Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dantian

Hi
    I work the qi gong exercises 8 brocades for a month.
    I’ve been thinking about dantien all day…
    Why is this happening to me?
    I can not stop thinking about dantien.
    This is happening to me in the last three days.
    Is it dangerous to think about Dantien a whole day?
    Thanks for answer!
    Last edited by Eda; 19 May 2017, 03:38 PM.

Dear Eda,

While I am not a Shaolin Wahnam Healer or Instructor, here are a few importants tips concerning all internal arts: don't worry, don't intellectualize, and enjoy your practice.

How is the mind resting at your dan tian making you feel?

If you are feeling fine with that and otherwise too, then there is absolutely no reason to worry. Even if there is something causing a concern, worrying about anything will not solve the problem. This is a certain fact.

I am not sure what you mean by "thinking about dantien". Are you actively directing your mind to it, or does your mind naturally move there on its own?

If your mind naturally finds rest at your dan tian, I believe it's a good sign. My seniors will soon correct me if I'm wrong on this one.

With sincere respect,
    Olli

Comment

I actively direct my mind to Dantien, does not rest naturally

Here, when I read your message, my thoughts suddenly turn to the dantien.

And it lasts all day.

Before that did not happen to me.

He directed only at the end of the qi gong exercise and later did not think about dantien.

In the last 3 days all day time thinking about dantien ??

I use google translate!
      I hope you understand my message.

Comment

Dear Eda,

May I ask why are you learning Chi Kung on your own?

There are many good reasons why learning Chi Kung or any internal art by yourself isn't recommended. You might not be morally and spiritually ready to face good results which might initially seem unsettling. Spiritual masters help their disciples overcome strange and difficult experiences. You certainly lack the skills of pacing and philosophy in Chi Kung, as you don't know where you are now. Is that wise? You went driving in a foreign country and now you feel lost.

You might do yourself a disservice if you continue with learning and practicing by yourself. Please keep that in your consideration.

Are you feeling good and healthy in general? Your description so far doesn't indicate anything wrong with you in my opinion.

Even if something feels strange, it might not be harmful. However, worrying may cause harm. It's important that you don't worry and intellectualize.

With sincere respect,
        Olli

Comment

I would love to learn from a teacher but I come from a small place where little is known about qi gong.
          In my place there is no teacher where I live.
          I only have internet and video where I can find out about qi gong.
          I'm very interested in qi gong but sadness I do not have the opportunity to learn from an experienced one.
          I worked only 8 Brocades Exercises without any visualization, just a physical aspect of the exercise.
          At the end of the exercise concentration on dantien.only that.I'll take your advice dont worry,Do not intellectualize...Thanks for your answers!

Comment

Dear Eda

Just for fun I searched on Google for the 8 Brocades ... amongst the first videos I found, there were some showing the exercises in a way that will likely harm somebody if they copy them.
            The Internet is a fantastic source of information, but unless you have some experience in Qigong, it will be difficult to tell what information is genuine and what is not.

I don't know what videos or books you use, but I would advise you against trying to learn Qigong from the Internet. Even if the video shows the form correctly, which might not be the case, there is still a big risk, that you make mistakes when copying it.
            Thus the risk of harming yourself is in my opinion bigger than the chance that you are getting any benefits. What you describe about "not beeing able to stop thinking about the dantian" just confirms this.

Regarding your problem:
            You say that at the end of the exercise you "concentrate" on the dantian. Stop doing this. Just enjoy the form of the exercise, don't add anything.
            And you say "I actively direct my mind to Dantien, does not rest naturally" - if you actively direct your mind, then just actively stop doing it ; ) .

Two books I would recommend, if you want to learn more about Qigong

From Bosnia-Herzegovina, Europe is not to far. I don't know if you can travel, but in two weeks there are

Best regards
            Andrea
            Last edited by Andrea; 19 May 2017, 09:29 PM.
            Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
            Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

I felt progress.
              I've been running qigong about 2 months.
              Everything was fine
              Up to 3 days ago
              When this happened to me.

Is there an exercise so simple that everyone can do about qi gong to recommend me.
              Which will not do the damage if it is done and is wrong.
              So would like to learn qi gong.
              But I do not have the opportunity to learn from an experienced teacher.

I'll take the advice and stop working 8 brocades.
              Thanks for answers Andrea!Best regards
              Last edited by Eda; 19 May 2017, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Dear Eda,

You have done well for promising to stop practicing on your own.

Originally posted by Eda View Post
                Is there an exercise so simple that everyone can do about qi gong to recommend me.
                But I do not have the opportunity to learn from an experienced teacher.
                Sifu Andrea gave you two excellent book recommendations. They are written by a genuine master who knows exactly what he is teaching and writing. However, my personal experience is that learning from a book is difficult and not a proper substitute for finding a real teacher. I simply gained no benefit from trying my best with one of these two books.

You might start observing the Ten Shaolin Laws while you wait for a good opportunity to learn from a master in person. It is excellent preparation for anything to be morally upright.

You can also pray to God or Heaven or the Supreme Good, depending on what is your religious background, so that you ask for an eventual opportunity to learn safely and well. It is good to remember that goodness is rewarded with goodness, even if how it works remains a mystery.

Dear Andrea Sije,

Thank you for correcting my estimation and helping out Eda. My discernment is still clearly lacking. It is indeed one of the basic tenets of all helpful and beneficial practice that the exponent remains in comfortable control, especially in everyday life, which is unfortunately not the case now.

With sincere respect,
                Olli

Comment

OK thanks understanding

Comment

How i stopped working 8 brocades
                    I stopped thinking about dantien

I will read books about qigong and watching the video
                    Because it fascinates me
                    But I'm not going to do the exercises myself

thanks again
                    best regards
                    Last edited by Eda; 21 May 2017, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Dear Eda

There is a Kungfu saying: "When the stundent is ready, the Master appears"

Enjoy reading the books and keep looking. What seems impossible now might suddenly become possible, so that you can learn genuine Qigong from a Master.
                      If you read the books from Sigung (Grandmaster Wong), there are some exercises described which you can practice safely as long as you do it exactly as it is explained and don't add anything.

Warm regards from Switzerland
                      Andrea

Comment

Dear Olli

No worries . You tried to help.

I would say there is a difference whether somebody has taken a course in our school or if the one who asks, trains in another school or by him-/herself. When somebody has learned from our school, even if they have forgotten much, they still have received the transmission of skills. They also had an experience of what the art feels like and of the benefits one gets. Sharing our own experience if it is relevant can help.

When somebody has trained in another school, the teaching they have received, the methods and expected progress will often be different. If they wish to remain in their own school, it might be best if they ask their own teacher. We can still discuss and compare the principles, practice and benefits of Qigong of course and give our point of view. This might help them to get another perspective.

When somebody has not learned from a Master and tries to learn from books, articles and/or Internet videos, the risk of practicing wrongly is much bigger than the chance that they get it right. Thus if there is any indication of something going wrong... my advice will be to stop and find a genuine Master.

Best regards
                        Andrea

Comment

I'm working on Smiling from the heart

It's a beautiful exercise

And do not need a teacher

Comment

Originally posted by Eda View Post
                            I'm working on Smiling from the heart
                            It's a beautiful exercise
                            Yes it is You got the essence there .

Comment

Working...
                            X