Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Wire.

Hello Everyone,

I've been practicing Iron Wire, and I have a question. I learnt the set in 2012. And I have continued to practice it off and on since then. I would like to intensify the training (to increase power). Should I increase the number of repetitions of the set? (currently 1 to 3 times a day). What would have Wong Fei Hoong done? (to accomplish this goal?-to increase the internal power?)

Respectfully,

Sham.
    Last edited by Guest; 29 March 2017, 09:18 AM.

Hi Sham,

Great to hear from you.

In my opinion the key is continous practice. Keep on practicing it every day. If you are currently starting again, practice only one section, adding another one every few weeks. Then also focus on force training in only one or two sections, while practicing the other sections leisurely. After some time you can practice the whole set with focus on internal force training, while gradually adjusting to the new amounts of force.

I don't think there is any need to do another repetition of the wohle set, as the onus of our practice is quality, not quantity, and being aware of possible over-training.

I don't think Wong Fei Hoong was in the same position like we are. He most probably relied on repetition, repetition, repetition, like most masters in the past and now did.

Enjoy your training!

Best wishes,

Leo
    Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Shaolin Wahnam Wien & Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

Hi Leo,

It's good to hear from you too.
      Thank you for the clear direction, I'll give it a go.

Sham.

Comment

Hey Sham,

When Sifu first taught the set in Finland in 2010, his instruction was as follows:

The Iron Wire Set is very powerful. Be careful not to overtrain. If you practice the set, practice it only once a day, and drop other force training methods so as not to train too much.

Better to undertrain than to overtrain. Rather be healthy and forceful, than sick and forceful.

This, I believe, is what Wong Fei Hoong would have done.

Best wishes,
        Markus Kahila
        Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Hi Sham!

I'm sure all has been well since the legacy.

I find one rep to be sufficient for me. Though if I want to have fun and use the patterns of Iron Wire for combat application, or use the 12 bridges force expressions to enhance my other techniques then it might expand my "Iron Wire" training.

Take care,
          David
          Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

Like the others have said, safety first Sham. Iron Wire is crazy powerful

Best wishes
            Mark

Comment

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Comment

Working...
              X