Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get closure after induced chi flow sessions

Hello,

I have been using Wong Kiew Kits book for a while now, and have been practicing his exercises from time to time. These days when I normally do lifting the sky after only 5 to 6 repetitions later, my body wants to go into induced chi flow. This can sometimes happen when I am also relaxed in standing meditation focusing on my chi flow.
    My question relates to how to get closure after the induced chi flow sessions, such as closing energy points (pardon the ignorance ) or better ways to manage my bodys want to go into induced chi flow outside of qigong exercise sessions. I find at times when my body simply feels relaxed, this can sometimes be enough to trigger induced chi flow. I could be standing up with friends feeling relaxed, or after a nice shower, etc. While I like it, its not always the appropriate time! So i need to tell my body to gently slow down until it stops then wait a few minutes.

I was wondering if there are any tips you guys could give me?
    Please let me know if you need more information for better answers.
    Cheers,

Hello,

congratulations for being able to achieve chi flow from just learning from books.

While our Grandmasters books are excellent, if you have the chance, I strongly recommend finding an Shaolin Wahnam instructor near you. There are at least two excellent SW instructors in Australia (if that is where you live). Or if possible, traveling to Malaysia for an Intensive Chi Kung course.

There is a reason we recommend always to learn from a competent teacher: if something should go wrong in your practice, you have someone to help you. Most mistakes in chi kung practice are made unknowingly, when practicing without a masters supervision.
    So, looking for an instructor is your best choice if you want to get the best benefits from your practice.

To answer your question: when you conclude you practice session you can very gently think of your dan tian (a point few inches under your navel. you do not need to know where it is). Gently think of your chi flow coming to a graceful stop and enjoy staying still fro a few minutes. Walk about briskly.

Best wishes,

Nessa
    Nessa Kahila
    Shaolin Nordic Finland
    Instructor
    nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply Nessa.
      I will follow your advice. So I should focus on my Dan tien while gently slowing down my body at the same time?

Also would you have any opinion on why my body wants to get into induced chi flow so easily? I was wondering if it could just be a phase where my body wants to correct itself more so for some reason, but really it may just remain a mystery why things happen as they do

Comment

For concluding your chi kung session: when you have enjoyed chi flow for 5 minutes, you can gently think of your dan tien (once is enough). This will slow down your chi flow and you can slowly come to a stop. Stand upright for a few moments, then walk about.

Chi flow is a skill. When you have learned the skill well, you can go into chi flow anytime.
        But I suggest you keep your practice to once a day.

Best wishes,

Nessa
        Nessa Kahila
        Shaolin Nordic Finland
        Instructor
        nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Working...
        X