No announcement yet.

London Classes with Sifu Tim Franklin & Sifu Barry Smale - January 11th 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Classes with Sifu Tim Franklin & Sifu Barry Smale - January 11th 2017

London Classes 11th January 2017
    The first day back at London Weekly Class was…surprisingly Chilled!

Firstly it was lovely to see a new London Beginners class, really great to meet a couple of you briefly. An looking forward to seeing the smiley faces again next week.

Barry Smale took care of the beginners and Tim Franklin took care of the ongoing regulars.
    Starting with Qi Gong Tim had us practicing Skin Energy level (etheric body) cleansing using ‘Lifting the Sky’, of course I can’t tell you the secrets because that’s Sifu Tim’s job.
    As we proceeded in a gentle and relaxing manor we prepared and did ‘Lifting the Sky’ and had lovely thought about out the skins energy.

Barry was introducing the beginners into the London mould and occasionally I would glance over to see how they were getting on as it looked they were swaying in the willows quite often.

Following the success of the Qi Gong we went into Taijiquan and straight into Force Training in 3 Circle Stance. Then some Bow Arrow Mirror Hand, then onto A gentle and flowing Cloud Hand Sequence. More secrets here but I still can’t tell you them! Following that a relaxed introduction to Partner Training Using Mirror Hand and Bow Arrow.

So Tim & Barry, I just wanted to say Thank You for our belated Class Christmas Present, It is Great!
    Blessings and Deep Gratitude, what a wonderful class despite the aches and pains of gentle practice.

Am looking forward to next week

James O\

May Sigung, our Sifu’s and Our practice help us flourish and show us the way and may 2017 be an ever joyous one!
    Aaahhhhh!

Hi James,

Thank you for the feedback. It is a real pleasure to be teaching again after the holiday break and, like you say, to have a whole new set of people being introduced to the fun and benefits of learning Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again on Wednesday.

With metta,

Barry
    Profile at Capio Nightingale Hospital London Click here
    Chi Kung & Tai Chi Chuan in the UK Fully Alive
    Fully Alive on Facebook Fully Alive
    UK Summer Camp 2017 Click here for details
    sigpic

Comment

Apologies Barry, the title should of read;

O\
      James

Originally posted by James L View Post
      London Classes 11th January 2017
      The first day back at London Weekly Class was…surprisingly Chilled!

Firstly it was lovely to see a new London Beginners class, really great to meet a couple of you briefly. An looking forward to seeing the smiley faces again next week.

Barry Smale took care of the beginners and Tim Franklin took care of the ongoing regulars.
      Starting with Qi Gong Tim had us practicing Skin Energy level (etheric body) cleansing using ‘Lifting the Sky’, of course I can’t tell you the secrets because that’s Sifu Tim’s job.
      As we proceeded in a gentle and relaxing manor we prepared and did ‘Lifting the Sky’ and had lovely thought about out the skins energy.

Barry was introducing the beginners into the London mould and occasionally I would glance over to see how they were getting on as it looked they were swaying in the willows quite often.

Following the success of the Qi Gong we went into Taijiquan and straight into Force Training in 3 Circle Stance. Then some Bow Arrow Mirror Hand, then onto A gentle and flowing Cloud Hand Sequence. More secrets here but I still can’t tell you them! Following that a relaxed introduction to Partner Training Using Mirror Hand and Bow Arrow.

So Tim & Barry, I just wanted to say Thank You for our belated Class Christmas Present, It is Great!
      Blessings and Deep Gratitude, what a wonderful class despite the aches and pains of gentle practice.

Am looking forward to next week

James O\

May Sigung, our Sifu’s and Our practice help us flourish and show us the way and may 2017 be an ever joyous one!
      Aaahhhhh!

Comment

London Classes 1st March 2017

Hi All, just wanted to share some delightful experiences with you from the London class this past two weeks.
        We've dome some experimenting with internal force training and last week in Taijiquan class we partnered up and one of us grounded ourselves as the other lifted us up. Actually the training partner attempted to lift us up. We were instructed to ground and then… Sorry this is classified information at this point, a secret that you will to learn from Sifu's Tim & Barry in class.

Anyways, as the training partner tried to lift us we were firmly rooted with feet on the floor. Quite amazing really, especially as I had Al as my training partner, who believe me is strong. In fact I almost feared for my life knowing we would be partnered. Just kidding, Al's really a fun guy, just loves to play! Later on Tim asked me to pick up the delicate fame of Rita as she stood rooted firm. In fact I couldn't lift her, she was solidly grooved into to lovely wooded panel flooring. He face was a picture after class, wide eyes in amazement. What a brilliant class!

Last week Sifu Tim showed us how his internal force was directed through his arm while placed his fingers on someones shoulder. Doesn't sound too impressive until he asked Illy, also strong, to pull down at the elbow with two hands. Wow, that impressive. Illy could not do it. Tim then wen onto do the same with 2 fingers on the shoulder and then the little finger, and still Illy could not pull down Sifu Tim's arm.

As it happens this week we did more force training, I thought I would jostle around the room just in case I got paired up with the big frame of Al again. But as fate would have it, I was partnered with Al again! Ok I thought, no worries!

Sifu Tim then went onto show us the Arm and fingers on shoulder force training technique and invited us to do the exercise. Even after the Student demo I was thinking, no chance! There's no way I can achieve that! Al now towering over me had his arm extended and his fingers on my solder, he seemed to make light work of me pulling down on his arm and comfortably managed to keep his arm and fingers in place, then 2 fingers, then one with the same result. Al now towering Al gritting his teeth and fiercely wanting to take me down was keener than ever to get a result on my arm, I relaxed and followed instruction, of course the instructions are a secret, so you'll have to come and attend to check out what were up to. My fingers on Al's shoulder, arm straight, Al pulled down my arm with believe me determination. To my surprise, my was solid and barely moved, then two fingers then one. Wow!

Thanks Sifu Tim for letting us have the chance to really appreciate the Internal Force from a perspective of personal doubt, It was one of those moments where you think… Nice!

Although Sifu Barry is in the background with beginners classes he is ever watchful and supporting offering advice and pre and post class chats. These times are very much appreciated.

As for all the new and long term students without them, the London Class wouldn't happen so I am eternally grateful too all.

And of course where would these Arts be if it wasn't for Sigung. Thank You Sigung, just brilliant!

I am grateful to all of the above mentioned, because life is meant to be shared and experienced with others as we all find our way on this beautiful journey.

Blessings and Thanks with Deep Gratitude.
        James O\
        Aaahhhhh!

Comment

Working...
        X