Prayers for Siheng Josh Lawson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

My prayers, blessings and good thoughts are with Josh Siheng, his family and friends during this difficult time.

Thank you Molly Simui for everything you have done.

May Josh Siheng has a safe and smooth transition into his next life.

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Dear Josh,

It was a privilege to train together and share some good times. I'll always remember our first time together at the special Shaolin Kung Fu course in 2005. May you have a smooth transition and much peace whereever you are going next.

Dear Molly,

Sending you special thoughts of rest and peace in this time of grieving. Please take good care of yourself and I look forward to seeing you in the future at a course!
      Hubert Razack
      www.shaolinwahnam.fr
      www.sourireducoeur.fr

Comment

All composed things are like a dream,
        a phantom, a drop of dew, a flash of lightning.
        That is how to meditate on them,
        that is how to observe them.
        Onwards and upwards, Josh.
        George / Юра
        Shaolin Wahnam England

gate gate pāragate pārasaṁgate bodhi svāhā

Comment

Very sad to hear this.

My prayers are with Siheng and his family.

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

I would like to present my condolences and blessings for everyone who lost a special person in Josh Sisook. Thank you Molly Siguje and Chris Sisook for keeping us informed how valiantly Josh Sisook fought and displayed his love of life.

With sincere respect,
            Olli

Comment

Dear family,

I want to thank everybody for their thoughts, prayers, and well wishes for Josh, myself, and his family during this very difficult period of transition. I am particularly grateful to Sifu, Sihengs Damian, Andrew, and Chun Nga for all of the help and guidance that they provided Josh with towards the end of his life, not to mention myself as I was trying to walk this road with Josh as far as I could. I am also extraordinarily grateful to Chris, Christina, and Charles for supporting Josh, supporting me and Mary, Josh's girlfriend, and for taking care of keeping the Shaolin Wahnam family up to date about what had been going on. Especially at the end, all of my time and energy was devoted to Josh. Having one less update to make in an extraordinarily trying time is a blessing and I am thankful.

Although I want to take the time and express my thoughts more fully, I will keep this brief. In the last 10 days, I've mourned the loss of my best friend, seen his ashes into the ground, planted a tree at the site, cleaned out his apartment, and cried countless tears. Now I'm back at work, my patients need me, my home is a mess, and my husband needs some of the support he has been giving me back, so this task will have to be done in chunks. What I do want to address, especially for our juniors, is why.

Yes, I watched my best friend be destroyed by a vicious cancer, the likes of which I've never seen and never hope to see again. Do I still believe cancer can be cured with qigong? Absolutely. It is, however, important to acknowledge that we are flawed human beings and are born into this life with the accumulation of karma from other lives. As we grow, train, and blossom spiritually, we jettison some of that karma. Bit by bit, we purify ourselves until there is no karma left. Often this takes several lifetimes. I do believe that this was Josh's karma and whether I like it or not, he did what he was supposed to do in his physical body in the this life and that part is done now. I also believe that if he had the opportunity to get Malaysia, had the pain and circumstances not prevented him, he would still be with us. But that was not how things played out for him.

I am also keenly aware of the joy that his practice brought him in the final decade and change of his life. He was happy, healthy until the last eight months, full of joy, healed others, and touched the lives of many. I still continue to value our arts and what they did for Josh, as well as what they continue to do for me. I am looking forward to gathering with the family in December to celebrate Josh's life. I have some of his ashes which I will scatter in the sea in front of the Copthorne. I believe Josh would want me to do that. Until then, I will move forward, take joy in my practice, and allow this experience to shape me in a way that will both help myself and others.

All my best,

Molly
              有志著事竟成

Shaolin Wahnam Twin Cities

Genuine Shaolin Kungfu and Qigong in Minnesota
              https://www.shaolinwahnamtc.com/

Comment

Blessings to Josh Sisook and His Family

Dear Molly Siguje,

I am sorry to hear of Josh Sisook’s loss and have been sending good thoughts and blessings to him and his family. Thank you Siguje for being an inspiring example through this.

May the wonderful times people have shared with Josh Sisook blossom into a smile from their heart when they think of him.

Blessing to all

Martin

Comment

Thanks for the update Molly Sije,

Much love,

Andy
                  Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
                  Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
                  Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
                  - ancient wisdom

Comment

"Do not stand at my grave and weep
                    I am not there. I do not sleep.
                    I am a thousand winds that blow.
                    I am the diamond glints on snow.
                    I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
                    I am the gentle autumn rain.
                    When you awaken in the morning's hush
                    I am the swift uplifting rush
                    Of quiet birds in circled flight.
                    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
                    Do not stand at my grave and cry;
                    I am not there. I did not die."

This poem helped me to deal with death in a beautiful way and to celebrate life. I hope it can bring some peace and comfort to you on your journey Molly Sije and thank you for your lovely post.

Joel's uncle has just passed away now from cancer and it's with blessings he is now at peace. We are truly blessed for all these teachings.

Homage to all the Buddhas and Bodhisattva's, May all whom have passed on be free from suffering and guided to peace...OM MANI PADME HUM

lotus enlightenment.jpg

Love & Blessings,
                    Parveen
                    “So I say to you –
                    This is how to contemplate our conditioned existence in this fleeting world:”

“Like a tiny drop of dew, or a bubble floating in a stream;
                    Like a flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
                    Or a flickering lamp, an illusion, a phantom, or a dream.”

“So is all conditioned existence to be seen.”

Thus spoke Buddha.

Comment

Working...
                    X