• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guiding Others to Peace

Dear Family,

For reference:

Question

Sifu, what prayers would you recommend I recite to help (my grandfather) be reborn into a better life? For how long?

Answer

You can recite any suitable prayers according to the person's religion or according to your religion.

A highly recommended prayer is to ask the Divine to enable the spirit to be reborn at a happier place than the one he left. A highly recommended mantra is the Amitabha mantra, i.e. Namo Amitabha Buddha, repeated many times.

There is no definite time frame for prayers and mantras. You can pray or recite as long or as briefly as you wish. The crucial point is sincerity. A short sincere prayer or recitation is better than a long insincere one.
    A selection of answers provided by Sifu Wong Kiew Kit to questions asked by the public on Shaolin Kungfu, Chi Kung, Taijiquan and Zen

From time to time I find myself staying in places with a being or two that are lost. My go-to method is telling the spirit about Sukhavati, and telling it to pray to Amitabha Buddha. There's an old thread where this is described, which I can't find at the moment. Perhaps someone can help with this.

I recently came upon another case like this, and while usually the effect of telling the spirit about Sukhavati is almost immediate, this time it seemed the spirit was resisting. I asked Sigung how to proceed and his answer was similar to the above quote from his recent Q&A. Every night for about five days I would go to where I felt the spirit was hiding and would talk to it, telling it to let go of its suffering, accept the blessing of God, pray to and accept the blessing of Amitabha Buddha, how it can be happy and go to another world, etc. Gradually I felt the spirit letting go, until it was gone. Five days is very short compared to possibly many years of being lost.

Thank you for this guidance, Sigung, and may this teaching help many beings.

Andrew
    Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

Picture Perfect
    少林華南台灣 Shaolin Wahnam Taiwan

Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Found the thread:

Upon review it didn't have quite the words of Sigung I was looking for, that I must have read somewhere else, so for those unfamiliar with the approach, here's the basic outline:

If there are any beings here that are lost or suffering, you can have peace. There is a place called Sukhavati - the Western Paradise, land of Amitabha Buddha. There is no suffering there, only peace and joy. You can go there. All you have to do is genuinely recite "Namo Amitabha Buddha, Namo Amitabha Buddha, Namo Amitabha Buddha..."
      This usually suffices.

Andrew

- St. Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew R View Post
        Found the thread:

Upon review it didn't have quite the words of Sigung I was looking for, that I must have read somewhere else, so for those unfamiliar with the approach, here's the basic outline:

This usually suffices.

Andrew
        Thank you for posting this!

One and a half month ago I visited the grave of my grandfather. I had the experience that he feels lost and cold. I asked him to recite Namo Guan Shi Yin Pu Sa and then ask for help, but I had the feeling that he didn't understand the meaning or he didn't like to do that. After reading your post yesterday I somehow connected with my grandfather and told him what you posted. Since then I have pictures of a beautiful land in my mind where knights fight. I think my grandfather feels better now or is in a better position.

Thank you all involved :-)
        "No matter what you do, you must be clear in your conscience." - Sitaigung Ho
        A single light can eliminate the darkness of millenia.
        Every moment is precious.

Comment

Hi Bernhard,

I'm glad to hear of the improvement.

- St. Augustine

Comment

Working...
          X