Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hint #3

Thanks Chas! Feel free to join the fun

...and now for something completely different; hint #3 is in form of a short, freeform poem:

"
    Hearing but worn toes
    inhale
    touch the king far
    "

Best wishes,
    Markus Kahila
    Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Hint #4

Here's hint #4.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Best wishes,
      Markus Kahila
      Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Dear Shaolin Nordic Family,

Following the advice of Sun Tzu, I will first collect all possible information before making my guess. Yes, I'll wait until even my bones feel sure of the answer. But, I very much like this playful thread. Looking forward to more puzzle pieces.

Andrew
        Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

Comment

Hint #5

Ok, let's start off the week with a brand new hint:

Have a great Monday, everybody!

Best wishes,
          Markus Kahila
          Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Old man, great teacher.

Originally posted by Markus Kahila View Post
            Ok, let's start off the week with a brand new hint:

Have a great Monday, everybody!

Best wishes,
            Oh, a great taoist master which demonstrated his own set's in public...in a sloppiness way...
            When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
            When the student is truly ready, the teacher will disappear.

-Lao Tzu-

Comment

one of three......

Just Love this thread Markus.

Ok it's just a starting point –
              Shaolin Kung Fu :
              Sun (Soon) Style Taijiquan – Invented by Sun Lu Tang in the early 20th century, the secrets that are hidden in the open by purposely distorting the three fighting arts of Baguazhang, Xingyiquan and Wu Styles.

- Chi Kung ?
              - Zen ? : Still working on these two!

Will add later

/O
              James :
              Last edited by James L; 4 April 2017, 03:21 AM.
              Aaahhhhh!

Comment

Next Bit

Shaolin Kung Fu
                Sun (Soon) Style Taijiquan – Invented by Sun Lu Tang in the early 20th century, the secrets that are hidden in the open by purposely distorting the fighting arts of Baguazhang, Xingyiquan and Wu Styles.

Zen
                Bodhidharmaa acknowledges Hui Ke the Second Patriarch of Zen as he makes the snow turn red.
                Zen; calming the troubled mind and the Art of doing for the Shaolin Wahnam Arts and everyday living and grasping the Mind at the Heart. The Concept of “Sum seong si seng” translated as “heart thinks events materialize” through the art of Noble Thinking.

One More to go!
                - Chi Kung ?

/O
                James
                Last edited by James L; 4 April 2017, 05:28 AM.
                Aaahhhhh!

Comment

Hinta #6

We're having great fun reading all your replies! Keep at it, the hints will keep on coming.

Here's my personal favourite. This has had me chuckling to myself for the last few days:

Best wishes,
                  Markus Kahila
                  Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Amended

Mmmm, will have another go later, but here's a few!

Shaolin Kung Fu
                    Sun (Soon) Style Taijiquan – Invented by Sun Lu Tang in the early 20th century, the secrets that are hidden in the open by purposely distorting the fighting arts of Baguazhang, Xingyiquan and Wu Styles.

Zen
                    Bodhidharmaa acknowledges Hui Ke the Second Patriarch of Zen as he makes the snow turn red. Zen; calming the troubled mind and the Art of doing for the Shaolin Wahnam Arts and everyday living.

Chi Kung Bit of a long shot this one!
                    Cosmic Shower with emphasis from Ho Fat Nam's Grasping the Mind at the Heart and the art of Noble Thinking.

/O
                    James
                    Aaahhhhh!

Comment

Erm, Grasping the Sparrows kneecap?

Originally posted by Markus Kahila View Post
                      We're having great fun reading all your replies! Keep at it, the hints will keep on coming.

Here's my personal favourite. This has had me chuckling to myself for the last few days:

[ATTACH]7538[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7539[/ATTACH]

Best wishes,
                      Aaahhhhh!

Comment

Ok I'm purely speculating at this point;

Kung Fu:
                        The Shaolin Five Elders :

Bak Mei (Pei Mei) / Bak Mei Dou Yan / 白眉道人 / 白眉道人
                        Ji Sin (Gee Sin/Chee Seen) / Ji Sin Sim Si / 至善禪師 / 至善禅师
                        Ng Mui / Ng Mui Daai Si / 五梅大師 / 五梅大师
                        Fung Dou Dak (Foong Tuo Tuck) / Fung Dou Dak / 馮道德 / 冯道德
                        Miu Hin (Miu Hein) / Miu Hin / 苗顯 / 苗显

Just plucking something here from Sigungs website that may be useful;
                        Another grandmaster who escaped the razing of this Southern Shaolin Monastery was Jiang Nan. He was comparatively not known in Chinese kungfu literature because he ran out of China. About 50 years later at the Thai-Malaysian border he taught the Shaolin arts to Yang Fatt Khun, who later taught Ho Fatt Nam, my Shaolin master. (The lineage of my other Shaolin master, Uncle Righteousness, is traced back to Chee Seen.)

Sigung Link: http://shaolin.org/answers/ans03a/may03-3.html

/O
                        Last edited by James L; 4 April 2017, 08:06 AM.
                        Aaahhhhh!

Comment

There are good and great guesses so far!
                          Remember that all guesses are taken into consideration, so don't make too many wrong guesses.

There are more hints to come!

We are looking forward to seeing who gets the guesses right.

Best wishes,

Nessa
                          Nessa Kahila
                          Shaolin Nordic Finland
                          Instructor
                          nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

I'm reminded of the Shaolin Art of Birth Control
                            Sifu Andrew Barnett
                            Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
                            Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
                            Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Hint #7

Hint #7, here we go! We're halfway there, hang on...

Best wishes,
                              Markus Kahila
                              Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Thank you, Markus, for the interesting thread. It truly has been a joy to read.

Here are my guesses:

Chi Kung

There will be three courses: 'Generating Chi Flow,' 'Sinew Metamorphosis,' and 'Merging with the Cosmos.'

'Generating Chi Flow' is the standard course to allow beginner be initiated and experts to hone their skills.

'Sinew Metamorphosis' came to mind as I saw hint #1. It is one of the arts the Great Bodhidarma taught his disciple, Hui Ke, while meditating in the cave.

'Merging with the Cosmos' came to mind as I saw hint #7. This seems to be an excellent progression from the internal force development from 'Sinew Metamorphosis.'

Kungfu

'Qing Gong, or Art of Lightness' is my guess. Hint #2 reminded me of the story of Sigung Ho and his Qing Gong Master. Hint #5 confirmed my guess as the great Baguazhang and Xingyiquan master, Su Lu Tang, was also known for his Qing Gong abilities.

Zen

'Clarity of Mind and the Art of Problem-Solving' is my guess for the Zen portion of the Shaolin Winter Camp. Believe it or not, Hint #6 gave me this idea. The pictures posted are screen-captures from the 1997 film, 'Hoong Hei Goon (洪熙官)' or 'Executioners from Shaolin' as titled in English. His newly-wed wife, Wing Choon (or Yong Chun in Mandarin), refused to copulate unless he could separate her legs. Despite Hoong Hei Goon's strength, he was unable to separate them as Wing Choon was also an kungfu expert and very good at doing Goat-Riding Stance. He used ingenuity and problem-solving skills instead of brute force to overcome the problem.

Thanks once again and best of luck to all the guessers,
                                Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X