Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart thinks events materialize

Greetings Wahnam family,

Sigung has summarized a great truth about our thoughts in the Legacy of Ho Fatt Nam thread:

“Mind thinks, events materialize” is the greatest lessons I have had from my sifu, Sifu Ho Fatt Nam. This teaching has helped me and many other people to have a happy and meaningful life.
    This teaching is taught in both ancient wisdom and modern science. The Buddha has taught that the most important factor contributing to karma is thought. In other words what a person thinks will materialize as events.
    For many years, I understood the importance of thoughts on an intellectual level. However, I never seemed to succeed in attracting and fulfilling my desires. In fact, the opposite happens!

There was a major event in my life years ago where I strongly willed for a desired outcome. However, the final result was the exact opposite of my desired outcome - it was a cruel cosmic joke. I stopped willing events to happen after that. As years passed by, I read stories about how Sigung and our senior instructors often materialized events or situations from thoughts (parking spaces, taxis, airplanes, etc). I was confused but let it go.

I actually went to see a psychic one day for fun who instantly recognized my issue - she stated that as I was thinking of a desire, I cared to much of the outcome that I became very anxious for it to happen. She also talked about my habit of overtraining which caused me to laugh out loud. Anyway, that was an aha moment. I started to reflect on past events where thoughts of mine would materialize - most of the time when it did, I was in a state of relaxed attitude or just didn't care about the outcome.

Due to my spontaneous Kundalini awakening last year, I started to read a lot of yoga literature. One article I came upon is from the AYP website (Advanced Yoga Practices) which talked about a practice called Samyama. The practice is very simple - in meditation, you gently think of a word like "Love" and release it into stillness for 15 seconds and think of nothing. Then you think of the word again and repeat the cycle for 5 minutes or however long your body can handle the energy. A side effect I've noticed is the manifestation of thoughts into reality. You also don't need to contemplate the word since your inner being, or God, subconsciously knows what it means.

My life started to became simpler with this technique - thinking of a desire or thought briefly and just letting it go into stillness. Why? Stuff like green traffic lights, projects completing on time, etc. started coincidentally happening quite often. First Yu Wei, then Wu Wei!!!

Another aha moment - I started to remember that Sigung has taught this in all Chi Kung courses! For example, at the end of each session, have a a gentle thought that you are healthy and happy.

I believe that desiring for a certain outcome is the ego limiting ways God can manifest your wishes. As Sigung says, just let go and don't worry - God will do the rest.

So the key here that I have learned on my journey so far for manifesting thoughts:

a. Have a gentle thought or desire
    b. Release into stillness with no thought or attachment to outcome
    c. Repeat as necessary and enjoy

Does anyone have similar experiences?
    Last edited by DarkCosmoz; 21 February 2017, 11:47 PM.

Dear Stephen Siheng,

What an excellent topic! This is undoubtedly a very useful subtle skill to master.

Now I want to make a new daily routine and see what wonders smuggling in some extra love may bring. No expectations however.

With sincere respect,
    Olli

Comment

A great topic Stephen.

Over the years I have also marveled at Sifu's ability to allow things to flow with what seems like effortless effort.

Last summer as we (Markus, Omar and I) were driving Sifu around Norway and then through Sweden to Finland I noticed that indeed, every (and I mean every) time we were in need of a parking place, there it was, right in front of where we were going (be it restaurant, hotel etc).
      At first we started looking for parking place a bit ahead of where we were going. But Sifu said: "No, just drive right in front and there will be a parking place!" So we did, and always there was one.

After this trip I used the same mindset for myself. Just thinking once of where I'm supposed to go and driving straight in front of the place. More often than not, I always get a parking place straight away. Just a gentle thought, and then the effort to actually go there yourself.

What I find missing in many books that have come out over the years on the power of attraction, mind control etc. is that without a masters supervision you should not start meditating and using your mind to will things to happen. There are so many things that can go terribly wrong if you use your mind without any actual knowledge of how things work.
      Just by thinking you cannot will things to be, and it can lead to mental stress and at worst great mental problems. So one should always have a good sense of critique when reading these kinds of books and trying the methods given.

For us, who practice the Shaolin arts, it is easier, since we know just how powerful our mind is, and to always use it gently.
      We must always also put in the effort if we want to materialize what we want.
      Like in kungfu practice: one cannot become a good kungfu fighter without the actual daily practice.

Best wishes,

Nessa
      Nessa Kahila
      Shaolin Nordic Finland
      Instructor
      nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Synchronized thoughts Stephen! I was thinking about that very article today Especially from the perspective of being able to let go instead of forcing the wanted outcome.

I've found that letting go of expectations is extremely useful in daily life, for example at work. And this does not mean we shouldn't hope/care about if something happens, what happens or how it happens, but by trying to force our own expectation happen, we don't give room for needed events to arise. Especially we might force our own agenda and forget to see the motivators and perspectives of others. On many occasions for example in demanding team leading situations, it is most helpful to not to try to control the situation or hurry into a solution, but rather gently feel the desired direction and then let go and allow events arise. Not as a mere bystander, but as an open participant, giving others room for movement towards an actual resolution.

(And I do know my Sifu is praying for my stubborn head to figure this out also in kungfu class one of these days... preferrably sooner than later! Instead of trying to force a result, just let go and DO it )
        Last edited by haltia; 22 February 2017, 03:15 PM.
        ~ yaaah ~

Comment

The Virtues of Humility and Repentance

Dear Family and Friends,

I tried gently experimenting what effects focusing on different virtues produces. "Love" is quite difficult one for me right now. Instead I quickly found out that "humble" or "humility" and "repentance" are currently the most enjoyable ones for me. First with "humility" I started to experience some freshness, but it started to develop gradually. On one occasion few weeks ago my baihui activated and pulsed for a minute or two. Now even the faintest thought of humility brings my mind to dan tian and makes me experience a gentle cascade of freshness accompanied with unmistakeable spiritual cleansing. Repentance is quite similar, but there is an emphasis on the chest, heart in particular. Both of these are very healing, as if I was supposed to engage in the cultivation of these mindsets. Is it the Cosmic Shower they produce? I'm not sure, but there is a striking resemblance. Hence it wouldn't be a stretch of imagination to figure out why different spiritual and religious traditions have always emphasized the virtues of humility and repentance in order to regain or remain spiritually pure.

I used to practice humble mindset extensively before joining Shaolin Wahnam, but the effects were obviously much less than now. It seems that I had forgotten about the humility after joining our school, though recently I had actually yearned for more humility in some manner to keep myself grounded. For a much longer period I had also felt a need to practice Cosmic Shower more often, but I hadn't done it because of overtraining concerns. In some sense this development seems very welcome and I feel spiritually much healed already, though I must now tread cautiously and see that it doesn't provide too much benefit.

Our school is quite amazing, isn't it?

With sincere respect,
          Olli

Comment

Working...
          X