Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intellectualizers Non-Anonymous

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Here I confess that I have still had a problem with unneccessary intellectualization.

I just discovered that I still had harbored a tendency to intellectualize despite letting go of it earlier. How did it resurface then? After consulting Sifu for my latest "bright" idea, I finally realized that all my unhealthy intellectualization tendencies originate from my unbalanced projection of what it means to be well and how to pursue it. You see, that is a very powerful motivation with plenty of room for missteps, but I hadn't even consciously recognized how persistent and pervasive its influence really was. I would suspect that many deviations originate from the same kind of mind set.

It was my mistake not understanding the meaning and importance of also letting go of the causes of mental blockages. Now I'm letting go of them along with unneccessary intellectualization, so that they are all completely gone. No more cause nor effect. Bye, bye!

If anybody else wants to share what kind of unnecessary intellectualizations they have dealt with and what it was to finally let go of them, please be free to give some peer support for a recovering intellectualizer.

EDIT: Thank you Sifu!

With sincere respect,
    Olli
    Last edited by understanding; 21 November 2016, 11:08 AM.

I once wrote Sigung a long email with questions about training & stuff. His reply:
    The three golden rules of practice are as follows:

1. Don't worry.
    2. Don't intellectualize.
    3. Enjoy your practice.

You don't seen to follow these three golden rules.
    Bäm!

Comment

Working...
    X