer, heal thyself" and feel I am on this journey. I also believe it will deepen and broaden my chi kung practice and continue to expand my mind.

My opinion about chi kung healing being able to cure any diseases is that I agree with that statement in principle, based on my current level of understanding and evidence of remarkable healings facilitated by Sifu and many healers in our school. Yet chi kung healing (or any healing) may not always be successful if the patient doesn't wish to be cured, whether consciously or unconsciously. I can no longer assume - as I once did - that just because healing is possible, everyone in the world would want to be healed. That said, for those that desire to heal, chi kung healing is awesome.
            With love and Shaolin salute /o

"Your purpose in life is to find your purpose & give your whole heart and soul to it." - Buddha

Gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.

Comment

I also express my interest in attending a Chi Kung Healing Course if it is ever offered again.

Sifu was very kind and generous accepting being interviewed when he was teaching in Alicante this past May. The purpose of this interview was to help to promote Chi Kung Healing to Chi Kung Healers in the School. Sifu states in this interview the difference between Chi Kung Practice and Chi Kung Healing. That is why I decided to place the interview in this thread.

Sifu expressed his interest in using this interview worldwide by Chi Kung Healers in the school. If any Chi Kung Healer would like me to send him/her the whole interview in Raw Version please contact me and I will happily do so. You can upload it on your Youtube/Vimeo Channel, include your logo if you wish or use it in any way you consider best.

Also, there are other useful ways to help spreading this interview worldwide. One way would be by translating it into your language (I already have Spanish) and will be included in the video I just shared with you.

So, if you would like to contribute spreading this interview it would be wonderful. If you wish to collaborate with a translation please contact me and I will share with you the instructions.

Youtube is the 2nd most visited Website in the world so it is a very powerful marketing source. The more languages the interview has, the more visibility it will have in other countries.

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Hi Uncle Santi,

Thanks for sharing the video. It looks like the video has not been set to allow community translations/subtitles.

Big Hug,
                Andrew
                Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew R View Post
                  Hi Uncle Santi,

Thanks for sharing the video. It looks like the video has not been set to allow community translations/subtitles.

Big Hug,
                  Andrew
                  Dear Andrew Sidai, thanks for pointing that out. If you try now, you should be able do it.

I forgot to mention that Instructors can of course use this interview (or any part of it) too for their marketing purposes if they wish to.

For the Instructors and Chi Kung Healers who speak Spanish, you can use the translated Interview that has been posted in the Spanish Section:

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Hello Dimitri,

First I would like to thank you for this publication. It has been a few months since you made it, but I would like to contribute to your questions and give it continuity, even if some time has passed:

Questions 1 and 5:

-Personally, I am very interested in attending a new healing course and I would not miss it if the opportunity is given.

I think there are many people in the world with problems that they would really like to improve and solve, but they just don't know how to do it. To be able to offer the possibility of recovering to those who really want it, seems a great purpose to me and a really valuable contribution for both: for the experience of the person who can even save his/her own life and for the experience of the healer.
                    The cumulative effect of several similar experiences around the world, even if they are a few compared to the entire global population, I think that could generate important changes in our societies and have an impact that could expand more and more with time.

Due to the great efficiency and power that we all recognize in Shaolin Wahnam arts, that Sifu has so generously shared with us, I think that it's possible that in time we could achieve a happier and healthier humanity that brings benefits for all of us in all aspects of our lives.
                    I agree with you that it could be the medicine of the future. Also because from my perception I see how more and more people who don`t find a solution to their health problems in the conventional way are looking for other "alternatives". Although I don't think it is the majority, but I do believe that interest in finding solutions is growing.

Question 2:

-Yes, i would like to work on it and committing myself of having the time and offer the best of myself.
                    I think is a great responsibility and not everyone is in the position or circumstance of wanting to do it or even to be able to do it. Maybe because sometimes we have other priorities to attend before being able to offer support to others or also because it simply is not within the personal interest range to do so.

Question 3:

-I would like to share it with everyone who truly has a desire to improve.
                    In my personal experience when I have spoken to others (relatives, friends, acquaintances or strangers) of the benefits of the internal arts of our school, I have found that it can be exhausting to try to convince others that are not prepared or simply don't have interest. It took me a while to really realize that for that reason there are meritorious students. That's why i think it's essential to offer it to anyone who really shows interest and commitment, especially those who have a serious illness.

Question 4:

-Yes, it would be important for me. I would like very much to learn it from Sifu and improve my ability to support others.

Best regards,

Paz

Comment

Working...
                    X