Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers for Siheng Josh Lawson

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to figure out how to post this over the past few days and have been in touch with Sifu for guidance on this matter. Josh very suddenly developed a cancerous tumor in his neck which (and I saw this with my own eyes) literally appeared overnight. He is in the care of the Mayo Clinic, with some of the finest surgeons in the world looking out for him. Tomorrow morning, very early, he will go into a long surgery which will last all day to remove the tumor. He will be following a Western course of treatment to get rid of this nasty bugger and relying on his training to help restore him to health. Josh is one of my oldest and dearest friends. He led me to Shaolin Wahnam. Suffice it to say, this has rattled me. I understand how this information might also rattle some of you who read this and don't understand how something like this could happen to someone who practices our arts.

This was really hard for Josh to hear too, especially after years of training. It is always important to remember that there are things in life that happen that are completely beyond our control and sometimes, for better or for worse, things like this happen. When Josh told me how disappointed he was that this tumor was cancerous, I pointed out to him that it had nothing to do with his skill level or anything like that, and for all he knew, if he hadn't been practicing these arts all this time, he may already have been dead. We just don't know.

What I do know is that these arts are going to lead him to a swift recovery, as I have seen them perform miracles in front of my very eyes, I continue to trust in their efficacy, and the extraordinary benefits they bring to us. I'm sure everybody who reads this can attest to that in some way or another.

Josh has the support here of his loved ones, his family, his friends, his students, and a huge community of people who love him dearly. We will see to his needs on his road to recovery. In the next few days, we'll be getting a go fund me campaign together for him. I'll post more information on that once we have it up and running (we've all had our hands pretty full here). In the meantime, I'm asking from the bottom of my heart for the thoughts, love, prayers, and good energy of his Wahnam family as he goes into this surgery and along his road to recovery. You all mean the world to him, and to me. Thank you.

Warmly,

Molly
    有志著事竟成

Shaolin Wahnam Twin Cities

Genuine Shaolin Kungfu and Qigong in Minnesota
    https://www.shaolinwahnamtc.com/

Dear Molly,

I am sending good thoughts and blessings to our brother Josh. May Josh have a swift and sure recovery to full health and vitality. May you
    and his loved ones be free from worry.

Lee Wei Joo
    http://shaolinwahnammalaysia.com/

Comment

Dear Molly Sisook,

I will keep Josh in my prayers and blessings. May he recover exceptionally well from the cancer and the proposed surgery without any setbacks or complications. May his health be fully restored.

For his family and friends I am wishing peaceful and flowing heart in order to be present in his life without upset. Everything is completely fine despite the unusual circumstance.

With sincere respect,
      Olli

Comment

My heartfelt prayers Om Nithyanandam

Please keep us posted on his recovery
        "Om"

I pay homage to all the great masters of the past and the present

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Sending blessings to Siheng Josh. Wishing him a quick recovery.

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Hi Molly,

Useful thoughts, energy, prayers and blessings to Josh, his family and all of those caring for and supporting him and you.

With metta,

Barry
            Profile at Capio Nightingale Hospital London Click here
            Chi Kung & Tai Chi Chuan in the UK Fully Alive
            Fully Alive on Facebook Fully Alive
            UK Summer Camp 2017 Click here for details
            sigpic

Comment

Blessings

Dear Molly,

May Josh recover completely and swiftly, and to be more healthy than ever.
              Blessings to all family and friends as well.

Best wishes,

Nessa
              Nessa Kahila
              Shaolin Nordic Finland
              Instructor
              nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Josh is a great guy. I wish him a swift complete recovery in all meanings of that word. He has to get well soon so he can prepare for the Essence of Shaolin course in December!

Sending him best thoughts and sincere prayers. Also best wishes, thanks and strength to Molly and all supporting him.
                Sifu Andrew Barnett
                Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
                Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
                Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Dear Molly,

Thanks for informing us of Josh's condition.

We are all mortal, and there are no Arts in the world that can change that fact.

What I do know is that these arts are going to lead him to a swift recovery, as I have seen them perform miracles in front of my very eyes, I continue to trust in their efficacy, and the extraordinary benefits they bring to us. I'm sure everybody who reads this can attest to that in some way or another.
                  While they do not prevent mortality, they do, as you say, enrich and support life in more ways and with more efficacy than anything I have ever seen or heard about.

Life is full of unexpected challenges, and this is one that I'm sure Josh will overcome!

I'm asking from the bottom of my heart for the thoughts, love, prayers, and good energy of his Wahnam family as he goes into this surgery
                  Done
                  Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
                  Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
                  Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
                  - ancient wisdom

Comment

Dear Molly,

I remember meeting Josh in Hawaii a few years ago and being amazed by his vitality and joie de vivre. I have no doubt that he will clear his current health issue in short order and emerge from this experience even healthier and stronger. I send him good thoughts and energy for his recovery.

Josh is very lucky to have a supportive community of family, friends, Shaolin Wahnam brothers and sisters, and students, all of whom will become stronger for having supported him through this time. I send you, Molly, and the rest of his circle good thoughts and energy for confidence and peace of mind.

Michael

Comment

Really sorry to hear this, Josh is one of the best and nicest people I have met. Even though I only see him for a few days every few years on courses here and there it always feels like reacquainting with an old friend. My heart goes out to him.

All I can say is that I've known of a good few people who have had various cancers in recent years and made recoveries, medical science has improved a lot over the past couple of decades.

Thanks for letting us know Molly, and for your heartfelt and understandable words. My heart goes out to you too.

Josh I look forward to seeing you on another course one day, as we all try to follow along as usual because you always know the sequences better than anyone else!

Comment

Wishing Josh and the extended supporting Team all the best ....he will certainly recover
                        Damian Kissey
                        Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
                        www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

Dear Molly

We haven't met yet in person. Nevertheless you have already touched my life when I had the chance to read a testimonial from you about your experiences and realizations during the Healing Course.

I am sending good thoughts to Josh, you and everyone in the circle for a full recovery.

Much love and blessings, Binia

Comment

I had the opportunity to meet Josh and Molly during Chi Kung Healing Course 2011 and, perhaps some complimentary courses in Sungai Petani.

Both of you are very nice, cheerful. I can still remember Josh's encouraging smile throughout the training.

I send my prayer to Namo Guanshiyin Boddhisattva, may Boddhisattva help him through this.

Jason
                            Jason Yap

修身

Comment

Update

Hello Everyone,

I am happy to report that Josh is finally out of surgery. It lasted 10 hours and the tumor they removed was about the size of a baseball. The doctors said he did great, though he is still sedated. We have set up a gofundme campaign for him as he has been unable to work since December and it is uncertain when he will be able to go back to work. Here is the link: http://www.gofundme.com/dontjoshme
                              I know Josh is extraordinarily grateful for the prayers and support from his Wahnam family. I am too. We are so blessed to be a part of this wonderful community.

I'm currently about a hour drive from where Josh is and expect to see him tomorrow after I'm done with my patient load in clinic. I'll keep posting updates as I have them. Thank you, everybody.

Warmly,

Molly
                              Last edited by Molly; 11 February 2017, 02:06 AM. Reason: spelling
                              有志著事竟成

Shaolin Wahnam Twin Cities

Genuine Shaolin Kungfu and Qigong in Minnesota
                              https://www.shaolinwahnamtc.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X