• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing Karma

Dear Family,

In his recent Q&A, Sigung offers advice on clearing and/or changing karma:

Question

If a person has committed a bad deed, from the chi kung perspective: if he/she sincerely repents, how can he/she make amends with what has been done?

Answer

If a person has committed a bad deed, if he (or she) sincerely repents, he can erase much of the bad karma of the bad deed, and may even generate good karma.

Karma, which means cause and effect, is not rigid; it is fluid, and is determined by thought, speech and deed in that order of importance. If the person continues to think of his bad deed, he continues his bad thought and creates bad karma. If he changes his thought to a good one by repenting, his good thought creates good karma.
    As is usual, his advice is echoed by the teachings of Great Masters:

By constantly repeating, "I am free, I am free", a man verily becomes free. On the other hand, by constantly repeating, "I am bound, I am bound", he certainly becomes bound to worldliness. The fool who says only, "I am a sinner, I am a sinner", verily drowns himself in worldliness. One should rather say: "I have chanted the name of God. How can I be a sinner? How can I be bound?"

-Sri Ramakrishna
    The ocean of impediment of all karma
    Is produced from one's false imagination.
    Should one wish to repent of it
    Let him sit upright and meditate on the true aspect of reality.
    All sins are just as frost and dew,
    So wisdom's sun can disperse them.

-Sakyamuni Buddha from The Lotus Sutra
    Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine
Working...
X