Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After six months of 72 Arts of Shaolin Kungfu course

Dear Family,

after the amazing course Sigung taught in Helsinki in August last year, I had the chance to speak with Karrol at the airport before flying back home. We had the crazy idea of meeting again some time after practicing regularly what we learnt (six months after or so) just to see how our progress looked like. We wanted to posted some videos or pictures of our training here in order to share it with all the family members. Now I don't know if somebody else continued practicing the three arts we learnt (except for Karrol who already can break a brick with bare hands). For the others, I would encourage you all to make some videos and to post them here. It would be of benefit for others and also very fun!

This is my little contribution. It shows my progress in practicing the art of Marvelous Fist. I am not sure but I guess that there are around 50 centimeters between the fist and the candle:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

(The video is vertical instead horizontal as it should be. It means you have it as it was taken. Sorry for this!)

Enjoy it!

P.S. Not to forget: Big thanks to Markus and Nessa for the organization of the courses! You organized an outstanding course which gives us benefits beyond everything conceivable!

Shaolin Salute
    Davy

Dear Siheng,

Congratulations, You have developed a powerful punch! Its really impressive.

My results are not that amazing yet, but I keep practice every afternoon and hopefully manage to catch up with You in the future.

Not only the punches became more powerful, but open palm strikes as well, and they were my weakest part.

I plan to crush some more bricks around the summer and share the videos on the forum.

I really hope we manage to meet one weekend soon.

Congratulations one more time, this video is a real motivation boost!

Comment

Thanks Davy! Keep on the training, and see you soon again!

Best wishes,
      Markus Kahila
      Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Great work Davy and nice to hear that you enjoyed the courses here in Finland!

Have you trained with the water basin?

Hope to see you again soon,

Nessa
        Nessa Kahila
        Shaolin Nordic Finland
        Instructor
        nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Thanks for the comments Nessa and Markus! I hope to see you soon too.

Nessa: Yes, I am training with the basin also.

Greetings!

Comment

Inspired by Siheng Dave and Siheng Fredrick I like to share a video made today before the afternoon Marvelous Fist practice.

I wanted to wait until I can get all of them by one punch, but anyway its a lot of fun.

I really hope for more videos from other course participants, Instructors and Students.

Thank You Sigung for Your priceless teachings.

Comment

Playing with fire? Sounds good to me!

I didn't attend the 72 Arts of Shaolin course, but I was lucky enough to attend Cosmos Palm! Thanks to some conversations last night, I decided to extinguish some candles instead of going to sleep at a reasonable hour (lousy friends in other time zones...you know who you are). Plus, I got to chatting a little with Karol sidai and we had the fun idea of sharing some videos of playing with fire. What could possibly go wrong?

I like making silly videos (including kung fu ones!) every so often on YouTube and taking pictures of weird things on Instagram.

Comment

Great videos, thank you for posting them!

Karol: I'm glad you enjoyed the courses here, there's more exciting stuff coming next winter.

Best wishes,

Nessa
                Nessa Kahila
                Shaolin Nordic Finland
                Instructor
                nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Dear Sipak,

I really look forward to the winter camp. It will be amazing to see the North Lights together with Sigung

I was lucky to get invited by Siheng Dave to Hamburg at the end of this month, hopefully we can post some videos about our practice and share it here.

With Shaolin Salute

Comment

Great video Karol. It is very impressive too. Looking forward to meet you soon again!

Yes, Federick one can see that you had a lot of fun with that fire. Thanks for posting!

Greetings!

Comment

Dear Family,

Last weekend went so amazingly fast. So many things happened.

Reunion in Germany was a great event. I was lucky to see only Berlin before, but have to say that I am getting more and more impressed by Germany - a wonderful place to live!

Kind people, tasty food (and THAT portions - we have visited a local restaurant and I mistaken starters with main course!) and a lovely surroundings of Lubeck...

But the most important - meeting with my Brother Dave and his lovely family. I have to say I really felt like a family member.

During the stay Siheng Dave was kind to teach me many skills. The most important was - relaxation! Siheng corrected my stances. I stay higher now, but it feels so much better! And its quite easy and fast to move between stances!

That important lesson had a great impact on my whole practice, especially Golden Bridge, which I can hold now without any problems for more than 20 minutes!

We tried to test our force by breaking the bricks, but it seems like the German quality is still too powerful for our force.

But candles... I have a couple of interesting videos I like to share:

The first, most impressive one - Siheng and 8 candles:

And something I am really impressed about. 7 months of training. I read that to extinguish the candle behind a glass takes many years of dedicated training. 7 months!

The first movie is actually the second shot, we did not record the first try because we did not expect that its possible!

Thank You Sigung for Your generosity and precious teachings.

Thank You Sifu for showing me the way.

Thank You Dave for taking care of me and making me feel like a member of Your family.

Thank All of You, dear Sisters and Brothers for creating that awesome family!

With Shaolin Salute
                      Karol

Comment

Great stuff! You show them candles what's what

Best wishes,
                        Markus Kahila
                        Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

And of course - thank You dear Sipak for organizing such amazing event and taking care of us in Helsinki

Btw - Drawing the moon exercise You kindly teached me as a bonus during the course starts to pay off - 6 pack on the way. Will share the pictures when I reach the goal of no fat belly at all

Comment

72 shaolin arts

Great videos Karol and Dave!
                            And really great progress!

Nice to see the arts come alive.

Best wishes,

Nessa
                            Nessa Kahila
                            Shaolin Nordic Finland
                            Instructor
                            nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Btw - Drawing the moon exercise You kindly teached me as a bonus during the course starts to pay off - 6 pack on the way. Will share the pictures when I reach the goal of no fat belly at all [/QUOTE]

I forgot to say: the Drawing the Moon exercise was how I got rid of my blob of a stomach after both pregnancies. It's really effective.
                              Nessa Kahila
                              Shaolin Nordic Finland
                              Instructor
                              nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Working...
                              X