Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intensive Shaolin Kung Fu Course 2016

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

I started the thread about the Intensive Shaolin Kung Fu Course which was held from the 28.11.2016 to the 02.12.2016 in Penang, Malaysia,
    to give everybody of the participant the chance to express their experience and emotions about this fantastic course.

So on the first day Sigung teached us the stances (like horse riding stance, bow arrow stance, false leg stance, unicorn stance, single leg stance,
    the 4/6 stance which is also known as the traingle stance and the goat riding stance), and later on the same day we did stance training again (zhang zhuang)
    but with new hand forms (like golden bridge, embraising the sun, single crane,....). And of course also how to go over into a Chi Flow after our training.

Sigung also teached us the Art of Flexibility, and mentioned about the importance not to do overtraining which is common problem in our Chi Kung Fu School.
    Overtraining means that you are overtrained at your energy level, which means that you have too much energy in your body, more than your body can carry now.
    Good way to prevent overtraining is to enter your chi kung state of mind (which we call in Kung Fu "Zen") at only 30%, or to reduce the time of your exercise, or even
    to do it as a physical exercise and not to do it as a energy exercise. More information about overtraining can be found at Sigung's website at http://shaolin.org/general-3/over-training02.html .

So on the afternoon session Sigung teached us the first basic Shaolin Kung Fu patterns and after a short time Sigung added all of them together to the first set called
    "Lohan ask's the way". So its incredible and unbelievable what people do learn in only one day of intensive training. It should be noted that we all trained hard at the day to
    achieve the expected results.

So at the second day Sigung paid a lot of attenion to the picture perfect form of the "Lohan ask's the way" set. Then we practiced it with the exploding force (Chi) method and
    after that also with the flowing force method. Later on Sigung teached us a fundamental skill, called "spacing and timing", which is very important in our combat sequences as well as
    in free sparring. After a complimentary tour to the Kek Lok Si Temple and a lunch, we also learned the first 4 combat sequences and applied them on our partners.

Day 3 was very special because Sigung taught us the "One Finger Shooting Zen", which Sigung learned from his third Sifu, Sifu Ho Fatt Nam. Later on (in history) Sigung modified that set as he added new patterns into it which makes it to a four sequence set. After the application of the combat sequences 1-4, we learned the first application set called "Black Tiger Steals Heart". After a complimentary tour to the Penang Hill and a lunch, Sigung teached us in the afternoon session the One Finger Shooting Zen in Chi Flow mode. Later on we learned how to follow through an opponent as well as how to adding one combat sequence to another which was a lot of fun.

On the fourth day we all congratulated Sigung to his birthday and surprised him with some gifts. Then we continued to learn the combat sequences 5-8 which are more advanced than the combat sequences 1-4. Then we also learned the second application set called "Fierce Tiger speeds through valley". After the complimentary tour to Old George town and a lunch Sigung started to teach us the fundamental kicks. We learned them during combat sequences 9-12 which contains the four main kicks. During the session Sigung also teached us the "One Finger Shootin Zen" in the consolidating force mode which is really powerfully.
    During the sequences we also applied diffenrent skills like follow through or add a pattern.

On the last day we learned the third application set called "Happy Bird Hop on Branch". So then Sigung startet so teach us how to fall, and how to prevent not to be pinned down at the ground. Then Sigung teached us the combat sequences 13-16 which contains felling techniques, chi-na techniques and pushing techniques. After Lunch we linked them together to the
    fourth application set called, "Fell Tree with Roots". After fell tree with roots Sigung gave everyone a few minutes to select one of the 16 sequences and to perfom it on picture perfect form. Then everybody performed one by one his selcted sequence in front of all and Sigung gave his feedback onto the sequence. The next step was to link it together with a second sequence. But before that we practised a lot of follow through, adding or droping a pattern and adding a sequence. At the end of the course we did free sparring using Kung Fu patterns and sequences which was very funny and interesting to all of us. After the course and a shower we all went to a chinese seafood restaurant not far away from the hotel.

Sigung took Abram and me on his car, while Wei Foong took the other ones. I was very impressed as I saw how Sigung was driving his beautiful car through the bussy streets of Penang while it was raining. At the restaurant Sigung parked his car in a very small parking lot without any problems, which many young people would not even try to do so.

It was a very special course for us all. We learned not only how to develop internal force or how to sparr competently with kung fu patterns, we also learned how to work as comrades and stay as comrades no matter how far Sigung has pushed us beyond our physical, emotional and mental limits. "It is better to take a choice, no matter if right or wrong, than not taking any choice."

Even if you are a advanced practioner, there is neverless much to learn.

After attending this course I fell more solid in my daily life, and this is not the only benefit I got of it.

I want to express my gratitude which can not be held in words to my Sigung for the teaching and performing as well as for all other things I havent mentioned.
    I also want to say a very big thank you to Wei Foong for filming and organizing the whole course.

A very big thank you to all other comrades like Abram, Dominik and Michael which also attended the Intensive Shaolin Kung Fu course.
    I also want to express my gratitude to my Sifu, who prepared me to this course.

Thank you all!

I can recommend this course to all those who are willing to work hard on their Kung Fu progress. If you going to attend this course you have to be prepared for it as best as you can to
    get all benefits and secrets out of it which Sigung is giving to us. Dont miss this golden oppurtinity!

I wrote my experience in a way that even new people who are not familiar with us can understand it (a bit).

Thank you for reading,

with Shaolin Salute,

Dimitri
    Attached Files
    When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
    When the student is truly ready, the teacher will disappear.

-Lao Tzu-

Dear Dimitri,

Thanks for sharing your experience of the Intensive Shaolin Kung Fu course, which also happens to be Sifu's favourite.

You were already proficient in the material taught in Penang (levels 1-6 of our syllabus) through your regular training, but this recent course was ideal to solidify your foundation.

As long as you stay humble, you've got all the tools to excel in these precious arts.

Many people would think that taking the fundamentals course isn't necessary or exciting, if you had learned the material before, but your excellent decision and report may act as an inspiration for others to take this course next time Sifu decides to offer it.

I'm looking forward to see you train tomorrow at class!

Best wishes,
    o\

Sifu
    Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Shaolin Wahnam Wien & Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Wish I could have been there! All the best for continuing your Kungfu journey
      Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
      Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
      Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
      - ancient wisdom

Comment

Working...
      X