Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spontaneous Chi Kung

Dear Shaolin Wahnam family,

How many of you have had or still experience every once in a while spontaneous chi flows?

I estimate have had this since last summer at least. About once or twice in a week in the evenings I would have mild and very short spontaneous chi flows, even if I wasn't practicing much. I had noticed that it seemed to correlate with not having done Chi Kung that evening yet, so I took it as a sign that the body and spirit were wanting to let go more. Nothing spectacular really, but it was there.

After the fourth lesson of Dragon in Zen I felt really peculiar. It was preceded first with a Taijiquan lesson, so after the day was done I felt sore all over my muscles. When I got back home, I discovered that the soreness was now really suffusive. A smooth flow was permeating me, and I had never felt more rejuvenated after physically worn.

In the next evening the flow heightened and I was experiencing simply irresistable desire to let go. After allowing it to go on its time, which was a lot, I lied on my bed as in not to be pulled into chi flow anymore, but even still the flows resurfaced as I relaxed and my hands and feet started to live on their own.

Even though in the daytime it hasn't been as strong, there is still an incredible experience of how the flow never truly dissipates, but transforms and takes new forms. My legs had been quite dull in terms of chi flows and pelvis stiff, but now they seem to be having a break through and I can actually feel my leg meridians active for the first time and chi coursing through.

Now, even during the writing of this I am experiencing some type of flowing in stillness, despite that I am motionless. Naturally I have consulted my Sifu for safety concerns and she adviced to cut down practice, both in quality and quantity, until the flows stop. Nevertheless, I am extremely grateful for finally getting an insider view of the saying "Life as a meaningful flow of energy."

With sincere respect,
    Olli
    Never
    0.00%
    Very rarely
    0.00%
    Often enough to take notice (at least once per year)
    33.33%
    Regularly (at least once per month)
    66.67%

Nice topic Olli!

Sifu answered a similar question I had in the q+a's once, but I am not sure which one. At times, especially during courses with Sifu, for example at lunchtime I might have gone back to my hotel room to sit in a chair or lie on the bed to rest and relax, then been kind of spontaneously overwhelmed with chi flow.

I've also had similar experiences to those Robin described in this old thread (which was listed below yours by the forum tools):

Comment

Dear Paul Sisook,

Thanks for chiming in! I recalled that you have had some spontaneous experiences, but wasn't sure how often.

Dear everyone,

I wanted to add about my recurring mild chi flows. Right away I would say that they are not entirely normal, so I hope anyone doesn't get the impression that these are something desirable as such. I am very much looking forward to the normalization of the situation. Whether they are ultimately for good and bad may depend on a variety of factors. The best explanation I have for the phenomenom is that it is related to the diurnal cycle of chi in TCM. According to the theory chi circulates through our meridian complexes at different hours of the day, activating different organs and keeping the body functions in regulation. As I have mentioned elsewhere, I have a long-standing issue about getting tired during daytime and very stimulated in the evening. With my continued practice of Chi Kung, it's possible that a "natural" circulation of chi therefore generates enough energy that it manifests as an apparent chi flow. When my overall condition improves and remaining blockages vanish, the chi circulation should remain steady and not produce any peaks like that.

With sincere respect,
      Olli
      Last edited by understanding; 11 February 2017, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X