Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Winter Camp 2018 competition

Markus Kahila is offline Sifu Markus Kahila - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Finland
    'Really Drunken Kung Fu' Course
    - Also known as the "Being Finnish" -course

Best wishes,
    Markus Kahila
    Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Nessa is offline Sifu Nessa Kahila - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Finland

Winter Camp competition

Dear family and visitors,

There is only a week left on the competition! So if you wish to participate, now is the time!

Best wishes,

Nessa
    Nessa Kahila
    Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Even if I think that I have not idea, i will try:

Kung Fu:

Five differente styles of Kung Fu and the strategies of fighting agains experts of the respectives arts. Xing Yi Quan, Monkey Kung Fu, Dragon Kung Fu, 50 Sequence of Eagle Claw plus Ho family Flowing Water Staff.

Course participants will choose one style and practice distilled sequences of the style created by Sigung. In the course participants will learn and practice the chosen sequences with a proper fighting strategy against the style of other participants.

My to this: At the end of the course the participants will engage in a Ten Tigers Competitions using the respective styles.

Ho Family Water Staff to practices the high levels of our Kung Fu Wahnam Syllabus: Unarmed against Armen (with staff) and Unarmed and Armed against Multiple Armed (also against armed with Staff)

Chikung:

Small Universe (I am getting crazy :-O ) or at least Cosmic Breathing to increase pick performance in Kung Fu and in daily life.

Zen:

Sitting Meditation

Adding a guess

Oh! Oh! Oh!... I was even thinking of one hint I found interesting but extremely difficult. The Hint 12. Then I had like an "illuminating" moment. I went to Sigung┤s home page and typed "57". The search sent me to a list of results there it was. The name of Sifu Markus in the 4th place: Videoclips series of UK Summer Camp 2010, Sisook Markus performing dragon forms spontaneously while in chi flow. Here the link: http://shaolin.org/video-clips-5/tri...k-07/uk57.html

In the course that day students practiced the Triple Strech Set for force training and combat applications.

Then I my conclusion is, the styles to be taught are:

Xing Yi Quan
    50 Sequences of Eagle Claw
    (these two clearly to see in the hint 10 -- the statue of general Yue Fei)
    Monkey Kung Fu (hint 8)

Dragon Kung Fu ( a couple of hints)

and Triple Strech

So I will keep my guess as before but adding the Triple Strech to it.

And now I am done :-D

Greetings to everybody

Markus Kahila is offline Sifu Markus Kahila - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Finland
    Ok, everyone - three more days left! This friday is the last day for entering your answers - on Monday 15th, we'll announce the courses and the competition winners.

Best wishes,
    Markus Kahila
    Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Let's have a go then :)

Dear Markus Sipak, Dear All,

Many thanks for offering a fun thread, and a very generous competition prize!

My guesses:

1.Chi Kung: A Selection of Exercises from The Five Categories of Chi Kung: Medical (5 animal play selection), Health (Vitality Chi Kung - 18 Lohan Arts), Martial (Zhan Zhuang), Scholarly (Art of Wisdom), and Spiritual (Abdominal Breathing, Standing Meditation).

2. Kung Fu Morning: Cho Gar Wing Chun Tiger Crane Combination Set, Evening: The Legendary Six and a Half Point Staff

3. Zen: Enlightenment in an Instant (Koans?)

Warmly,

Max

That's all, folks!

...aaand with that, we close our competition!

Hold on to your horses, on Monday we make the announcement for Winter Camp 2018 courses and competition winners!

Best wishes,
    Markus Kahila
    Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Competition results

Hello friends!

Finally the time has come to announce our competition winners!

First off, we'd like to thank everybody who've posted - holding this competition has been an absolute blast. We've had loads of fun reading your answers, jokes and input on this thread, and also we feel it has been a great learning opportunity for all involved.

The courses are announced on the official Winter Camp 2018 -thread here. So, without further ado, here are the results:

3rd price
    Free attendance to the Breathing Methods in Shaolin Chi Kung -course
    - Dimitri

2nd price
    Free attendance to the Meditation in Shaolin Zen -course
    - Davy

1st price
    Free attendance to one Shaolin Winter Camp 2018 course of your choosing!
    - Andrew R

Honorable mentions:

Fabianne

Karol

James L

Contributing factors were how close your answer was, how many wrong guesses you had made, how close others had gotten before your answer, and how creative your solution was.

Even though the competition is now over, we'll be posting the explanations to all of the hints so as to keep learning and keep having fun.

Looking forward to seeing all of you next year in Lapland! 2018 can't get here fast enough...

All the best,
    Last edited by Markus Kahila; 15th May 2017 at 09:54 AM.
    Markus Kahila
    Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

"Pretty good" courses I might say. Getting to train for this event next autumn will already be awesome, thus preparing for beyond awesome early next year...!

Also, hearty congratulations to all the winners!

With sincere respect,
    Olli
    On my way to understanding the greatness of gratitude.
    Thank you Sifu, Sigung, and Past Masters!

Dear Murkus Sisook (you keep calling me Fabianne, I shall return the favour !)

Awwww, SO CLOSE! I shall wear the honorable mention with a small hint of disappointment, but more importantly, with pride! This competition was so much fun!
    BIG CONGRATS to all the winners !

Warm greetings,
    Fabienne